GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Hello from Atlanta

Go down 
+8
wardentm
Blue
gucio
beetle
bioman
Canyon Carver
tocino
kmac33
12 posters
AuthorMessage
kmac33
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
kmac33

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 10:32 am

Stumbled across this Forum recently and decided one more Guzzi forum won't hurt. In the past, have spent most of my time on Guzzi Tech, and an occasional visit to WG.
I've got an 07 1100 that I bought brand new in early 2012. I debated the 4 valve 1100, versus an 8 valve, but just couldn't resist the deal I got on the "crate back" bike.
It has been a great 3 and a half years of ownership so far!
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by kmac33 on Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 11:01 am

cheers
Back to top Go down
Canyon Carver
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Canyon Carver

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 1:03 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto amigo! cheers
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 1:35 pm

Welcome to the Ghetto! I like your seat!! And I have never seen those passenger handles. Where did you get them? My wife will like those!
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 2:48 pm

Welcome! I'm still enjoying the Corbin I got from you. cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
gucio
Carlotto
Carlotto
gucio

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 3:07 pm

Welcome ! I lived a year in Atlanta (2003-2004), my career started there and have much fond memories of living there. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://notatthedesk.wordpress.com
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 3:10 pm

Hello and welcome. cheers
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 3:27 pm

G'day kmac
Welcome from those, under down under, Tasmania.
Stay safe and warm.
Back to top Go down
kmac33
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
kmac33

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Tue May 26, 2015 4:07 pm

Bioman,
The grab handles are Stucchi Luigi. I got em from MG Cycle. Installed them for my wife just after getting the bike. 3 months later she decided she would rather ride her own - ended up getting her a Ducati Monster 696. Even though they aren't needed for a passenger anymore (if you look you will see I even removed the passenger pillions), I have kept the handles on the bike because they are good for moving the bike around, putting on the work stand, etc.
The seat is a stock seat pan that I cut about 3 inches of length off of, reshaped the rear foam and then recovered. the current cover is a Luimoto full leather cover with suede center section - very comfortable. I had a Corbin "Gunfighter" (that I am glad to see Beetle is still enjoying Smile ) that was super comfortable, but was a little wide for me and my vertically challenged legs.
Back to top Go down
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 12:46 am

Hello and welcome

Sven
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 4:55 am

Welcome!
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 5:26 am

welcome....nice to see a 1100 , and a black one as well " slightly faster " yeah know Wink
did you have to fart around with the mapping re your exhaust system for the 4 valve ?
Back to top Go down
kmac33
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
kmac33

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 6:09 am

keenerkeen07 wrote:
welcome....nice to see a 1100 , and a black one as well " slightly faster " yeah know Wink
did you have to fart around with the mapping re your exhaust system for the 4 valve ?
I'm running an open air box with BMC filter, along with the GTRX "Y" pipe and GTRX Shorty exhaust. I also have Todd's remapped ECU, plus a Power Commander V with dual channel Auto Tune. I was running a custom map from Todd built for these specifics, but ended up having a custom map built having the bike dyno tuned locally (not really enough of an improvement over Todd's map to justify the cost) but I now have a huge improvement over a stock 1100. Big increase in power and torque, plus runs much cooler than the factory mapping. I did the "improvements" in stages and the first upgrade I did was airbox/filter and a slip on exhaust. I had the ECU remapped at the same time. The remapping then was worth the $ for how much it improved the fueling response, smoothed out the power band and lowered the operating temps.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 8:20 am

kmac33 wrote:
keenerkeen07 wrote:
I'm running an open air box with BMC filter, along with the  GTRX "Y" pipe and GTRX Shorty exhaust. I also have Todd's remapped ECU, plus a Power Commander V with dual channel Auto Tune. I was running a custom map from Todd built for these specifics, but ended up having a custom map built having the bike dyno tuned locally (not really enough of an improvement over Todd's map to justify the cost) but I now have a huge improvement over a stock 1100. Big increase in power and torque, plus runs much cooler than the factory mapping. I did the "improvements" in stages and the first upgrade I did was airbox/filter and a slip on exhaust. I had the ECU remapped at the same time. The remapping then was worth the $ for how much it improved the fueling response, smoothed out the power band and lowered the operating temps.  

nice... so no issues then ....seems that the 1100 is tuner friendly.. can I ask what you ended up with as far as torque and HP figures re the Dyno  curious as to the increase over stock ...
Also I am wondering if in fact the PC5 with AT proved worth while or do you think a remap could stand alone ..
Thankyou
Keener
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 8:42 am

If you are considering the PC-V/Autotune route check the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], there are at least two of them available there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], in NSW - Australia

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], in Seattle, WA - USA (including the CNC airbox rim at no extra charge.)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
kmac33
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
kmac33

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 12:51 pm

KeenerKeen07,
Tuning was done on a Factory Pro 4 gas dyno.
The results (corrected to compare to Dynojet #'s since most dyno results I've seen have been on Dynojet's):
Max RWHP: 84.26
Max Torque: 67.74
I unfortunately did not dyno the bike before starting the mods, so I don't have "before and after" numbers for my bike on the same dyno (the only really accurate judge of how effective changes are). From what I have found for dyno results on stock G11's, my peak horsepower over "typical" stock #'s is decent but isn't phenomenal. The butt dyno feels like a bigger improvement than the numbers would indicate - probably because the power curves are much improved over a typical stock curve profile. Riding my G11 back to back with another 07 G11 with just a slip on Mistral exhaust and no other mods that a friend now owns(no fueling remapping yet), the difference in performance is HUGE.
I am especially pleased with the torque curve. My torque curve is nice and fat with a huge torque "plateau" (less than 10% variation) spread from 3000rpm's to 7008rpm's (less than 5% variation from 3487rpm's - 6506rpm).
From my experience, each "step" in the performance mod chain has been worth the expense - except maybe my last one. . The only step that I question the "return on investment" was going from the PC-V with single channel Autotune with Todd's "canned" tune to the dual channel Autotune with the custom dyno tune.

Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 2:22 pm

many thanks.. kmac33 ...I appreciate your candor and dedication to the 4 valve ..1100 GRiSO
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 9:48 am

kmac33 wrote:
Bioman,
The grab handles are Stucchi Luigi. I got em from MG Cycle.
The seat is a stock seat pan that I cut about 3 inches of length off of, reshaped the rear foam and then recovered. The current cover is a Luimoto full leather cover with suede center section.

Thanks a lot! I will look for those grab handles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from Atlanta Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from Atlanta   Hello from Atlanta Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hello from Atlanta
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: Who you is?-
Jump to: