GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hydrographics

Go down 
+2
Tassiedevil71
Enzo the baker
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 6:35 am

Anybody have any experience with this stuff? I want to try it out on  the GRiSO's front fender.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Tassiedevil71

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:38 am

Looks good to me....Sort of like a prefabricated carbon fiber swirl kit in one (and for the completely hopeless - like me).

I was only looking at some swirl projects on youtube the other night, as I am interested in buying a track day bike. There was a bike locally with all the fairing panels still in grey undercoat,

I could do the whole bike in this and make it look like I went out and spent a small fortune on aftermarket kit.

Not sure about my white GRiSO, I think it looks best left alone. If I had a black GRiSO or an SE I could see myself wanting to go crazy with this stuff. It be a bit like getting a tattoo....you get one and then you want another, the hardest decision seems to be knowing when to stop.

Cheers Taz
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:09 am

I am equally hopeless with this kind of stuff. But I want to do the crappy black plastic fender on my Black Devil. I'm going to purchase the smallest amount I can order. I may post some pictures or a vid if it actually works. I've seen a few other videos and it seems to mimic carbon fibre pretty well.
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:22 am

It would look great on the fender.  I haven't used it, but I've seen it done.  Typical defects are having the material wrinkle or fold during application.  Not sure how difficult it is to remove and re-do.  BTW, "Paint by Steve" offers this for his custom helmet graphics over in the west valley.  I think he does other parts, too.
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:39 pm

OPC that's good to know. I  may skip the diy and see if Paint by  Steve can help me with the fender.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:53 pm

Hi,

I have it done to a few parts of my G12.
Looks awesome...
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
The fly screen along with a paint job.
The valve covers, injector protectors and extrafenda.
You can buy a real carbon extrafenda, but now it's looks exact the same as the rest.
Looks are okay...?

Ad B
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:59 pm

Looks great, I also love those headers..
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:17 am

I  like real carbon fibre , the coverings can look just as good almost .. AD B bike looks very nice  but its like comparing a  zircon with a diamond , they both look great but the real thing is what it should be not a facsimile ..
Cosmetics are a real personal thing though, so I will bow to those that do what they will do.
just saying ..... Cool
Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:02 am

Hi,
keenerkeen07 wrote:
I  like real carbon fibre , the coverings can look just as good almost ..
AD B bike looks very nice  but its like comparing a  zircon with a diamond , they both look great but the real thing is what it should be not a facsimile ..
Cosmetics are a real personal thing though,  so I will bow to those that do what they will do.  
just saying ..... Cool
The price difference with special made real carbon products, is equal in that way...
But that's your own choice.
In any way, special made in real carbon is not my choice.
I don't mind, my bike isn't 0,2417 kg lighter...  clown

Ad B
Back to top Go down

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:35 am

Glad I didn't dip my wheels for the carbon look, the real thing is 20lbs lighter. geek
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:52 am

ghezzi wrote:
Glad I didn't dip my wheels for the carbon look, the real thing is 20lbs lighter. geek

And that is what Carbon fibre is really all about ....plus it looks great too... Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
Ad B
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Ad B

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:45 pm

The rest in carbon fiber will not gain that much in weight.
But will cost you a leg or ????
$$$$$$$$$$
Which I don't want to spend for the looks (now)... clown

I had to spent also "a bit" on a new fotocamera+lenses...  Viva la Fiesta
(Nikon D750; 24-120 f4;70-200 f4 and Tamron 150-600)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hydrographics Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hydrographics   Hydrographics Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hydrographics
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: