GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Ankara /Turkey

Go down 
+15
odder
Tassiedevil71
beetle
Tod.
Pete Roper
The Saint
Grisonut
tocino
Steak
sidrat
plantboy
DungeonMaster
Enzo the baker
okuraner
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Tassiedevil71

Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:55 pm

G'day from Tasmania & Welcome.

I jumped in as well and ordered the adapter.....well done, I am sure a lot of people here are going to appreciate your ingenuity.

Cheers Taz.
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:19 pm

Welcome Okuraner,
Your EBay add is closed, any chance of running another batch? I'd like to order one.

I was just riding through Istanbul last July. Fun times.
Sadly I didn't south of the Boğaziçi to visit Ankara and cappadocia, etc.
Enjoy Corsica!

I'm liking the 604 as well as xs307. A 10 liter version of the 3D603 would be perfect IMHO.
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:06 pm

Link in ebay updated. First 8 adapters sold in 2 days. Here is the new link : [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I am Now working on GRiSO tubular holder for Givi 3D600 Easylock side cases and Held slide rapid tank bag.
Back to top Go down
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:53 am

This is the solution I came up with last year. Not as elegant as okuranas' fitting, which by the way is brilliant, (might need an emergency purchase of givi tank bag soon). I fitted straps and quick release buckles with neoprene sleeves and tabs to protect the tank. No-one did a mini strap on bag in the UK at the time, and probably still don't. It still has the magnets so can be used on metal tanks.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

The newer version of the X2 bag from Oxford has a clear panel in the front I believe. This quick fix up served me well so far, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it. (Tho'I still might purchase a tank lock from okurana).
P.S. This is a 1 litre bag that expands by unzipping to 2litres, and quite stable when flat out.
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:23 am

Looks nice except to rich gas tap, you must unbucle and re-bucle at least two straps. What is it on the left side of the handlebar?
Back to top Go down
Tod.
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Tod.

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:27 am

Yup! That's the only downside, 2 quick release buckles to gas up, but better than stuffing everything in your pockets. On the left bar is a temperature controller for the heated grips. Necessary for riding in the uk most of the time.
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:44 am

Personally I have no problem with cold hands vice versa I need complete air conditioning during summer time when we get 40-42C. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:53 pm

My desert hits 42C during the summer too. ugh. But I am a complete wimp about cold hands. Life with my GRiSO requires I get a 1/4 fairing that can blow the wind out past my hands.

DM
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:06 am

okuraner
Just purchase one, now when is my birthday so I can get the bag. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:56 am

I just received email from ebay. It will be shipped tomorrow noon. I will send you tracking number tomorrow afternoon (Turkey local time) Thanks. Happy riding.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:28 am

Just bought one as well.. cheers
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:02 am

What was your ebay user name? I shipped 4 pieces this morning. One of them must be yours.
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:04 am

I think I found it. Zikar123 isn't? Your tracking # RR087439597TR
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:30 am

Hi Okuraner and welcome to this forum,
I stumbled on your ring on Ebay a few weeks ago, quite by accident. My mechanic has been working on a ring in aluminum for a few months, but not ready yet. So I ordered yours, since I have the small Givi bag already. Very small world! I received your adapter ring just yesterday and it looks great. I will mount it today after some work.
Cheers!
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Mounting ring installation adjustment. On my '12 GRiSO, the mounting holes did not line up perfectly, so I had to ream both the inner small hole and larger countersunk hole outward approx 1/32" to get the bolts threaded into the tank. Otherwise it works great!
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:12 pm

You are right. This week we fixed this error. Now it fits perfectly without doing extra work. We found out that it was the fault of the base positioning on CNC.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 2:32 pm

okuraner wrote:
You are right. This week we fixed this error. Now it fits perfectly without doing extra work. We found out that it was the fault of the base positioning on CNC.

OK! Happy you corrected the problem. Looks great.
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:29 pm

okuraner wrote:
I think I found it. Zikar123 isn't? Your tracking # RR087439597TR

Yep thanks mate..
Ralf.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:22 am

Mine arrived yesterday and fitted perfectly, no need for any adjustments/modification. For everyday use the Givi bag will be much better than the factory one which interferes with the kill switch at full lock.

Thanks for going to the trouble of manufacturing the ring.

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:32 am

Wotchu doing up at 4:30am?
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:14 pm

2:30 PM in Ankara
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:43 pm

I'm always up at 4.30. Chronic insomniac!
Back to top Go down
okuraner
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
okuraner

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:44 pm

Happy Birthday Pete
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:27 pm

okuraner wrote:
Happy Birthday Pete

Good pick up.

That's why he was up so early, waiting for a birthday present.
Happy birthday Pete.
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:51 pm

Hi okurane
Tankbag ring arrived today.
What a great product, and service.
I take my hat off to you, you saw something that you could not buy and made it.
Not only that but shared with us.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Ankara /Turkey   Hello from Ankara /Turkey - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Ankara /Turkey
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: