GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Agostini for GRiSO

Go down 
+34
Lemppari
SuperSimo
Oz1200Guzzi
jono-9
Josh.C
Jackstraw
waterbottle
AOAM
John Lyon
little750
akshaydeo
Triman023
Boysie
Tolle09
Street
keenerkeen07
Grisonut
DungeonMaster
plantboy
Ralf z
bikesnbones
Charlie J
55tburt
LBC Tenni
tocino
Tassiedevil71
Steak
Guzziboy66
grisorosso
wardest
Pete Roper
The Saint
garyclem
beetle
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:32 am

The reverse cone ago is very nice, especially in black. But why would you want to listen to opinions anyway?
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:21 am

The Saint wrote:
The reverse cone ago is very nice, especially in black. But why would you want to listen to opinions anyway?

well maybe ...someone has tried the ago on a 1100 and has loaded a map that works for them..
I could do the same and be as happy as they are Smile
no fuss
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:01 pm

Keenerkeen07,I have the Ago reverse cone S/S muffler and the Ago S/S 2into1 and Pete put the universal 1100 map in it. Runs and idles spot on, takes an extra second or 2 to start. The doughy start I have put down to worn throttle bodies, a fully reconditioned pair should be on the bike next week. The ago pipe is not loud unless you use the volume switch with enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Charlie J wrote:
Keenerkeen07,I have the Ago reverse cone S/S muffler and the Ago S/S 2into1 and Pete put the universal 1100 map in it. Runs and idles spot on, takes an extra second or 2 to start. The doughy start I have put down to worn throttle bodies, a fully reconditioned pair should be on the bike next week. The ago pipe is not loud unless you use the volume switch with enthusiasm.

thanks  Charlie J  
how does she run with the DB killer out ? /in ?
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:44 pm

I have tried it with the db killer in and the bike felt strangled but nowhere like the OEM muffler. I don't use the db killer and am pleased with the way he goes.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2015 2:49 pm

I ordered the  Ago SS today for my 1100 Very Happy looking forward to Spring ......
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:21 pm

you took the db killer out of your Ago?????????
Hmmmmm, maybe I should do that to my 1100.
I do love a barking mad pipe.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:06 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:

hey DungeonMaster what map are you running ?
Smile
Keener
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2015 9:38 pm

Ssssshhhhhhh! You might wake the sleeping (Roper) giant.
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:05 pm

keenerkeen07 wrote:
DungeonMaster wrote:

hey DungeonMaster what map are you running ?
Smile
Keener

I have the Ago with db killer now and the last factory update on my map when it was serviced last summer.
Beetle sent me maps but I have not yet bought a dongle.

I just got a tax refund.
Dongle time!!!!!!

DM
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:56 pm

Don't need dongle. Need cables and download.

Pet
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:43 am

keenerkeen07 wrote:
I ordered the  Ago SS today for my 1100 Very Happy   looking forward to Spring  ......

Received the can yesterday , 5 days from Texas , pretty good service thank you AF1

The build quality is pretty dam good , it is a nice piece and I am pretty sure it will look good on the bike , much better than the Staintoon that the PO put on .IMO

Next the install as well as the Matris shock and we are off , mapping as well of course ...re Beetle
Wonder how she will run without a new map ," for the time being" ..seems the 1100 are not as sensitive as to mapping as the 1200 is ...just saying ...
cheers
Keener

Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:21 am

This is good news for me! I have been considering this pipe but was reluctant to pull the trigger because I wasn't sure how it would work with the Beetle factory map I have. Yes, it does look like a Dunstall from an old Bonneville and I think thats just great. Perhaps owning an old Bonny has something to do with that...
Did you need to adjust your CO setting for this pipe?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:47 am

Mark has developed many maps for a variety of pipes, there are several that will probably work acceptably with that pipe having been developed for similar products. While these won't achieve the close-to-perfection of something like the Mistral Hi-Pipe map they will all probably work pretty damn well with a bit of fiddling with the CO trim. It's probably simply going to be a case of trying each one in turn and fiddling with it. The 'Universal' cat-con/dBk map developed for the Termi is probably a good place to start. This will, with any can without a cat-con, almost certainly run rich but not hazardously so. After that any of the 'Lo-Pipe-with dbK' maps with the exception of the Zard century are all open for experimentation.

As has been stated before all of these maps have been developed for use with basically stock machines with no radical changes to pipes and most importantly airboxes. Despite their popularity aftermarket air filters and airbox mods will contribute little to outright performance but will seriously impact the demands on the map in other areas than WFO. Likewise for bottom end and midrange the 'Pretzel' in the exhaust is a great boon. Removing it causes all sorts of heeby-jeebies and at least to my mind will reduce the 'Streetability' of the GRiSO.

Remember that by playing with the CO trim you are adjusting the pulse width by a set amount throughout the range so it's impact will be felt far more at lower engine speeds and throttle openings than larger.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:57 am

OK. So to belabor this further -- The Ago pipe with a DB killer and NO CAT will run rich. The real trouble with poor fueling behavior is below 3,000 rpms, so a CO adjustment will benefit that range. A bit more rich mixture above 3K will not be noticeable. Right?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:25 pm

That's sounds like a fair assesment to me. Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:32 pm

keenerkeen07 wrote:
 Beetle
Wonder how she will run without a new map ," for the time being"

You should pull the main fuses to reset the trims until you can reflash it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:39 pm

beetle wrote:
keenerkeen07 wrote:
 Beetle
Wonder how she will run without a new map ," for the time being"

You should pull the main fuses to reset the trims until you can reflash it.

K ...no Problem.. will do Cool
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:32 pm

Ok so i installed the Ago ss db killer in.. on the 1100 pulled the main fuses to reset the trims as per beetle ,  plugged everything back  in and went for a ride .
she runs better than with the Staintoon all together seems to run or feel tighter with more midrange and grunt everywhere ...i did notice some popping when rolling off but only some of the time ..i didnt have that with the staintoon but with that can it seemed to make the bike feel flat not punchy like the Ago ...
The can went on pretty easy , but i did have to fab up a small bracket to the rear footpeg hanger not like the pics i have seen, not a straight bolt on like the stock or staintoon can...
The weather here has turned for shit lately , but when i can i would like to try the ago out with db killer removed just to hear the sound , and to feel any performance difference.... so far i like the db in its not too muted and on the gas it sounds pretty nice, as far as i can tell.. as far as looks the ago IMO is very nice suits the bike to a tee...
Back to top Go down
akshaydeo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
akshaydeo

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat May 09, 2015 8:18 am

Hi,

Is the map for the Agostini muffler still being developed? And how can I donate / chip in to support that?

I will get my cables in early next week. Before the new exhaust comes in, I wanted to reset the TPS and re-flash my bike with Beetle's stock map to see how much of a difference that makes. Maybe share my experience here as well.

Can you send me a copy of both the maps?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat May 09, 2015 10:14 am

While I had the pipe I had trouble getting the logging kit to work. So the pipe got sent back to its owner. I now have the logging kit but no pipe!

No problem with the pipe map, PM Your email address to Beetle or myself and we can send it to you.

Pete
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun May 10, 2015 4:14 am

Regarding the map for the ago. If all goes to plan, tomorrow I am modifying both headers to take o2 sensors and on Wednesday the map gets polished up on the dyno, mainly to ensure the right cylinder runs optimally. Once sorted, I will send a copy to Mark. If anyone becomes interested and has specific requests, Mark can tweak it and pass it on. Eg more/less engine braking etc. Characteristics of the map: less engine braking, burble on decel but no flames, reasonable economy in cruise, good throttle response, mid to top range power and carpark and u-turn smoothness. It's very close as it is but it could all turn to shit on Wednesday.

This was planned for last month, but home renos and other things were getting in the way. Hopefully there will be no more setbacks.

Al
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun May 10, 2015 5:30 am

Excellent. Make sure you tell the dyno guy what to do. Don't let them think they know more than you. Target AFR should be your call, not theirs. Thumbs Up

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun May 10, 2015 5:35 am

I will certainly attempt to Mark. But, as you know, people can be quite stubborn.
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue May 12, 2015 11:03 pm

The exhaust is done. Here is the result:

Notice the bungs for the O2 sensors. They are well hidden away from view.

The s-bend and the extra length made a tremendous difference to the performance and the overall feel. The resonance buzz I had at 3000-3300 rpm immediately disappeared before even touching the map. No wonder the hi-rise mistral works so well.

Today the GRiSO spent the day on the dyno. I used my laptop and tuner pro to make the changes and the guzzidiag to read the tps. Each load position was logged and subsequently polished up. The delta was surprisingly very close so I only made minor changes. I am very happy with the result and I have learned a lot as I was able to participate.

Interestingly, removing the snorkel made 2.5 extra hp at 4000 rpm but lost some at the top. See the graph above, the red line is without the snorkel.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Agostini for GRiSO   Agostini for GRiSO - Page 7 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Agostini for GRiSO
Page 7 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next