GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Virginia

Go down 
+11
roam
NorthernProducer
The Saint
beetle
tocino
Pete Roper
f-man
bobbyfromnc
akshaydeo
Blue
Grappa Goose
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
The Saint
Biondino
Biondino
The Saint

Hello from Virginia - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Hello from Virginia - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun May 24, 2015 4:31 am

jomartijr wrote:
Canyon Carver wrote:
Welcome to the Ghetto. Just wondering if that high pipe is too close to the turn signal? My GPR's heat distorted mine until I added an extended piece of pipe.

The pics of the high pipe installed sure look like the tip is close to the l/h turn signal.  Maybe some that have the pipe can comment. Or possibly this should be continued in the exhaust thread.

As Mark mentioned, the carbon fibre doesn't get that hot. Mine (modified agostini) comes awfully close to the turn signal, in fact it just touches it. No dramas.

Back to top Go down
Grappa Goose
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Grappa Goose

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Hello from Virginia - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 12, 2015 6:58 am

Hi Guys,
Sorry for the late reply, I didn’t realize there were more posts to this thread!

So far my impression of the Mistral High Pipe... Installation wasn’t too bad, the titanium pipe was a pretty tight fit around the existing pipe but once it’s worked on the first time, it’s pretty easy to shift & adjust to where you want it. I think it tucks quite nicely under the LH seat cowl but if you’re concerned w/clearance, you can flip the L-shaped mounting bracket and use some spacers to shift the pipe outboard about 3/8 inch or so.  I know it looks tight but there’s still a bit of room between the rear LH signal and the exhaust tip (see pic).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
he carbon muffler really doesn’t get that hot (I touched it!) My next step is to clean up the tail a bit, I’ll post when that happens!

@Tolle09... two bicycles are my kids, the rest are mine... I don’t trade in bicycles but I do race ‘em!
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Hello from Virginia - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:44 am

Mine is close - maybe 0.040" or so and even touched when the pipe is warmed up but as has been said, no issues from the heat. Any radiant heat is likely reflected by the bright finish of the turn signal.
I can't say enough about how much better the bike feels from addition of the pipe- whether from weight loss or by some tuning effect of that pipe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Virginia   Hello from Virginia - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Virginia
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2