GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

hello from southwest Florida

Go down 
+9
NorthernProducer
Pete Roper
DungeonMaster
The Saint
tocino
Grisonut
f-man
Steak
bradbusa
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

hello from southwest Florida Empty
PostSubject: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:06 am

Hey all. I am brad and i live in fort myers Florida. Currently i am GRiSO-less, but hopefully joining the MG family soon.

I've been looking for a definitive source for running changes in the GRiSO model line. My local dealer has a new 2013 leftover GRiSO sitting next to the 2015's. Were there any changes to note between the two? I understand the 1200 got roller cams after a certain point.
Also, what is a decent price for a "new" 2013 GRiSO. They are asking 11,5 for it.
I've been in love with the GRiSO since the first time i saw one. It was the mint green and Brown model... So classy! I would really rather find a used model in that color as that is my favorite, but i haven't had much luck.
I have always had sport bikes, so this is a bit different than I'm used to.. But I've always loved the v-twin bikes and this is just too cool not to have in my garage!
My current scooter..[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:13 am

Welcome, that's not a 'busa Brad. Actually, its better than a busa.
GRiSO will be a totally different experience, so will you be a 1 bike household or a true capitalist pig? (meaning are you keeping the Zed?) I am also GRiSO-less so I will let others answer your roller question.

Thing is, if you allow GRiSO into your system you will develop Mandello marrow in your bones, then He will own you and all things Guzzi will make sense.

Cheers.
Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:32 am

it's true.. thats not a busa, but it replaced one. i've had a handful of 'busas over the years, and somehow the nickname stuck..
not sure if i will keep the zx or not.. kinda would like to have the option. but who really NEEDS 2 bikes.. haha
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Hey Brad, welcome to the ghetto. The roller tappets made their way into the GRiSO about ⅓ of the way into 2012 production. So, all of the bikes you are looking at locally - 2013 NOS, 2015s will have the roller tappets. The only difference between those bikes is the paint schemes, Black Devil vs. Trophy Red.

The Tenni Green GRiSO 1200SE was a 2011 model and pre-dates the roller tappet motor, but came after the first cam follower recall. So the Tennis should all have the improved/hardened followers, but might one day need the roller upgrade.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:03 pm

Welcome Brad;

GRiSO is different to all the bikes i ever owned. Whatever; you could never have enough bikes. Enjoy the Ghetto.

Sven
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 2:30 pm

Cool, another Floridian on a GRiSO!! cheers
Welcome man.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:42 pm

Welcome Brad!

For what it's worth I paid 11.9K for my 2013 last June - and that included shipping / setup (but of course not tag / title fees), which they did because it's was "last year's". I think that was $1500 off the MSRP.

I would say 11.5K is a tad much for a 2013 - maybe they meant "as a starting point to discussions" Smile Was that the "out the door" price?

I would think getting them to drop another grand isn't completely unreasonable if you're a good haggler, no? If not, how much do they want for the 2015? No real difference between them, except the black / red color is 2015 only.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:55 pm

$11.500 is what I paid for my 2013 in January of 2014...
I believe it can be drop down $500 or more.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:22 pm

All true, but $11.5 is not a bad price at all. Other than the color, it is the EXACT same bike as the 2015.

Thumbs Up

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:13 pm

Welcome matey. Bloody things cost twice as much here.
Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:39 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys. I was kinda thinking 11,5 was high. I've seen several dealers selling 2014 models for 11,5. Out the door price was 12,3 but that included shipping, tax and tag transfer. Way too much in my opinion but then again i know nothing about Italian bikes. Maybe they hold their value longer than my jap sportbikes have? Haha I'm not in the position to buy atm but i like to put my feelers out long before i make a decision.  I would think being 2 years old now another 1500 off the price isn't unreasonable to ask for
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:14 pm

I see Brad you didn't get too much response from GT forum. Tis a free world and many of us here are also GT forum members, only we cannot speak of things from this forum on the other forum, otherwise some other people get upset. Just a heads up.

Now to speed up your purchase decision, go get yourself a test ride, a decent test ride.
Once round the block and you'll go WTF?
One hour open road test ride and you'll be intrigued, very intrigued.
One day test ride and you'll lock it in your garage, then begin hostage negotiations with the salesman over the phone.

Warning, don't ever think you are in control of this situation, you are not the abductor, you are the abductee. It is GRiSO that has taken YOU hostage. geek

Disclaimer: My avatar has no bearing on any comment or advice I offer. (I think the medication is working)
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:22 pm

Welcome Brad

Do you know the correct number of motorcycles in your garage? One more.

DM
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:10 am

Steak wrote:
All true, but $11.5 is not a bad price at all.  Other than the color, it is the EXACT same bike as the 2015.

Thumbs Up

Not so Steve. The 2015 uses the Cali 14 sump arrangment. Other than that it's basically the same as long as the 2013 in question is a roller bike.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 16, 2015 1:12 am

Steak wrote:
All true, but $11.5 is not a bad price at all.  Other than the color, it is the EXACT same bike as the 2015.

Thumbs Up

Not so Steve. The 2015 uses the Cali 14 sump arrangment. Other than that it's basically the same as long as the 2013 in question is a roller bike.

Pete
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:44 pm

Welcome, Brad!
Back to top Go down
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Tassiedevil71

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 18, 2015 5:14 pm

Welcome, Mate. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:26 pm

hey gang i'm back! i finally bit the bullet.
i sold my ninja and used the cash to buy the bike i really had my eye on. worked out a great deal with my local dealer and drove it home the day i sold my ninja! photos to follow...

two days after i brought the bike home, i decided to poke around a bit and familiarize myself with the bike. i found what i believe to be the beginnings of an oil leak from the oil pan! not even 80 miles on this bike and already a drop. called the dealership and told them about it. dropped it off to them the next day. we went over the bike together before i left it with them and it appears there is a small seepage coming from the front main seal area as well, behind the cover that houses the alternator belt.
so week number two with the bike and it's back at the shop i bought it from.. awaiting to hear warranty has been approved and completed on my new scoot.
other than that the bike runs great. tons of fun, lots of grunt. nowhere near as much power as my zx14 had but thats kinda why i got rid of it. looking forward to modifying and making this one mine.
Back to top Go down
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Here it is the day i rode it home. A 2013 1200se with zero miles on it!
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:11 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:26 am

Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:39 am

Beautiful bike Brad Hibiscus, love the GRiSO
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:14 pm

Is that what I look like on my GRiSO?

Excellent!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:18 pm

Congratulations! You've shed your inner Abbondio...

Back to top Go down
Fissionmaker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Fissionmaker

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:48 pm

Welcome to bikestardom! Be aware that it's likely you'll never meet another GRiSO on the road, so don't get lonely. Get the plug cap mod done at your first valve adjustment service (unless you want another reason to replace a stock silencer that's been annealed by an unburned fuel cat fire -- ask me how I know).
Peace, ride on safely.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hello from southwest Florida   hello from southwest Florida Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

hello from southwest Florida
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next