GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Luggage, again.

Go down 
+30
Stubbie
Street
jretanacr
Laker
Fissionmaker
Grisonut
Duquois
f-man
Tod.
waterbottle
Conor W
tocino
Canyon Carver
odder
Steak
bikesnbones
Triman023
rboe
Bill Hagan
DungeonMaster
Oz1200Guzzi
Omnis
Ralf z
89millegt
beetle
keenerkeen07
mark111
Tassiedevil71
Pete Roper
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:39 pm

Having abandoned the idea of the Stucchi rack and Givi system, (Which I still haven't priced up shipment to Canada for, sorry, I've been flat out.) I'm still on the hunt for something I can use on the GRiSO that will enable me to carry more than a toothbrush and credit card.

Two options that look interesting are this one which is pricey and the vendor in question won't ship to Oz.

SW Motech Bags-Connection Speedpack Tailbag

And this less pricey or commodious item.

Saddlemen TS1450R Tunnel / Tail Bag

Any feedback or suggestions appreciated.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Tassiedevil71

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:22 pm

What about something like this:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I have been interested in that one for a while.

I am currently using just a duffle bag:

but I really need to get some ROK straps as I have been using adjustable bungee:

but they still have too much play in them and the excess cord is annoying and once came loose and fell into my chain on my 250 while I was going cruising down the highway.

Cheers Taz
Back to top Go down
mark111
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
mark111

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:54 pm

Pete,
Here are couple big and bigger.
Haven't had personal experience with this brand but have heard 2nd hand that it is decent quality.
I can vouch for Twisted Throttle as I have bought a couple of items from them and they have provided good service. They do ship to Oz.

or
or
I have found dririder stuff reasonable quality even though there clothing rarely in spite of the name keeps you dry when it counts.

If you just want something cheap to test the concept before you spend more bucks on the better quality units there is this from a local supplier
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:22 pm

Pete i travel light, don't camp..too old for that shit ..so a good medium size tail pack works fine by me
something with larger exterior pockets so that you can get to stuff that you need right away,
Best to have something that comes off and on easy and secure , extra tie downs are the way to go
all bags have their own idea of attachment but usually tie downs work better that anything else..
You know you have it right when it takes just a minute to attach the pack securely and less to take it off.
Duffels work great as long as they are not to big , and for me i never pack them too tight as i want some
extra space for something i might pick up ..like beer
There are a bunch of good Tail bags out there, just make sure the zippers are strong the fabric HD
and you can pack it with enough crap for two days ..if your gone longer than that you have still done it right ..
I am currently using a Motocentric Duffel  its pretty good has most of the aforementioned.
Straps on nice with some help of the extra tie downs and seems to be waterproof .
I think i paid about 90.00 CDN , but there are many like it out there that are as good or better..like the motech
bag but it costs twice the price..
my 2 cents

keener

Last edited by keenerkeen07 on Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:56 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:37 am

I like the look of the Saddlemen units. I've been looking for a seat bag that I could use with the Corbin. The TS1450 in the link you posted or it's big brother TS1620 look like they'll work.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
89millegt
Carlotto
Carlotto
89millegt

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:34 pm

Pete,
I have the Bags Connection "race pack". If I have to carry a lot of stuff, like on a summer weekend camping trip, its easy to get on and off and expands to hold pretty much everything I need. You lose the rear seat, but can carry longer items since its all one bag (vs saddlebags). Haven't ridden in the rain with it, but it came with an internal bag and I believe is waterproof. I also have a Guzzi rack on the back with a Seahorse case.

Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:06 pm

One thing I was wondering was if any of these bags would clear the Mistral. Looking at that I think the answer is yes. Thanks.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:04 am

Had a rush of blood to the big head whilst sucking down bourbon after a bad afternoon with a 1200 Sport. Bought the Saddlemen TS1620S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 15, 2015 12:27 am

that looks good mr beetle.
yes you have to be careful what your drunk self buys you..
Back to top Go down
Omnis
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Omnis

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:24 pm

I have to say the MG GRiSO OEM saddle bag works really wells, it expands and can be filled with all kind of crap. It also comes with a shower cap. Bought it from Agostini direct when I was in Italy last.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:29 am

SO Pete have you settled on any Gear yet ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:47 am

Right at the moment no. I've been sidetracked by other stuff and we got hit hard in the hip pocket over the last few weeks with Jude's car blowing it's PCV system and I'm carrying a lot of debt for my business at the moment in terms of parts for very big jobs. Having my CARC dump it's pinion preload ate into time a bit too. Then there was buying the logging gear and an android phone and trips to Wagga. It all adds up! Once I've got the Stelvio From Hell passed off, sold this Cali 14 to a bloke in Canberra, got paid for the V7 I sold last week, recouped some of my warranty work time to help with the parts bill, rollerised Mark Salkeld's bike, got paid the $1,500 from the last insurance job, (Finalised in October, still waiting for payment so it may never arrive!) fixed up the buggered five speed from Sydney and turned over this week's services I might have the time and inclination to look into it again!

There again I might just go to the pub and drink the money! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:26 pm

Sounds like me, as well ....the Pub sounds like an excellent idea Cool
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:34 pm

Oh, and the Serial Killer Van and the Jimny both need tyres! There's another grand! And I have to re-shock and bush the daughter's Jimny before she goes to Perth! We're going to be eating a lot of lentils this month! Rolling Eyes

Pete
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:10 pm

Pete, rice is cheap?
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:29 pm

I'm doing ramen while I tread water lately too.
I'm Okay but I really need some county admins to Wake The FUCK UP please.
Rant over.

DM
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:18 pm

Well I didn't help myself by getting pinged on the Mana in the ACT this arvo. What a pain but I'll fight it.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:28 pm

Pete,

My brother gave me his Saddleman when he sold his Norge and got the Cali 1400.

Think it has all the bits, but am in Atlanta on eldercare duty and can't check 'til I get back this weekend.

If you would like it, I'll get it in the mail to you right away.

Bill

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:51 pm

Bugger Pete - bastards will strike anywhere and anyone.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:59 pm

Thanks Bill. No hurry but if it's just sitting around gathering dust.....

Also you really need to pull your finger out and get Guzzidiag cables and the programmes. We can flip you maps that will greatly increase your enjoyment of your bike. Do it now while the weather is shithouse!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:13 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Thanks Bill. No hurry but if it's just sitting around gathering dust.....

Also you really need to pull your finger out and get Guzzidiag cables and the programmes. We can flip you maps that will greatly increase your enjoyment of your bike. Do it now while the weather is shithouse!

Pete

It is doing that, indeed, Pete, i.e., only gathering dust.  Michael had used it quite a bit on his Breva 1100 and again on his Norge before he finally decided to get a top case.  When he got the California 1400, it sat in his home, unused, so he have it to me to use or give away.

Very happy to see it get a good home.

Assuming I can find it in the bowels of the Moto Grappa, I should be able to launch it to you early next week.  

Understand re Guzzidiag and want to do that.  Have been meaning to read all of beetle and your own posts about it, and appreciate the nudge.  Please do NOT answer this here, as I'll do my homework, but -- simply to show the level of my fear and ignorance -- I am unsure if  Guzzidiag is Apple-compatible or if I need to buy a bottom-of-the-line laptop to support it.  Kathi and I only have MacBook Pros just now.

Anyway, will study and do the right thing soon.

Best to all,

Bill

[Edited to add:]

Oh, btw ...

Pete Roper wrote:
Well I didn't help myself by getting pinged on the Mana in the ACT this arvo. What a pain but I'll fight it.

Pete

... might you translate that into 'Merican, please?  I infer the cops (finally) got you, but unsure.   Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:37 am

My Saddlemen arrived. Looks like I can fit two big bottles of whisky in each side, a pair of strides and a couple of t-shirts, nunchaku, phased plasma pistol. The usual stuff.

Fits on the Corbin well.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:12 pm

Guzzi Diag is Apple friendly; I use my MacBook Pro only (have a PC laptop if needed, but it's not).

I used a Giant Loop Great Basin until I got the Russell Day Long, it does not fit well. So I'm using some Ortlieb's I got for the Quota when I crunched the hard cases. Also added a Wolfman Medium duffle bag - thinking about getting a second. Boy that sucker is da bomb!. Been looking at other soft saddle bags as well as (now) hard bags along the lines of adventure bike style. A couple from Belgium are on their way to Argentina via L.A. right now on CB1100's of all things and they put on Hepco Becker adventure bags. Not my first choice but are tough and roomy. They are growing on me.

Still looking at the wolf man bags; top quality stuff and I have the wolf man side racks on my XR650L. Looking at doing double duty. Smile
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:20 pm

Beetle, I like your saddleman better than mine.
Yours has deeper sides and a shallower top that looks like it will keep it's shape better and fail to fold around to the tire.

DM
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:33 am

[quote="beetle"]My Saddlemen arrived. Looks like I can fit two big bottles of whisky in each side, a pair of strides and a couple of t-shirts, nunchaku, phased plasma pistol. The usual stuff.

Beetle

Did you get the big Saddleman or the small one?
I have the stock seat and a tail rack, looks like a good fit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Luggage, again. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Luggage, again.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next