GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hi from Dubai

Go down 
+7
The Saint
odder
beetle
tocino
Steak
Pete Roper
joergd
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
joergd
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
joergd

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:49 am

Hi I'm Jorg living currently in Dubai and I'm in Guzzi Fever since 2006 when I brought my first Guzzi - a Breva1100 which I partly crushed last year and then changed to a GRiSO V8. Riding bikes since 33 years the GRiSO is one of the most pretty ones but unfortunately the one with the most problems... Crying or Very sad

Cheers,

Jorg
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:03 am

What problems?

Pete
Back to top Go down
joergd
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
joergd

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:18 am

Hi Pete,

I brought this bike second hand from a guy who left Dubai with approx. 8500km on the clock.
Since a while the bike constantly jerks then the trottle is slightly open and the bike pushes a bit. In general you feel throughout the whole ride the stuttering engine.
The Tank constantly builds up a hypotension which may causes (in my opinion) the bad performances of the engine (not sure). My dealer/MG service station can't find the problem and I removed already the carbon filter (US version) from the bike as I thought that this causes the problems as it occupies the second breather on the tank - apparently this was not the problem.

Are you having any experiences with such symptoms?

Kind regards,

Jorg
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:36 am

Welcome to the ghetto Jorg, a new fueling map would do your GRiSO wonders!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
joergd
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
joergd

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:42 am

Hi Steak,

No idea but if you say so! This would give me some sleepless nights back. How would I do that? I just brought the cables for the Guzzidag and downloaded the software but never tried it.

Cheers,

Jorg
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:20 pm

joergd wrote:
The Tank constantly builds up a hypotension

Are you saying your tank is developing a vacuum? Is the breather plugged?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:48 pm

Tank shouldn't do that. Check your breather as tocino says. Items 15 & 16 below.

As to low throttle jerkiness, remapping should fix that. Assuming the bike is in a good state of tune and there are no other issues.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:08 pm

Welcome Jorg,

My US model fueled terribly stock and much like you describe. New fuel map made it better.
As above, check breather and check for slack in the throttle cables.
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:02 pm

Welcome Jorg from Dubai. Well, you've come to the right place, the Ghetto. All the answers you seek can be found here. That said, the GRiSO suffers no problems and answers to no one. He is superior to us and you must refer to Him as you Master.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:30 pm

Is this the bike owned by the other bloke from Dubai? He was having a host of problems.

Firstly there was a 'Technical Update' on tanks for some early 8V's, apparently the vent hole in the tank itself was blocked, I'll try to dig it out. Try riding a few km with a tank with low fuel with the lid open. See if that helps.

Secondly, whip the rocker covers off and check the valve clearances and send us a few pics of the tops of the tappets where they stick out of the cambox. Also check the plug caps aren't arcing to earth at their 'Elbows' at the top.

Thirdly, make sure the 'Sacred Screws' (Both of them! Rolling Eyes) haven't been messed with and ensure TB balance is correct and TPS set right. Check it isn't over full with oil.

Fourthly, re-map the sucker!

This one sounds more like poor prep or a sensor issue to me if it isn't the tank.

Have a look at the OBD in the dash and see if there are any stored or active errors.

Pete

Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:52 pm

This is the "blocked vent hole" issue Pete referring to.

Back to top Go down
joergd
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
joergd

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:51 am

tocino wrote:
joergd wrote:

@ tocino
Yes the Tank develops vacuum. Sometimes that much that -if I open the tank lid quickly- some fuel is pulled out by the lid. The breather is actually plugged but there is the problem.
I've cleaned the left side one (when seen from the riders position) as it was blocked - however this one does not have anything to do with the air supply for the tank as this one is outside the lid seal which completely blocks the filler pipe. Anyway this one was blocked and I cleaned it.
The right one initially was attached to the carbon filter (US version) and seems to be blocked - but in any way the pipe attached to this one has a one way valve in on the hose which only lets air out of the tank but not in!?? pale (see picture) So theoretically it can't supply air to the tank (or somebody has plugged it in the wrong way). However I removed the valve and checked the nipple and it seems blocked. So this will be my next task on the weekend!

Cheers,

Jorg

Last edited by joergd on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
joergd
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
joergd

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:10 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Is this the bike owned by the other bloke from Dubai? He was having a host of problems.

Firstly there was a 'Technical Update' on tanks for some early 8V's, apparently the vent hole in the tank itself was blocked, I'll try to dig it out. Try riding a few km with a tank with low fuel with the lid open. See if that helps.

Secondly, whip the rocker covers off and check the valve clearances and send us a few pics of the tops of the tappets where they stick out of the cambox. Also check the plug caps aren't arcing to earth at their 'Elbows' at the top.

Thirdly, make sure the 'Sacred Screws' (Both of them! Rolling Eyes) haven't been messed with and ensure TB balance is correct and TPS set right. Check it isn't over full with oil.

Fourthly, re-map the sucker!

This one sounds more like poor prep or a sensor issue to me if it isn't the tank.

Have a look at the OBD in the dash and see if there are any stored or active errors

Pete

Hi Pete,

the previous owners name was Nil who left the country. Apparently the bike (despite it had only 8500km on the clock when I brought it last April) was tortured on the race track and some adjustments were made e.g. PC etc. which was later on removed.

I was riding today with the open lid but this had no impact on the bad performance of the engine. So apparently the vacuum in the tank does not cause this.

I'll check the rockers and will st some pics on the Weekend.

What are the "Sacred Screws"?? Sorry no idea!

The only errors shown are on the Dashboard errors menu.

Kind regards,

Jorg

Last edited by joergd on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joergd
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
joergd

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:23 am

Phang wrote:
This is the "blocked vent hole" issue Pete referring to.

Hi Phang,

Thanks for the pics.
As mentioned above this Hole was blocked but down at the nipple on the backside of the tank. some dust, chalk together with water build up something like concrete inside. To open this I used a 1.5mm drill and drilled it open with the fingers. The I inserted a Tennis racket string to push everything out from the upper hole. However I don't believe that this hole has anything to do with the air supply of the tank and the seal around the red plastic of the lid seals the filler pipe. See picture with the seal and the tennis string.... Smile

Regards,

Jorg

Last edited by joergd on Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:39 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
joergd
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
joergd

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:27 am

Damn it! How do I add pictures???
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:41 am

joergd wrote:
Damn it! How do I add pictures???

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], just scroll down a bit.

Back to top Go down
joergd
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
joergd

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:42 am

Found it! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
odder
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
odder

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:55 am

Cool We can see your pictures bounce

I've seen those one way valves plugged in backwards before on other bikes. I'd be suspicious if a PC was plugged in. Could be back on the stock fuel map.
Back to top Go down
joergd
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
joergd

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:11 am

Hi Gents,

I tried this morning to work with the program but somehow I don’t get further. Everything seems to connect etc. but when I come to the reading I follow the steps with switching on and off etc. but receive always the message as seen on the picture.
What can that be or what am I doing wrong?

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:22 pm

Mac? Sorry, I can't help.

Where are you Steak? Steak's a Mac guy.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:57 pm

I had to use a an older operating system than Maverics, I think it had to be Lion or Mountain Lion. if you look through the notes it has something to do with the ports.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:40 am

There is an issue with the ftdi driver on anything more recent than OSX 10.8, but somebody else figured it out. I'm still running Snow Leopard, which works great, but there should be a solution for you. I'll dig around...

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Slo_Mo_Shun [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I think...

Back to top Go down
joergd
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
joergd

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:32 am

Thank you Guys! Will try my wife older Mac!!

Thanks!

Joerg
Back to top Go down
joergd
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
joergd

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:24 am

tocino wrote:
joergd wrote:

I think I wound the problem with the vacuum in the tank.
Ich checked the breather in it looked ok. After this I removed the Tank flap and found two holes (a bigger one and a very tiny one next to it - see picture).

The red hole comes from the breather hose and supplies the air from outside. The tiny hole next to it (yellow circled) is supposed to let the air into the tank. in the tank flap are three valves -the one from the breather hose has a one way rubber valve (yellow arrow), the second one has a spring with a small metal disc on it and sits above the tiny hole (red plastic ring) and there is a third one with a small metal ball on top which seems to be something like the over-pressure release valve for the tank.

Looking into the tank your see the who breather hoses (one for the Overflow of the inlet and the breather line for the tank itself. The green arrow shows the tiny hole from the inside but this hole was not completely drilled through (most probably a production mistake) and therefore no air could get into the tank. The previous owner must have experienced the same problems than I did....
The blue arrow shows a bubble in the plastic also from the production.
I drilled the tiny hole through and should now have proper air supply for the tank. So far I was not able to test it as I'm now out from riding through a shoulder surgery.... Crying or Very sad

Cheers from Dubai!

Joerg
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hi from Dubai Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi from Dubai   Hi from Dubai Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hi from Dubai
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-