GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Fuel hose to tank

Go down 
+2
grisorosso
mark111
6 posters
AuthorMessage
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

Fuel hose to tank Empty
PostSubject: Fuel hose to tank   Fuel hose to tank Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 7:14 pm

While removing my tank to do some work, found the quick detach connector at the fuel pump butchered.
Looks like someone has used pliers or similar to try to pull it off and have crushed the connector, it is no longer a quick detach mechanism.
Eventually go it off without breaking the red connector at the fuel pump and now plan to replace the whole poxy connector with a metal quick release device I have been referred to on Beemer Boneyard - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I have sourced some EFI fuel hose to go from the connector to the red fuel pump fitting so that is resolved.
My query here is can anyone tell me how hard is it to install a connection in to the standard plastic/nylon? fuel hose if I cut of the old stuffed connector.
I have seen a few videos where people have heated up the hose with boiling water or a heatgun to make it pliable so you can push in the new connector barb.
Has anyone had experience working with this type of hose before and have alternative suggestions.
Back to top Go down
grisorosso
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
grisorosso

Fuel hose to tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel hose to tank   Fuel hose to tank Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:49 am

Change over to rubber fuel hose, no pain involved.
Mine had been done prior my ownership, I replaced the cheap shit lines and clamps with decent ones.
Line is 5/16" or 8mm from memory.

Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

Fuel hose to tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel hose to tank   Fuel hose to tank Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:45 am

I replaced the quick connect on my 08 BMW k1200 GT with the quick connect kit from Beemer Boneyard it's an excellent part. I agree with mark III, go with a replacement rubber fuel line, it will slip easily over the barbs and last a long time.
Back to top Go down
Gouldy1411
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Gouldy1411

Fuel hose to tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel hose to tank   Fuel hose to tank Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:31 pm

Hi Guys, I have to remove my 2006 GRiSO 1100 faulty fuel pump - but the tanks pretty full. I can't see a drain plug anywhere?
Do I just remove one of the 6 fuel pump bolts to drain the tank?
Regards Gouldy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Fuel hose to tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel hose to tank   Fuel hose to tank Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 27, 2019 8:21 pm

Blown it's hose off has it? Make sure you replace it with fully submersible hose.

To empty it just invert it over something big enough to catch the fuel then lie it on its filler like a stranded tortoise with absorbent padding underneath it and pull the pump.

Sadly they tend to blow their hoses off just after a fill up. Must be temperature related, cool fuel loosening things up.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Gouldy1411
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Gouldy1411

Fuel hose to tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel hose to tank   Fuel hose to tank Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:40 pm

Thanks Pete
I suspect your diagnosis is correct. The bike was going fine then just died and left me stranded by the side of the road. I knew I had not run out of fuel coz I had only refilled the day earlier. I can hear the pump priming when turning on the key - but also can hear fuel splashing inside the tank...and i have no fuel pressure...

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Fuel hose to tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel hose to tank   Fuel hose to tank Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:59 am

That'll do it every time!

Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Fuel hose to tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel hose to tank   Fuel hose to tank Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 28, 2019 12:25 pm

As Pete says,only use fully Submersible hose. Gates 5/16” SAE 30R10 is properly rated. Anything less than R10 has a weaker outer cover that can break down in the fuel Thumbs Up

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel hose to tank Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel hose to tank   Fuel hose to tank Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Fuel hose to tank
Page 1 of 1