GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Luggage, again.

Go down 
+30
Stubbie
Street
jretanacr
Laker
Fissionmaker
Grisonut
Duquois
f-man
Tod.
waterbottle
Conor W
tocino
Canyon Carver
odder
Steak
bikesnbones
Triman023
rboe
Bill Hagan
DungeonMaster
Oz1200Guzzi
Omnis
Ralf z
89millegt
beetle
keenerkeen07
mark111
Tassiedevil71
Pete Roper
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Luggage, again. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:37 pm

It's the TS1620S 'wide' tunnel bag. I think it would be best for GRiSO.

Pardon me Pete, but I used your bike to model the bag as well.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:07 am

OK, Just placed my order for one at $101, no tax free shipping.
Don't have $101 but I do have a Visa card!
I like the ability to stack another bag on top.

Better than $569 for the Guzzi bags right now.
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:09 pm

Well, not so hot on the Saddlemen bag. I strapped it down and took it for a spin. The strap clamps let go and it flipped onto the muffler, burned a hole in one side. The mounting pad is difficult to make stable, it needs to be strapped down with bungie cords to work. It also come with metal hardware that would scratch paint. Needs a bit of fiddling.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:33 pm

affraid

Thanks for the warning!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 06, 2015 11:37 pm

I just got my Stucchi rack.
Ordered it Tuesday, and it arrived earlier today.
Lovely piece of kit.
Onto that, my BMW "small" (actually it's pretty big), semi rigid tail bag fits perfectly.
The added benefit of that is that it provides decent pillion back support.
I ordered the Stucchi bag supports for the rack, which accept the Guzzi panniers, meaning I can dispense with the ugly side frames.
My bags are branded Tekno, but they use identical fittings to that of the Guzzi bags.
Probably the same manufacturer.
I also found a guy on ebay, who makes the Givi tank lock system bracket for the GRiSO, which fits onto the tank filler cap surround (Givi don't make it), so I now have a good choice of tank bags.
It's a brilliant system that I have used on other bikes
All in all, very pleased
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:27 am

bikesnbones wrote:
I also found a guy on ebay, who makes the Givi tank lock system bracket for the GRiSO, which fits onto the tank filler cap surround (Givi don't make it), so I now have a good choice of tank bags.
It's a brilliant system that I have used on other bikes
All in all, very pleased

Just making an assumption, but he's already here...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:19 am

Do you have a link for that Givi ring? Or is the fellow in the UK? On the US eBay site I could not find it.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:44 am

rboe wrote:
Do you have a link for that Givi ring? Or is the fellow in the UK? On the US eBay site I could not find it.

Here, I think.

I like my MG OEM small tank bag well enough, but, IMO, the Givi system is a much better approach.  Straps are a PITA.

Bill

[Edited to add that I didn't see the link already posted, above. Doh.

OTOH, maybe others won't, either, so I'll leave mine.]
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 12:44 pm

Yes that's him.
It's a bit spendy, but then you only buy it once, and these Givi tank bags are really good.
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:16 pm

Thanks !
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:49 pm

I patched the hole in my Saddlemen bag and modified the pad it sits on. I riveted the straps to the pad, now the bag won't slide from side to side. Will let you know how it works.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 4:24 pm

I haven't ridden with mine yet. I'll have to give it a trial run. If mine slips I may need to try something like you.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:57 pm

Strap it down with bungie cords from the top rings. The bottom ones arnt as good. It feels solid and then it rolls right off, there is nothing to keep the straps from sliding in the pad.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:29 am

Still working on my Saddlemen.

My Givi 3D604 arrived today. It's teeny-weeny. Shocked   15 litres I thought would be about 3/4 the size of my Guzzi big bag. Nope, it fits inside my Guzzi bag.

I can fit my sleepy bag in, or a bottle of bourbon, but not both. My wee net-top don't fit neither. I could probably pack my wet weather gear.

..but I have evil thoughts..

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:06 pm

Mine arrived today too. I thought it would be a bit bigger. It does expand up a bit more with the second zip but it is still considerably smaller than the factory bag. Doesn't worry me unduly, it just means I have to consider which one I use when I'm going somewhere. For most of my usual 'errand running' it'll do fine. I do like it's sort of semi-rigid construction.

Pete
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:18 pm

Looks better here than on the web. Hmmm, maybe I should consider it. I'm keen on its' water tightness. The Guzzi bag with its' cover still gets wet. I think the water works its' way up from the bottom.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:59 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
I do like it's sort of semi-rigid construction.

Did yours come in a box? Mine was in a post pack with a bit of bubble-wrap. The semi-rigid lid was dinged up a bit.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Overnight post bag. No box. Mine is fine. I bought from some mob in Queensland. It arrived and then the shipping notification arrived last night!

New tablet fits in the pouch just right.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:33 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Overnight post bag. No box. Mine is fine. I bought from some mob in Queensland. It arrived and then the shipping notification arrived last night!

New tablet fits in the pouch just right.

Pete

Tee hee! Me too. I got a notice that it would arrive on or before the 23rd, the day after it arrived. cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:49 pm

Are we doing this logging frenzy this weekend? Is Mark S coming down?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:07 pm

Sure. Weather permitting.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:06 am

My tank-lock ring arrived today. Fits perfectly.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:32 pm

Waiting with bated breath...  C'mon Turkey Transit!

Alas, I still have to order up a tankbag...  Still leaning towards the 15L 3D604, but would be interested in seeing photos of the 3D603 on the GRiSO as well as any of your impressions.

What's going on with your tank Beets? Looks like a paint problem, or is it just a weird photo?

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:40 pm

Weird photo. Bloody Apple. Grr. Latest software update on the iPhone disables manual focus on the rear camera. I used the front camera, so angles are a bit weird.

I bought an XS308. I know it's the 'enduro' model, but at $76 I couldn't resist. Allegedly 20L. It's still quite a bit smaller than the Guzzi bag.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:18 pm

Steak wrote:
Waiting with bated breath...  C'mon Turkey Transit!

Alas, I still have to order up a tankbag...  Still leaning towards the 15L 3D604, but would be interested in seeing photos of the 3D603 on the GRiSO as well as any of your impressions.

What's going on with your tank Beets?  Looks like a paint problem, or is it just a weird photo?

I reckon the 603 must be tiny. The 604 isn't large by a long chalk but I think the 603 is big enough for sunglasses, a packet of smokes and a wallet and that's about it.

I'm pleased with the 604 because of its semi rigid construction and tablet pouch and for everyday running around it's ideal for me but if I'm 'Going Anywhere' I'll probably take the Guzzi bag.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Luggage, again.   Luggage, again. - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Luggage, again.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next