GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Greetings From Texas

Go down 
+14
The Saint
f-man
DungeonMaster
pjm
Laker
ronbo10
Blue
keenerkeen07
NorthernProducer
Trknomo
Enzo the baker
tocino
jomartijr
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

Greetings From Texas Empty
PostSubject: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:08 pm

Please allow me to introduce myself, a soon to be GRiSO owner.  This is a little premature since my bike prospect is still at MPH, Houston while all preliminary arrangements are being made.

I live in Arlington, am retired from aerospace manufacturing and have ridden and tinkered with motorcycles since 1973.

Your enthusiasm, particularly that of Pete Roper, convinced me before I get too old (71) I want to try one of these.  This is my 4th Guzzi, presently own a Breva 1200 Sport which is in pieces as we speak getting a through cleanup and servicing after a last Sept purchase, used.

Thank you for all the excellent info you're already provided and which helped me make the buy decision.  I look forward to contacting Beetle for a improved map and hope to make my own contribution in time.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:49 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Enzo the baker
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Enzo the baker

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:55 pm

Welcome jomartijr, and so it begins.
Back to top Go down
Trknomo
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Trknomo

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:07 pm

I actually visited MPH while in Houston on business last month and gave consideration of buying a bike from them and driving back east with it. But I just couldn't wait till my vacation in June so bought local.

Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:38 pm

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:25 pm

Thanks, guys, I look forward to getting the bike and learning more from you all.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:36 pm

welcome from........ Canada Like a Star @ heaven
great site , good people
keener
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:36 am

Welcome jmjr. Post some pics when you can and enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:07 am

Hello from me too.
Back to top Go down
ronbo10
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
ronbo10

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:50 am

Welcome, Jomartijr.  Being your fourth Guzzi, and the GRiSO being at once not as quirky (IMHO) as any prior sporty Guzzi, while still having as much character as any of them (if not more), I think you're going to love it! What year model will you getting?
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:01 am

You guys will find me long winded at times but briefly, I'm in bike lust with the 2015 Rosso SE that MPH has.
And that's good news about quirkyness- I've dealt with some on Guzzis but it didn't lesson my enthusiasm for the brand.  Of course I never was stranded either- that might have been different.
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:14 am

Howdy from a fellow Texas GRiSO rider!
Back to top Go down
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:46 am

welcome
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:45 am

Thanks again for the welcome responses.

Zero day is planned to be Thursday the day the bike ( Corso Rosso) is delivered. I'm trying to stay busy and distracted, not fixating too much on the bike's arrival. Anticipation is building...
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 23, 2015 12:42 pm

Sound The Trumpets!!! Let the Day arrive!

(no, I have not been hitting the tipple)

DM
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:14 pm

Welcome. You would never be to old, to let your dreams come true. Only your body will once be to weak, to realise them. Thumbs up for the beautyfull red one. Sven
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 am

Sven.

Well said. Some days it seems the spirit is more willing and able than the rest of me.

Appreciate the response, all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:45 pm

The sun has risen, tis Thursday ................................................................
waiting in anticipation ........................................... every second takes as long as a minute
every minute seems as long as one hour .............................................. and the heart beats..
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:15 pm

Delay until Friday due to forecast of rain in Houston area. Can't allow a brand new bike, carried in an open haul truck ( long story) to be rain soaked the first day of ownership. Call me fussy, don't mind at all. One day more to wait....

Should be a great weekend, new bike and great spring weather ( assuming we don't get blown away tonight, severe weather forecast. Spring storms here can be eventful).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 25, 2015 8:23 pm

"Sleepless in Pantego". Another love story ......................................
You get the chocolates, I'll bring the tissues.
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:52 am

Welcome matey. GRiSO is my first Guzzi that I've now owned for about five months, and I still feel like I bought it yesterday. If I don't ride it for one day I have trouble sleeping. So glad I live in Queensland where I can ride all year around.

Alan
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:12 am

ghezzi wrote:
"Sleepless in Pantego". Another love story ......................................
You get the chocolates, I'll bring the tissues.

What , another soft coque ? Very Happy  Just joshing Gheezi.
I picked up mine on a rainy day,  and rode it home in the rain, stained the pipes , got it all dirty , good thing i'm tough and don't let that sort of thing get to me........ Crying or Very sad Mad Rolling Eyes Sad Sad
Its all good though, you learn to spend some quality time with your GRiSO,  a beer in one hand, and a polish cloth in the other.

Congratulations on your new bike Jom.......     Whats not to love about a GRiSO cheers
Back to top Go down
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:34 am

waterbottle wrote:

Congratulations on your new bike Jom.......     Whats not to love about a GRiSO cheers

Nothing, except when you can't ride it because you're at work or when your missus says "can you do this and that ". He he
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:32 am

Gee Ron, I must be doing it all wrong coz my bike is still dirty, I thought it was a beer in one hand and polish ya knob with the other ......................... jocolor
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:04 am

ghezzi wrote:
Gee Ron, I must be doing it all wrong coz my bike is still dirty, I thought it was a beer in one hand and polish ya knob with the other ......................... jocolor
If your going to the Ruptured Budgie, I'm not camping with you Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greetings From Texas   Greetings From Texas Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Greetings From Texas
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next