GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

GRiSO service?

Go down 
+4
Steak
Pete Roper
Grisonut
hookah
8 posters
AuthorMessage
hookah
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
hookah

GRiSO service? Empty
PostSubject: GRiSO service?   GRiSO service? Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:51 pm

Took my 2013 GRiSO into my dealer on Tuesday because the oil warning light came on along with the oil can icon on the dash.Since then they have been putting me off saying the Moto Guzzi site is down and they can't do anything until it comes back up.The last time I was in was when my dash said my fuel consumption was 16.5 litres per 100klms.They told me that was perfectly normal for these bikes.I know they lied about the mileage are they also B.S.ing me about needing the sight to work on the bike? Cheers Stan.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

GRiSO service? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO service?   GRiSO service? Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:29 pm

Yeah it's bollocks...
Is there another dealer in your area?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

GRiSO service? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO service?   GRiSO service? Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:26 pm

The manuals are on-line but really, the OBD are telling them it's an oil pressure problem for fucks sakes! Tell 'em to pull the pressure sensor out and spin the motor over with the plugs out. If oil spurts out the pump is fine and its a dodgy switch. Replace switch. Happy customer! If oil doesn't spurt out they'll have to look further. A frightening prospect of they're as hopeless as you say!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

GRiSO service? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO service?   GRiSO service? Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:38 pm

It depends. If they are processing the service as a warranty claim, then yes, they would need to have access to the MG dealer site in order to process the claim. They could certainly do the work under the assumption that the claim would be approved, but that would be at risk to them.

If you're going to the dealer in Chilliwack, then relax. The Gords will take care of your GRiSO just fine. If you are going somewhere else, then I couldn't say.

16.5 Litres per 100 kM is ridiculously low efficiency, but the dash really isn't very good at calculating efficiency. Personally, I never even look at it, but rather keep track of my odometer at fill up and math it out when I am curious. So if your dealer says the efficiency is typical, that's crap. But if he says that's typical for a dash reading, then he's not so far off.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Fissionmaker
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Fissionmaker

GRiSO service? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO service?   GRiSO service? Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:01 pm

I hope you are back on your bike quickly. Sadly some dealers don't embrace the ownership experience as we do, and we have few options other than to educate ourselves. Don't allow your dealer to ruin your ownership of a most unique machine.
Back to top Go down
hookah
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
hookah

GRiSO service? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO service?   GRiSO service? Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Fissionmaker wrote:
I hope you are back on your bike quickly. Sadly some dealers don't embrace the ownership experience as we do, and we have few options other than to educate ourselves. Don't allow your dealer to ruin your ownership of a most unique machine.
Back to top Go down
hookah
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
hookah

GRiSO service? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO service?   GRiSO service? Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:13 pm

Thank you all for your positive responses,I love my bike and I knew going in that the dealer I purchased it from was the worst in North America for motorcycles and boats and anything they sold or serviced.However it was the only Guzzi dealer on Vancouver Island and they had the bike I wanted so....In the future I will try to time my service intervals with trips to Washington so I can get them done at Moto Intl. in Seattle .Cheers Stan.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

GRiSO service? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO service?   GRiSO service? Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:47 pm

hookah wrote:
....In the future I will try to time my service intervals with trips to Washington so I can get them done at Moto Intl. in Seattle...

Be sure to let us know when you're coming. There are a lot of Guzzi folks here in Seattle and we don't need much of an excuse to get together.
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

GRiSO service? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO service?   GRiSO service? Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:43 pm

See Hookah, what a friendly bunch here.
Does your user name refer to Scuba diving ? or do you hang around under Red street lights at night Laughing
GRiSO's are a nice bike, don't be put off by poor support , yes they may have a genuine concern but a good trusted dealer a Looooong way from home is an excuse for a good ride cheers
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

GRiSO service? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO service?   GRiSO service? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:52 am

hookah wrote:
Thank you all for your positive responses,I love my bike and I knew going in that the dealer I purchased it from was the worst in North America for motorcycles and boats and anything they sold or serviced.However it was the only Guzzi dealer on Vancouver Island and they had the bike I wanted so....In the future I will try to time my service intervals with trips to Washington so I can get them done at Moto Intl. in Seattle .Cheers Stan.

Don't forget the Gords at Valley Moto in Chilliwack, BC. That's a good outfit and those guys will take good care of your bike.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
bradbusa
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bradbusa

GRiSO service? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO service?   GRiSO service? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:41 pm

FWIW i just picked my GRiSO up from the dealer here in fort myers for warranty issues, and they told me the same thing about the MG website being down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

GRiSO service? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GRiSO service?   GRiSO service? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

GRiSO service?
Page 1 of 1