GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tuning the 8V

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MVH053
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MVH053

Tuning the 8V Empty
PostSubject: Tuning the 8V   Tuning the 8V Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:05 am

Hi All.

A little advice needed on tuning the 8V. (2010 GRiSO). I have set the tappets and they were out a fair bit. Started the bike after that and all good. Decided to wash the bike top to bottom and wouldn't start after. Spark plug leads are a bit old and spark was tracking to the head. Dried them all out and bike started again. Took bike for a spin and ran OK. Bit of popping and rough idle. Turned off and went back after 10 mins and it would not start at all. Lot of popping and back fires. Finally got running, but shit at idle. I can still here spark tracking.

I am going to change the spark plugs and caps to NGK SB05E (Thanks for the number Pete) and will put together new wire leads for it.

After this is done however I would like to tune the airflow etc and balance the cylinders as setting the tappets does alter stuff. I know there has been a lot of talk about tuning and balancing.

Has there been a thread (and if so can someone point me to it) on a step by step how to for the balancing and tuning. I will only have to be shown once as it was some time ago (30 years ) when I was tuning my GTR XU1 with a stethoscope.

Thanks
Mark in NZ

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Tuning the 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning the 8V   Tuning the 8V Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:27 am

This will get you started, but FIND THE SACRED SCREW - AND DON'T TOUCH IT!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
MVH053
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MVH053

Tuning the 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning the 8V   Tuning the 8V Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:08 am

Thanks Stake.

I will order all the gear.

Can someone direct me to the latest version of Guzzidiag for the 8V and does it take care of everything ie: TPS resets and maps if need be. I have seen some links for the cables (2 of) and I will order these.

Has someone got a photo of the laptop, cables etc all hooked up.

Got to say that I am loving getting the hands dirty again and working on the bike.

Cheers Mark
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Tuning the 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning the 8V   Tuning the 8V Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:44 am

Just search for 'Guzzidiag' it's all here. It does require some effort on your part to discover what you need but it's here. Not being unwelcoming or anything but if every new member got a personal step by step the board would fill up with identical posts and we'd all go bonkers!

Really, we'll fall over ourselves to help people sort shit out but there are only so many hours in the day and we all have jobs.

Pete

Back to top Go down
MVH053
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MVH053

Tuning the 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning the 8V   Tuning the 8V Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:57 am

All good.
Thanks mate
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tuning the 8V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tuning the 8V   Tuning the 8V Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tuning the 8V
Page 1 of 1