12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeFAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Blast From The (not too distant) Past

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Blast From The (not too distant) Past   Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:36 pm

Came across a couple of pictures I think you'll all get a kick out of. These predate the Ghetto. In June, 2009 Pete and Jude visited Seattle following the National Rally in Salida, Colorado and we had a little get-together at my house and studio. Of course Roper was dressed appropriately for the occasion and had brought along his Axone. There were three Pete's present, Roper, Street and Pedro (or as he likes to say, The Other White Pete).

Jimmy, Pedro, Pete:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

A bit like having the clap...

Steak, a few beers years ago:

Street, a few beers later:
Back to top Go down
Steak
L'Innominato
L'Innominato

PostSubject: Re: Blast From The (not too distant) Past   Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:29 pm

Hah, I remember that day. No grey in the beard back then, and a lot less hair...

That wasn't an Axone, it was Pete's Australian cell phone...

Updating my 2007 GRiSO 1100 (#2)

Sasquatch Jim and Travis

Pedro's Quota

And it's Jaguar talisman...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
http://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Blast From The (not too distant) Past   Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:34 am

Fuck, don't we all look a whole lot younger! Jizzus!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Blast From The (not too distant) Past   Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:26 am

I like the poetic writing on the tee shirt Pete, Very Happy like the look of the Quota, what were they like to live with would you rate them among Guzzi's?
Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Blast From The (not too distant) Past   Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:30 pm

Guzzi Cat wrote:
....like the look of the Quota, what were they like to live with [and how] would you rate them among Guzzi's?

That's the problem with there being so many Petes, GC. The Quota belonged to Pete "Pedro" or, "The Other White Pete" Aiken, who does not own a GRiSO and who is not a member of the GRiSO Ghetto so I'll have to answer for him (Pete "Street" speaking): He really did love the Quota back then, but has since replaced it with a Stelvio. Still, Pete Roper probably has an opinion about the Quota that he'd be willing to share.

Rolling Eyes Convoluted enough for ya Question  Question  Question  Question  Question

By the way, I'm thinking of changing my name to Re-Pete, but perhaps this isn't a good time...
Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Blast From The (not too distant) Past   Fri Jan 16, 2015 7:36 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Fuck, don't we all look a whole lot younger! Jizzus!

No shit. Scary, huh? I hate to think what we'll look like in another five or six years. If we're not all dead! Where's the friggin' emoticon with the X eyes?

Last edited by Street on Sat Jan 17, 2015 12:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Street
Nibbio
Nibbio

PostSubject: Re: Blast From The (not too distant) Past   Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

PostSubject: Re: Blast From The (not too distant) Past   Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:12 pm

Street wrote:
Guzzi Cat wrote:
....like the look of the Quota, what were they like to live with [and how] would you rate them among Guzzi's?

That's the problem with there being so many Petes, GC. The Quota belonged to Pete "Pedro" or, "The Other White Pete" Aiken, who does not own a GRiSO and who is not a member of the GRiSO Ghetto so I'll have to answer for him (Pete "Street" speaking): He really did love the Quota back then, but has since replaced it with a Stelvio. Still, Pete Roper probably has an opinion about the Quota that he'd be willing to share.

Rolling Eyes Convoluted enough for ya Question  Question  Question  Question  Question

By the way, I'm thinking of changing my name to Re-Pete, but perhaps this isn't a good time...
I
Sound Street (pete) thanks for the reply, Any Pete will do!! Exclamation I'm not fussy for "petes sake" Very Happy

Does Pedro prefer the Stelvio to the Quota?

By the way they say your only as young as the woman you feel! So I hope that all the Saint Petes are feeling young!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Blast From The (not too distant) Past   Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:41 pm

Personally I was never enamoured with the Quota. Apart from their weird, hard to balance single throttlebody system they never seemed to do anything very well and had lots of what I considered niggling faults.

I hate 'em but they have a hard core following who love 'em. I've never been into the whole 'Adventure' bike thing though and if I was going to ride somewhere where the roads were so shitty I'd need a trail bike I'd go with something like a DR400. Having said that though if Guzzi do build a 'Mini Stelvio' using the single TB Smallblock with the new six speed behind it and a real frame and suspension I'd be all over it.

Pete
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO

PostSubject: Re: Blast From The (not too distant) Past   Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:08 pm

I think that T-Shirt belongs in my closet!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blast From The (not too distant) Past   Today at 11:50 am

Back to top Go down

Blast From The (not too distant) Past
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: