GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2015 2:59 am

Put new tyres on today. Peter Stevens had PR4's at $530 a pair plus fitting. They also had Dunlop Roadsports as a pair for $379 fitting included. The Scotsman in me prevailed, so now I get to find out how good they are and how long they'll last. The pair of PR 3's that I just replaced lasted for 17,000km. Not too shabby.
Back to top Go down
CPB
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
CPB

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:37 am

Did a track day with the GRiSO yesterday. First 3 sessions were soaking wet and the last 2 were dry. Thought the GRiSO did quite well as most other riders were on high end sport bikes or dedicated track bikes.

Water is certainly the great equalizer as I was consistently passing 1000cc sport bikes in those wet sessions.

Had a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Guzzi cat offered to help tune my nearly new GRiSO, So I hastily took him up on his offer and blipped down to him in Kilkenny today, where he patiently showed me how to do the basics, throttle bodies, valves etc. I think that our 2 GRiSO's probably account for Half of all the Grisos in the Republic of Ireland. Thanks to Guzzi Cat, and all the others on the forum who have been so helpful. Oh and added bonus, It was sunny today in Ireland, and the GRiSO rode beautiffully on the way home.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:06 pm

Great photo of you guys, that one is going in the Member Gallery!

Sláinte

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:18 am

NOW THERE'S A SIGHT YA DON'T SEE EVERY DAY.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:36 am

Good pics marko. Would you or Guzzi Cat know if this is the same tenni as in the vid. shot in England?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:43 am

Great pics, good to see owners helping one another - Cred to Guzzi cat. Cool
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 08, 2015 6:22 am

The GRiSO stopped going on Saturday morning, just as I was off to work. I had no idea what was wrong and had to borrow my landlord's ute to get to work. Todayhe brought over a friend of his who runs an auto electrician workshop and he checked out the electrics.
He found the ecu had water in it (it's rained fairly hard here lately), but the main culprit was the neutral switch was not working so I couldn't start the bike with the sidestand down and the clutch pulled in. He also found that the clutch lever had a small section broken and the lever wasn't hitting the little actuator to allow the bike to be started with the lever pulled in. If I move the lever down as I pull it in, the bike will start, but if it's level and pull it in, the bike won't start. I'll be taking the bike to the mechanic I've found here in Geelong and getting him to get a new neutral selector switch and a new clutch lever and put them on.
Is there anything I need to tell him before he does any work, especially about the clutch lever? Thanks for any advice.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 08, 2015 7:18 am

Neutral switch is a right bastard to get to. Is the neutral light working as it should? If so there is no issue with the switch itself.
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:55 pm

1151 wrote:
Good pics marko. Would you or Guzzi Cat know if this is the same tenni as in the vid. shot in England?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yes 1151, that is my GRiSO in the video, I hadn't seen that video before but it sure makes me feel good for pouncing on the chance to buy the bike when I did. I bought it in the uk in August two years ago Very Happy By the way I think that the music the previous owner added to the video clip is super!

It was great to meet with Marko 118 for the first time yesterday in summer sunshine, a nice guy with a lovely bike that was happy shooting the shit with another GRiSO nut  Thumbs Up His bike being newer has a nice light clutch pull compared to my 2011.
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:30 am

Very cool Guzzi Cat! I thought the tires and the front fender looked familiar. The previous owner didn't want to throw in the GPS hey? Wink Glad you were able to get a hold of that GRiSO also...beautiful bike!

Anyway, I agree, the music is a good choice for the vid as well and have now got a new band to enjoy listening to from time to time.

Cheers & hope you both enjoy your bikes!
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:23 am

Pete, the neutral light is not working. It was coming on after rain, but as soon as it dried out, the light would stop working and I'd have to start the bike with the clutch pulled in and the side stand up. Then last Friday the light would only come on when it went through the idiot light routine when the ignition was turned on, and would go out immediately.
I can start the bike now by making sure that the clutch lever is angled down so that it contacts the little plunger, but I'm going to get it fixed so I don't have to worry later.
I've been lucky, this is the only thing that's gone wrong in 2 years and 52,000km.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:27 am

''It was great to meet with Marko 118 for the first time yesterday in summer sunshine, a nice guy with a lovely bike that was happy shooting the shit with another GRiSO nut His bike being newer has a nice light clutch pull compared to my 2011.''

I thought this about my clutch Guzzicat - Mine is a 2011 Tenni too. Having added the adjustable Chinese levers and moving the lever in more, the clutch is no longer an issues [ feels lighter for sure ]
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 09, 2015 3:46 am

wyno wrote:
Pete, the neutral light is not working. It was coming on after rain, but as soon as it dried out, the light would stop working and I'd have to start the bike with the clutch pulled in and the side stand up. Then last Friday the light would only come on when it went through the idiot light routine when the ignition was turned on, and would go out immediately.
I can start the bike now by making sure that the clutch lever is angled down so that it contacts the little plunger, but I'm going to get it fixed so I don't have to worry later.
I've been lucky, this is the only thing that's gone wrong in 2 years and 52,000km.

Look, it may be the switch but in all honesty I doubt it.

The switch lives on the top of the gearbox case right at the back above the shaft output, (Basically.) and its almost Ann nine out job to get to it. It's in a prick of a place.

What I can do though is take a pic of a box out of a bike tomorrow and post it up and you can see where it is. The. Just get in there and poke about. My guess is sits probably just corrosion and Munt on the wire and spade connector that goes to the switch. A bit of 'Pushme-Pullyou' on the cables I'll probably have it right.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:09 am

Thanks Pete, always good to try something like this. If it works, even better.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:31 am

Suns out, work day is nearly done, I am going to go home, chuck my stuff on a go and get lost on the GRiSO. If I can be bothered, I might even take my camera! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:38 pm

You need a small hand to reach the neutral switch, it is hiding at the most inconvenient spot on the gear box (transmission).

Phnag
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 11, 2015 4:11 pm

Thanks Phang, I'm as busy as a very busy thing at the moment and haven't had time to post up pics.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Phang
Biondino
Biondino
Phang

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:07 pm

No problem, it is just a few mouse clicks away.

The memory is still fresh, when we buttoned up everything and only realised that the neutral switch is still swinging loosely in the air. Hence I know the small hand thing Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 12, 2015 2:51 am

Thanks Phang. And thanks for telling how it could be cured Pete. I'll try it out tomorrow morning.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:54 am

Took the Tenni out for about 160 mile ride. On the way back towards Oxford I stopped in Wallingford to get some money from a cash point. As I was getting the money out a guy gets up of a bench, walks across the market place and throws his leg over the Tenni!!! I grabbed my card and money and ran and told him to get off my bike. He was p*ssed, and aggressive, waving his arms at me and playing at revving etc. I tried to talk him off the bike, but sometimes you just know it's going nowhere.

I walked around to the sidestand side and dragged him off the bike onto the floor as he is swearing at me. Funny how a crap day at work and someone touching your bike can make you quickly lose your cool [ been a long , long time ] I told him if he got up I was going to alter his face or some similar words.........this worked he stayed put. Rode out of town and then stopped by the roadside for 10mins just to calm down. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

Be careful out there - drunk people will try and molest your GRiSO! Shocked
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:00 am

You don't touch a mans ride without permission. Mad

Good job of staying calm. I would have kicked the shit out of him.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:41 am

beetle wrote:

Oh, I was close. But he was pissed at the end of the day and we have all been there!

If he had kicked off, I had already decided on plan B. Trouble is when you think about it, if you do completely lose your temper and get that good ole Red mist it all gets out of hand and people see it and it can go too far. The great thing about being our age range [ seems a theme on this forum ] is that you have a good dollop of life experience from your youth. Suspect Thumbs Up

Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 12, 2015 9:43 am

Checked my valves (thanks Pete for the picture tutorial - made life easier and I made sure to keep track of the tampons)

All was fine except the left side inlets were a smidge too tight. No mayo.

Boy those spark plugs are tiny!
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:12 am

Blue wrote:
beetle wrote:

Oh, I was close. But he was pissed at the end of the day and we have all been there!

If he had kicked off, I had already decided on plan B. Trouble is when you think about it, if you do completely lose your temper and get that good ole Red mist it all gets out of hand and people see it and it can go too far. The great thing about being our age range [ seems a theme on this forum ] is that you have a good dollop of life experience from your youth.  Suspect  Thumbs Up

In the US, as you know, everyone has a gun. He would have at least been pistol whipped. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 12 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 12 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 26 ... 40  Next