12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Fuel hose to tank

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mark111
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Fuel hose to tank   Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm

While removing my tank to do some work, found the quick detach connector at the fuel pump butchered.
Looks like someone has used pliers or similar to try to pull it off and have crushed the connector, it is no longer a quick detach mechanism.
Eventually go it off without breaking the red connector at the fuel pump and now plan to replace the whole poxy connector with a metal quick release device I have been referred to on Beemer Boneyard - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I have sourced some EFI fuel hose to go from the connector to the red fuel pump fitting so that is resolved.
My query here is can anyone tell me how hard is it to install a connection in to the standard plastic/nylon? fuel hose if I cut of the old stuffed connector.
I have seen a few videos where people have heated up the hose with boiling water or a heatgun to make it pliable so you can push in the new connector barb.
Has anyone had experience working with this type of hose before and have alternative suggestions.
Back to top Go down
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Fuel hose to tank   Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:49 am

Change over to rubber fuel hose, no pain involved.
Mine had been done prior my ownership, I replaced the cheap shit lines and clamps with decent ones.
Line is 5/16" or 8mm from memory.

Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Fuel hose to tank   Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:45 am

I replaced the quick connect on my 08 BMW k1200 GT with the quick connect kit from Beemer Boneyard it's an excellent part. I agree with mark III, go with a replacement rubber fuel line, it will slip easily over the barbs and last a long time.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fuel hose to tank   Today at 5:26 am

Back to top Go down

Fuel hose to tank
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: