GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

K&N Air filter

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Moley68
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Moley68

K&N Air filter Empty
PostSubject: K&N Air filter   K&N Air filter Icon_minitime1Sat May 09, 2015 10:56 am

Hi everyone, I'm after some advice about air filters. I have a GRiSO 1100 which is standard except for a Agostini silencer that I run with the db killer fitted.

As far as I know the mapping is standard. My question is would I benefit from fitting a different air filter, such as K&N etc or would I be wasting my time and money.

Would the GRiSO performance be affected in any way.

Thanks Moley68 geek
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

K&N Air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: K&N Air filter   K&N Air filter Icon_minitime1Sat May 09, 2015 12:19 pm

Yes, your fueling will be fucked up, your motor will wear out quicker due to poor air filtration and you will be offered all sorts of snake oil and charlatanry to fix, at a price, a whole load of issues that won't exist unless you head down this fruitless and damaging path.

As an alternative I suggest you buy a set of dirt cheap cables, download Guzzidiag, learn how to use it and take advantage of the generosity of others who will make your bike run a whole lot better.

The stock air filter is the LEAST of the GRiSO's problems!

Pete

Last edited by Pete Roper on Sat May 09, 2015 12:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

K&N Air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: K&N Air filter   K&N Air filter Icon_minitime1Sat May 09, 2015 12:20 pm

The stock GRiSO air filter is the same that Aprilia use in their 140 HP rockets, so it does not impede the performance of the big block engines in any way. IMNSHO.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

K&N Air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: K&N Air filter   K&N Air filter Icon_minitime1Sat May 09, 2015 11:16 pm

What Beetle said, and
If you ever get the chance to have a look at a K&N type air filter, hold it up to a light or take it outside and hold it up to the sunlight. You'll see lots of little pin holes of light getting through,
ERGO~ dust can get through too, they are nicknamed Rock Catchers for a reason cheers
Back to top Go down

K&N Air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: K&N Air filter   K&N Air filter Icon_minitime1Sun May 10, 2015 8:08 am

Just a note on filter sizes, mate was removing a K&N from his totalled F800R.
The face of the filter is no bigger than an i-phone 6.
Outside dimensions are only 150 x 90mm. I'm sure my Briggs & Stratton lawn mower filter was that big.
Back to top Go down
Moley68
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
Moley68

K&N Air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: K&N Air filter   K&N Air filter Icon_minitime1Sun May 10, 2015 11:11 am

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it standard and avoid the K&N geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

K&N Air filter Empty
PostSubject: Re: K&N Air filter   K&N Air filter Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

K&N Air filter
Page 1 of 1