GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.

Go down 
+10
Steak
rboe
Grisodude
Scot p
Oz1200Guzzi
DungeonMaster
The Saint
plantboy
Canyon Carver
Enzo the baker
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Empty
PostSubject: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:00 pm

Ok so the GRiSO sits while I take the Honda out for a shake down cruise. Nothing fell off or otherwise disintegrated so it was a success.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:19 pm

Well where's the fun in that?
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:34 pm

Love that wall! I'd park the honda right up next to it for some shot's.
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:41 pm

Canyon Carver wrote:
 GRiSO would look better. Smile
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:22 am

I do like the look of that cb...wire spoked wheels would complete the picture.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:53 am

Canyon Carver wrote:

YOU A MEMBER OF A FIRING SQUAD OR WHAT?
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:43 am

plantboy, ghezzi, you two started my day off with a good laugh!
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:27 am

ghezzi wrote:
Canyon Carver wrote:

YOU A MEMBER OF A FIRING SQUAD OR WHAT?

Well I've pissed on enough walls to know a good one when I see one. drunken
As a photographer for over 40 years, I can tell you the difference between a good photo and a great one, is the background.
Not only what's in the pic, but what's not, is the key. cheers
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Yeah well forgive me for the poor composition of the photo. Just before this was snapped I happened to notice a group of heavily tattooed gentlemen who seemed really interested in my brand new bike. The fact that I was carrying my Sig MK25 in 9m instead of my regular carry weapon, a Colt 1911 Series 80, heavily modified and usually loaded with Speer Gold Dot hollow points. I chose to exit the area quickly, rather than litter the streets of old Superior, Arizona with a few  leaking gang bangers.  Maybe next time I will  carry both. pirat

Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:59 pm

Outa this world over here - glad I live in Austria
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:06 pm

S.E. Arizona ain't for pussy's, that's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:40 pm

Enzo the baker wrote:

Sorry but pussy's feel the need to carry...

cya
Scot.
no school massacres round here.
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:57 pm

The Saint wrote:

Really, early 80's CB's had mags not spokes...

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:36 pm

Scot p wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Really,  early 80's CB's had mags not spokes...

cya
Scot.

Comstars I think - really ugly.
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:47 pm

Enzo the baker wrote:
Yeah well forgive me for the poor composition of the photo. Just before this was snapped I happened to notice a group of heavily tattooed gentlemen who seemed really interested in my brand new bike. The fact that I was carrying my Sig MK25 in 9m instead of my regular carry weapon, a Colt 1911 Series 80, heavily modified and usually loaded with Speer Gold Dot hollow points. I chose to exit the area quickly, rather than litter the streets of old Superior, Arizona with a few  leaking gang bangers.  Maybe next time I will  carry both:pirat:

Well that explains it then! Why not get a gun rack for the handlebars? BTW I sold my RCBS Rockchucker years ago. Cool
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:30 pm

Scot p wrote:
The Saint wrote:

Really,  early 80's CB's had mags not spokes...

cya
Scot.

You are quite right, but even back then, spokes looked better on cb's and the like.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:47 pm

The Saint wrote:

You are quite right, but even back then, spokes looked better on cb's and the like.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm not really into the whole retro for the sake of retro, there is no reason to use spokes on a road bike. Problem with the GRiSO is because it has a bucket headlight it automatically gets dumped into retro comparisons, now with the GRiSO SE guzzi have gone with the flow and taken it a step backwards in time....

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 7:17 pm

A step backwards? I'll go with that.
Anybody care to weigh their SE Alpina spoked wheels with discs & tyres? . Bellagio stock spoked alloy wheels complete (with tubes), weighed in excess of 14kg each. Less than 10kg now.
Back to top Go down
plantboy
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
plantboy

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:08 pm

Hey Alan, i know you can find almost anything you want to find on the net, but both your links are to the 'modern' (2013) retro CB, not the original from way back when.scratch

Personally I far prefer the style of my G 12's alloy Marchesinis to the SE's laced spokes.Smile
Back to top Go down
Grisodude
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Grisodude

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:12 am

Enzo
Nice looking bike what ever wheels it has.
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:34 am

Scot P, lets address a few things alright? First off we do have a problem with gun violence in the U.S. I was in LE for 23 years and I saw it first hand. Secondly,I find it sad and in incredibly poor taste that you would use the tragic death of 20 children and 6 adults at the hands of a deranged young man to somehow prove a point that had nothing to do with my original post. Lastly 1980's series CB Honda's had cast aluminum alloy wheels not, as you so incorrectly stated, "mag's" which is short for magnesium, lighter and considerably more expensive see: Marchesini, OZ, Dymag etc.

Enzo the Baker, 
cya
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:57 am

I believe the European CB's and probably the home market got spokes on the Deluxe version. But unlike the GRiSO, tubed tires. I'll take tubeless thank you. The CB looks mighty fine in spokes though. But I'm a bit biased towards them. Comstars weren't ugly, but they weren't handsome either. Luckily Honda did not bring them back.

If you ride up to The Grotto, Bartlett Lake, Payson and Prescott you'll feel less of a need to carry.... Rolling Eyes Hint. Hint. Smile
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:17 am

Scot p wrote:
Enzo the baker wrote:

Sorry but pussy's feel the need to carry...

cya
Scot.
no school massacres round here.

Not the right forum for any of this... Mad

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:12 pm

Enzo the baker wrote:
Scot P, lets address a few things alright? First off we do have a problem with gun violence in the U.S. I was in LE for 23 years and I saw it first hand. Secondly,I find it sad and in incredibly poor taste that you would use the tragic death of 20 children and 6 adults at the hands of a deranged young man to somehow prove a point that had nothing to do with my original post. Lastly 1980's series CB Honda's had cast aluminum alloy wheels not, as you so incorrectly stated, "mag's" which is short for magnesium, lighter and considerably more expensive see: Marchesini, OZ, Dymag etc.

Enzo the Baker, 
cya

Droping the gun thing to keep Steak happy..

Mags is a general term for cast alloy wheels whatever form they may take, you wanna be pedantic whatever.

cya
Scot.
please don't shoot the messenger..
Back to top Go down
Scot p
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Scot p

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:11 pm

Alloy, but also a Mag, on my GRiSO...

cya
Scot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.   New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New bike shake down cruise, not a GRiSO.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next