GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Purchasing Quandary

Go down 
+5
Canyon Carver
Street
Grisonut
Pete Roper
gt1000
9 posters
AuthorMessage
gt1000
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
gt1000

Purchasing Quandary Empty
PostSubject: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:25 pm

Hello all. I'm in the process of getting a 2015 Red and Black GRiSO, but I have a little quandary that might me stupid, but Ill ask anyways. I live in southwest Ohio and have been emailing a well known dealer in Seattle about purchasing it and having it shipped(one hell of a deal btw).Anyways, I recently found out there might be a dealer coming to my area in the next couple weeks So my question is should I wait and see what this dealer can do(price wise) and try to support the new local dealership or just give the dealership in Seattle who is a well known dealership that gets high praises from everyone the business. Thanks for your opinions.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:33 pm

Moto Internaional have their reputation for a reason.

While not suggesting it is the case if the new dealer near you is just newly adding Guzzi and maybe Aprilia to a pre-existing multi-franchise model line up I would be very afraid. The vast majority of multi brand stores are used to simply pulling bikes out of boxes, flinging the battery and a bit of fuel in them and pushing them out the door. Try this with most new Guzzis and your new bike experience is likely to be disappointing.

I'm not saying don't patronise them. Simply be wary. It is also quite unlikely they will be able to better any deal offered by Dave.

Pete
Back to top Go down
gt1000
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
gt1000

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:40 pm

Pete

Thanks for the reply. The Dealership will be a Guzzi only dealership. They are Guzzi fanatics and they also have have a great rep for working on Bmw's and other European bikes including Guzzi's. That said, I have heard nothing but great things about Moto International and they know how to properly set up a Guzzi from I have read is very important.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:35 pm

For your first purchase, I'd go with Pete's advice and secure a piece of mind with Moto Int.
Once your local dealer has proven worthy of dealing with the brand, you can then take your business to them.
Customer service is just as important as wrenching skills...
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:49 pm

Count me among the others. I live in Seattle and I know the folks at Moto International well. Their reputation is well deserved and Dave's deals would be hard to beat. You can rest assured the bike will be properly set up and properly packed for its journey to Ohio.

I also agree that the new outfit may turn out to be a great place for parts and service in the future, but you really can't go wrong buying the bike from MI. The only thing I'd do differently is I'd fly out here, hook up with the local Guzzisti and then ride the new GRiSO home (dodging snowflakes the whole way!).

Enjoy the new bike.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:09 am

Street wrote:
Count me among the others. I live in Seattle and I know the folks at Moto International well. Their reputation is well deserved and Dave's deals would be hard to beat. You can rest assured the bike will be properly set up and properly packed for its journey to Ohio.

I also agree that the new outfit may turn out to be a great place for parts and service in the future, but you really can't go wrong buying the bike from MI. The only thing I'd do differently is I'd fly out here, hook up with the local Guzzisti and then ride the new GRiSO home (dodging snowflakes the whole way!).

Enjoy the new bike.

I like this scenario. Buy the bike and have them hold onto it till spring or an obvious warm spell. Hop a flight and ride it home! king
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:11 am

I vote Moto International also. I've never bought a bike there but I have had several conversations with the staff and they have absolutely great customer service and an excellent reputation for customer service. I almost purchased a GRiSO there about two years ago but I found one at Renaissance Motorcycles in Tucson.  I am a former N. E. Ohioan  myself living in Arizona. I love my GRiSO and the information available to you on this site is phenomenal, however I would really think about shipping the bike back to Ohio as opposed to a fly and ride. The Midwestern winters are way too unpredictable. JMHO.
Back to top Go down
gt1000
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
gt1000

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:38 am

Well looks m like I'll email Dave today and get everything rolling. Yeah I would love to fly and ride, but the weather is so unpredictable, and of course most of my vacation is allocated elsewhere.

Also before the bike ships is there anything I should tell them to do the bike? (ie.. load the lastest and greatest map or take off any emissions crap..)

mike
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 07, 2015 6:54 am

Might I suggest you check out my dealer in Murfreesboro, TN before making up your mind. I bought 2 Guzzi's from them and had great deals and support. Give Hank Sitzman a call at Sloan's Motorcycle. His number is 615-225-6044. It would be a lot more convenient running from Ohio to TN and a great ride back home.

I've lived in Central Ohio and most recently in NE Ohio before retiring to Middle TN in an effort to escape those horrible winters. I am curious to know if you shopped the Guzzi dealers that are/were in NE Ohio? Maybe they are no longer there, but the brand had a lot of support in that part of Ohio and Western PA before I moved in 2008.

In any case, good luck with your purchase.
Back to top Go down
gt1000
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
gt1000

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 07, 2015 7:37 am

NP

I called the one in Mentor and they were a little pricey about 1-1.2k difference even with the shipping from Seattle. I will give Sloans a call today along with Cleveland Moto.

Thanks for your help.

Mike
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 07, 2015 8:12 am

gt1000 wrote:
Hello all. I'm in the process of getting a 2015 Red and Black GRiSO, but I have a little quandary that might me stupid, but Ill ask anyways. I live in southwest Ohio and have been emailing a well known dealer in Seattle about purchasing it and having it shipped(one hell of a deal btw).Anyways, I recently found out there might be a dealer coming to my area in the next couple weeks  So my question is should I wait and see what this dealer can do(price wise) and try to support the new local dealership or just give the dealership in Seattle who is a well known dealership that gets high praises from everyone the business. Thanks for your opinions.

gt1000 wrote:
NP

I called the one in Mentor and they were a little pricey about 1-1.2k difference even with the shipping from Seattle. I will give Sloans a call today along with Cleveland Moto.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Mike, I already responded on wildguzzi to your earlier inquiry.

As a retired guy, I am sensitive to "pricey."  IMO, however, the initial purchase price -- while hardly an insignificant part of the equation -- is not a pivot point, either.

I will also say that I have the greatest respect for M-I.  Dave Richardson and others out there are great folks, and were extraordinarily kind to me when I dropped in on a business trip.  Tossed me keys to a Breva 110 when I asked about that (then-new) model, and said, "Take it for ride; don't hurry back."

I have and will again buy parts from M-I.

I would thus have no concerns at all about buying and shipping from M-I.  You will be getting a properly set-up Guzzi, which is not always the case.

If, however, the local situation is as you say -- local, serious enthusiasts starting soon -- well, I might take the other side from the others here.  Your word "might" is a bit problematic.  And, yes, "in a few weeks" might be of the Genesis sort, i.e., "Guzzi weeks" (and, in fairness, other businesses', too) are not necessarily the same as calendar weeks.  No matter how good their intentions, permits, contractor delays, etc., after etc, can slow things 'til the leaves turn again.

That said, if you believe that these the new locals are capitalized with more than hope, dreams, and good intentions ... well, personally, I'd give them a shot.  

Can you not say that you are a serious buyer and have the hots for a GRiSO?  Tell 'em you have been discussing a buy & ship from M-I.  Do NOT expect them to beat an M-I price.  Will not happen.  But, there is a payback from buying locally.  IMO, in the absence of facts that do not seem to be present here -- a new and "ignorant" dealer of the boutiquey sort -- I'd lean toward local.  After all, during the warranty period, at least, you'll likely be be taking it to the new place.

OK, gotta get back to my taxes.   Mad

Bill
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:06 pm

Fly then ride from MI. Very good idea.
Back to top Go down
gt1000
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
gt1000

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:31 pm

DungeonMaster wrote:

Hahahaha!!!...DM... I would "LOVE" to do that I just cant right F and R now.

Also now with MG offering 3.99% for 60 for Grisos its time :-)
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:21 pm

Damn it. I was hoping to deepen your corruption.
But that's okay - the GRiSO is one of The Most satisfying motorcycles ever made.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:54 pm

Alternatively, I could ride it out there for you...break it in, take a road trip...Aw fuck, there is the matter of work.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 09, 2015 5:10 am

Street wrote:
Alternatively, I could ride it out there for you...break it in, take a road trip...Aw fuck, there is the matter of work.

Which is where I, a retired Old Flatulent, and available for dangerous missions behind enemy lines, come in.

At your service, Sir.   Very Happy

Bill
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:53 pm

Fuck work, let's ride!

Call me!
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:43 am

gt1000 wrote:
DungeonMaster wrote:

Hahahaha!!!...DM... I would "LOVE" to do that I just cant right F and R now.

Also now with MG offering 3.99% for 60 for Grisos its time :-)

I'm not sure where you are with your purchase decision, but wanted to pass this information along to you. I was at Sloan's yesterday to pick up some parts and walked by the Guzzi display. I noticed they had a 2015 GRiSO displayed, but it was marked as "Used". I do not know if it was a demo or a customer buy-back or possibly a "factory official's bike". They also had a new 2014 GRiSO on the floor...it was discounted, but I can't remember by how much (sorry, but I was in a hurry yesterday). It might be worth checking out the "used/new" 2015 GRiSO to see if it could be bought right.

Good luck in what ever you decide.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purchasing Quandary   Purchasing Quandary Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Purchasing Quandary
Page 1 of 1