GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rogues' Gallery

Go down 
+32
kiwi dave
bahamazoo
evansnows
paulbrice
lcjohnny
Daves-i-Know
Oz1200Guzzi
Ekimyrf
Siggy Javotnik
rboe
Tassiedevil71
waterbottle
tocino
Grisonut
sidrat
Tod.
little750
FreshEgg
Enzo the baker
garyclem
Steak
fredfrenzy
Converted Duc
Street
handyandy
CPB
MrBob
Phang
beetle
GHTE
Pete Roper
Blue
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 06, 2015 3:47 am

Thanks Ron, great timeline!! Shaft drive for you then.....

A parrot is a commitment isn't it? They live for quite a few years don't they?

Like the Mistral?
Back to top Go down
Tassiedevil71
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Tassiedevil71

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:56 am

Since I had been pretty much hiding any trace of my previous love affair with motorcycles (1991 when my best friend at the time and I shared a 2 stroke Yamaha RD350), I don't have any photos from back then.

I had also been keeping my current amour a secret until my 5 and 7 years old boys decided to blab to Grandma and Granddad....oh well. It is a pretty sad indictment of my relationship with my folks that at 43 years of age I still feel the need to keep things from them.

Anyway here is a snap of me with 2 time IOM TT winner Cameron Donald - and yes I did own a honda at the time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
FreshEgg
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
FreshEgg

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:11 am

Me Racing at Brands Hatch WSB practice 1998. Great Bike, it was a Rotax powered Tigcraft we raced between the two superbike events. That year the Supermono qualification time would have put you 6th on the main grid!!!!!!, they were fast.

Oooooooohhhhh. A Tigcraft Single! Thought about importing one to race, back in the day, but never pulled the trigger.... Dammit.  Could have learned A LOT about corner speed, no doubt. I envy your experience, mate! They are so Tiny and Perfect.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:20 am

Off topic but if it tickles your fancy, my mate Johnny has just signed up to take over the composite side of Armstrong Motorcycles ............................... carbon fibre frame for a Rotax 256 tandem twin 2 stroke, anyone?
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:46 pm

Oooooooohhhhh. A Tigcraft Single! Thought about importing one to race, back in the day, but never pulled the trigger.... Dammit.  Could have learned A LOT about corner speed, no doubt. I envy your experience, mate! They are so Tiny and Perfect.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/quote]

Hey Freshegg, i don't want to hijack the thread with pictures of race bikes!!, but here are two :-)

This was the Tigcraft i raced, in TT spec, i was fastest newcomer :-) it was the alloy tube version.

The only beam frame race bike i had was this lovely little Harris Yamaha.

Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:58 am

Tassiedevil71 wrote:
Since I had been pretty much hiding any trace of my previous love affair with motorcycles (1991 when my best friend at the time and I shared a 2 stroke Yamaha RD350), I don't have any photos from back then.

I had also been keeping my current amour a secret until my 5 and 7 years old boys decided to blab to Grandma and Granddad....oh well. It is a pretty sad indictment of my relationship with my folks that at 43 years of age I still feel the need to keep things from them.

Anyway here is a snap of me with 2 time IOM TT winner Cameron Donald - and yes I did own a honda at the time.

Only just caught up on this........Tassie - you honestly thought the kids would be able to keep it secret? [ made me laugh when i read this ] Good try though! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:51 am

Me on my new CJ360T, in about 1978. Moved on to a KZ550 that tired to kill me on several occasions so I quick motorcycling for about 26 years. Reentered with a MG Quota. Then the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:53 am

Me last year, pretending I'm racing, at the bike show. About as close as I'll ever get. Can't seem to find a good one of me on the GRiSO. Maybe at the rally next month. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Siggy Javotnik
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Siggy Javotnik

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 31, 2015 4:58 pm

1989. I smelled like 2-stroke most of the time. A moron; just look at those pants! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2000, my first road bike. Starting to realize I don't know everything. In graduate school so I can gradually learn I don't want to be in school any more. Sweet Casio wristwatch. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

And yesterday. Happy with how life turned out -- there's a GRiSO in the garage and tons of other nice things have happened. [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

SMTCapeCod likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://www.oberlaw.com
Ekimyrf
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Ekimyrf

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:30 pm

Then

Now
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:40 am

Thanks for the new posts guys....great to see pics on here, past and present. cheers
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:08 am

OK, so come on newbies, or anyone hiding or lurking. Step out into the Ghetto and be seen! Pics old and new, even holding an iron,carrot, and wearing a rainbow Woolley hat is fine......

Let's be avin yer! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: My first affair was Italian.   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:40 am

Ducati Desmo 1973.

Those were the days, and they only got better.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:10 pm

Cheers Mr Bob, nice Duc! cheers

Anyone here still have long hair?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:49 pm

I'd be happy to have hair...
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:08 pm

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
I'd be happy to have hair...

Laughing

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2015 12:07 pm

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 04, 2015 2:09 pm

Viking bloodline Steak? affraid Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 12:46 pm

Just me and the GRiSO relaxing and chatting in the park. She's a very good listener!
Tried to get some action shots , but taking pics with one hand on the bars and the other shooting pictures and constantly signalling for a left turn just got other drivers and pedestrians angry with me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:18 pm

You have been doing skids n doughnuts in the car park ( parking lot ) eh? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:21 am

Thought i might re-light this thread Smile

This is me at Herstmonceaux in Summer 1973 in front of my mates A65 Star
- we only completed 5 observation points of the ACU rally due to vibration,  inability to understand the clues, disorganisation and laziness.

This is me at John'o'Groats in May 2021 stunned that i have travelled 1000miles in 3 days and enjoyed it

No prettier - but 267% more age and 50% more body weight lol

Last edited by lcjohnny on Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:15 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : found the historical picture)

paulbrice and Moto degs like this post

Back to top Go down
paulbrice
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
paulbrice

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:54 pm

1978 on my second bike CB400T (steel toecap boots for max personal protection  Wink )

2014 just after buying GRiSO (not even steel toecaps)

lcjohnny likes this post

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 20, 2021 9:42 pm

Resurrected!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
evansnows
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
evansnows

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:38 am

I started riding in 1966, my first real bike was a 350 Velocette Viper and on to 500 Venom cafe racers.
I pretty much stuck to big singles from then on, a whole series of XT 600 Teneres, an early KLR 650,
650 Dominator etc etc.
My collection from an earlier Volvo boat build at Valencia

My first Italian V twin a '95 900ac Cagiva Elefant. I bought her on ebay from New Zealand in 2012.
I flew to London then took a bus to Nottingham to pick her up. Then a three day two nights ride to Valencia in Spain for work.
I rode her for 9 months while working there. Taken on the trip to Valencia

My next job was in Portugal and while there I rebuilt the bike from the ground up intending to do a lap of Australia.
Realizing that at 70 I'm not up to it any more I gave her to my son in Woolongong. Hopefully he'll do the lap.

My GRiSO when I picked her up at Wellington as I left to ride back to Auckland 2 years ago

She's come a long way since then

paulbrice and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down
http://c-space-solutions.com/
bahamazoo
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bahamazoo

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:02 pm

sadly don't currently have access to all those flared jeans and long hair shots....
but here are the bikes from my past...

my first bike... 864 Frankenbike, '78 SSD frame, 40mm carbs, body work from all over... should never have sold it...

'80 GSX1100E awesome tractor. 200,000km together. 8000km in 9 days on one trip...

'88 FJ1200... too fat for sporting, too thirsty for touring, but very capable at both!!

'88 GSXR 1100R Slingshot. I hated it. Basically an 1100cc 2 stroke! All it want to do was sit on the back wheel, and head for 300kmph...

and of course, the keeper... 2008 2V 1200. finally, no more carbs or chains!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rogues' Gallery   Rogues' Gallery - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Rogues' Gallery
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: