GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+89
Hacky
MrGPz
H-E-ROSS
GNORTS
Laker
MrBob
nev
king Rich
paulbrice
derby
Cereal KLR
pensieromalvagio
Andy in NZ
bahamazoo
Lemppari
supercoyote
cbxtc6
Lenz9753
WCB
Daves-i-Know
KevinEmpire
jexmatex
diedel
ruzellio
Earl of Portchester
HLMiskelly
MalG
little750
wardentm
handyandy
opc
Blue
keenerkeen07
Guzzi Cat
eric2186
fredfrenzy
LBC Tenni
motomonster
WAKEY
Phang
Bill Hagan
Tassiedevil71
bioman
Josh.C
mark111
blue thunder
Oz1200Guzzi
joecool
Fissionmaker
jomartijr
Chaipaval
Ralf z
Trknomo
sidrat
Guzzi Two Shoes
Conor W
NorthernProducer
Grisodude
Wet Coaster
The Saint
waterbottle
Converted Duc
Birch
beetle
Canyon Carver
Grisonut
rboe
Ad B
tocino
Enzo the baker
pokeyjoe
Street
Steak
DungeonMaster
GHTE
Gr8V
f-man
Omnis
Tolle09
Triman023
CPB
Pete Roper
Tod.
wyno
Overholt13
Guzziboy66
plantboy
Charlie J
93 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:58 am

DungeonMaster wrote:
So today.
I Rode The Damn Thing! Smile

DM

Now that mine is rollerized and awaits me (800 miles away  Rolling Eyes ), can't wait to echo your post.  Gonna be awhile, darn it.

Grisonut wrote:
DungeonMaster wrote:

............I love my GRiSO.

DM

cheers cheers

Yes, indeed. Very Happy

Trusting you are feeling a bit better by now, too.

Bill
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 28, 2016 6:54 am

Rode my Black Bitch to work this morning.
And she did something today she didn't do last night - cover my right boot with oil.

Sad

But I was expecting that
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 28, 2016 3:30 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

Trusting you are feeling a bit better by now, too.

Bill

Sure am Bill...and thanks for the concern.
Been riding for 3 weeks now.
Like DM says:

I love my GRiSO(s)!!! cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 28, 2016 5:38 pm

Nap time for my Black Beauty.
The right cylinder was leaking oil.
Out of the black spark plug guard bolts.
The guard is gone.
My right boot got good and soaked by oil today.

So it's back to Sean for my steed
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:55 pm

Get the Valpolinni gaskets. End of problem.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:12 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:
Nap time for my Black Beauty.
The right cylinder was leaking oil.
Out of the black spark plug guard bolts.
The guard is gone.
My right boot got good and soaked by oil today.

So it's back to Sean for my steed

I hate it when the left side boot oiler fails...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:48 am

That is really funny.

OK, only sort of. Shocked

No, it is. Wink

Bill

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:18 am

My oil cooler cover is cracked too.
I will find that picture of the guy that moved his oil cooler front and center and ask Sean to do that.
Back to top Go down
Converted Duc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Converted Duc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:37 pm

Well last Monday I visited Pete Roper and had my 2011 8V rollerised. Today I got some time and Sunshine so off I went for a shake down run to see how if any the bike has changed.

I am happy to report that Beatles mapping wizardry has transformed the bike. I previously had one of his map with my Mistral High pipe and it was good, real good. But this new map is smoother and snappier (if that makes sense).

I used to run the pipe with the spud out (love that sound) but now I am not sure I'll go back, the bike is just so much more rideable with it in. I am going to source the spud out map just to see but I just can't imagine that it could be this good.

Pete and Mark you have transformed my bike, thank you both for all your efforts. cheers
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:48 pm

Fitted a Ermax fly screen and went for a ride up the Putty Road with a mate who was on a Gixxer 1000 all in fabulous sunshine  sunny , no afternoon thunder storms, no HP's and very little Sunday traffic.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:10 am

Went out for a squirt this arvo, some town and about 60 km's highway. Hi Mistral with the "Spud" in. (I like that ) cheers
Smoother and snappier is right, crack the throttle and "Thunder birds are go"..... well GRiSO's anyway Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:29 pm

Went for a quick 50km warm-up-the-oil-before-service run, stopped for a coffee to enjoy the view, and then had my first 'no start' episode affraid
Got the dash dance, headlight (sorry, park/side light) on, and a feint click (more of a 'tick') when the start button was sad...
voltage showed 11.9v
tried to wiggle the battery terminals -good, checked fuses - good, fiddled with stand and clutch, in/out of gear - no change...

scratched chin.

Old fella wanders by, mentions the seat being off, and asks how my day is... peers into the workspace, and suggests battery terminals... whatever  Rolling Eyes , Ive checked those...
Removed and replaced them just to placate him, (and to show him that 'I got this') and        

viola!

So, even though they were cinched tight, I guess there was three years of galvanic action to form enough separation to prevent 'full power' getting across.
As the oil was draining a half hour later, I managed to find time to massage the offending parts with some 800 grit.
Note for the next 'yearly' service.... do it again.

As for the old man, I never saw him leave........
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Went for a ride to Gingers Creek. What a bloody hoot. This was the first time Ive been up there on the 1200. Yeefuckenhah. The 1100 went up there alright but the 1200 was absolutely brilliant. While we were there another 1200 GRiSO showed up ,Eric and Suzie from Port.
Back to top Go down
Hacky
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Hacky

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:15 pm

Rode up the Old Pacific Hwy and up through Kulnura to Wollombi. Roads a little damp early but soon dried up. Fuel economy seems to be on the improve.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:23 pm

Local ride today, weather clearing up here at last , what a hoot is right Charlie cheers
Back to top Go down
Brent S
Biondino
Biondino
Brent S

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:08 am

Hadn't been out much in the past month, so decided on a brief ride along the bayside area (Melbourne) just to blow the cobwebs out of the exhaust, and to give the battery a bit of a recharge. Warmish day, and whilst I was stuck to only 60kph most of the way, it was a good ride.......the boats were out on the bay, the young ladies were out jogging, and all was good with the world.

By the way, is it just me, or do you guys get that slight tingle down the spine every time you hit the starter button and that great V-twin bursts into life? You give the throttle a slight blib before leaving the driveway, and the old girl torques slightly to the right as if to say "stop fucking around, and let's get going!" I really have a soft spot for this......
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 07, 2016 4:16 am

"stop fucking around, and let's get going!" I really have a soft spot for this.....

So does constable plod! But I know EXACTLY what you mean.
Back to top Go down
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:07 am

The new beastie is resting comfortably today after a weekend of tweaking and modding. Pazzo levers (titanium finish, red adjustment tab), service stand bobbins, battery tender quick-connect, rear-wheel hugge (CF)... and, most importantly, beetle roller tune (thanks, beetle!)  The GHoST is set.  Now to make up an excuse to take it for a loooooong ride!
Back to top Go down
fredfrenzy
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
fredfrenzy

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:35 pm

Finally got out for a good run on the GRiSO after dropping her on New Years day - black ice on Palomar Mountain east grade.   Took me awhile to gather the bits - the most expensive was the rear seat cowl.   Also took some time for the rotator cuff tear and bruised ribs to heal enough to do more than swing around the block.

At least the El Nino storms here in California kept it wet and ugly enough that riding wasn't top of my list. But we now have 78F temperatures and I had a great run through the Santa Cruz mountains - Hmmm let's see North or South on the PCH.....   Question

Back to top Go down
MrGPz
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrGPz

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:55 pm

Had the first service on Friday, had it washed three times, once on the way to the dealer (rain), once at the dealer and once on the way home (rain).
Then felt sorry for it and washed it again on Monday, to get the road dirt off it

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Also, took at photo this morning before work
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:10 pm

What a handsome beast!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
MVH053
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
MVH053

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 12, 2016 11:59 am

Hi all.

Last Sunday it was a brilliant day in NZ temp sitting around the 28 degrees C, so took off for a ride with a mate. Left Rotorua and went to the coast via Putararu, Kihkih, Teawamutu ending up one of NZ's most beautiful surfing beaches, Raglan. Had lunch then rode back to Rotorua via the back of Cambridge and through the back roads to Ohakuri, round lake Rotorua and home. All of the roads bar a few are pretty much full of corners and absolutely fantastic to ride.
425Km's for the day and the GRiSO did not miss a beat.

I did post not so long ago about the fact that the bike would stop without warning and I queried that it may be the immobilizer antenna. Turns out it was the key so the spare is being used and no probs.

Mark
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:05 pm

That's a weird one?
Back to top Go down
boxerscott
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
boxerscott

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 12, 2016 12:52 pm

CPB wrote:
Tod. wrote:
wrapped up in my "hell's frozen over" armour.

That's all I can do as well.  Have lost track of many feet of snow is on the ground.  Crying or Very sad
Aye, you guys have had it bad. Seen it on telly. Poor sods. It came across our way but fell in its liquid form, gosh we have had some wetness but a mild winter.

What did I do with my GRiSO today... I never gave it a thought. Certainly would not start it up for the sake of it.
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:59 pm

Rode to work,until the young female red P plater did a U turn in front of me. Gravel rash and fractured ribs. The bike idled on its side for a while. Will investigate when I get outa hospital tommorow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 38 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 38 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next