GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Guzzi semi rigid panniers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stevie1
Carlotto
Carlotto
stevie1

Guzzi semi rigid panniers Empty
PostSubject: Guzzi semi rigid panniers   Guzzi semi rigid panniers Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 10:33 pm

Hello Gents
I have just fitted a pair of the M-G panniers to my GRiSO.
Easy to fit, even without instructions, BUT, on the L/H side there was a rubber bobbin/spacer supplied, i have fitted the pannier rail without the bobbin, as there is already an exhaust spacer there, am i correct in thinking the supplied bobbin is for use with non standard exhausts??, could anyone post a picture with these rails fitted with a standard exhaust, mine is a 2010 1200 8V.
Before some one says it, im a troglodyte & have no idea how to post a picture of mine on here.
Also, my panniers did not come with a locking key, does anyone know how to get a replacement one, ie is it simple or a mega headache.
Many thanks
Stevie
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi semi rigid panniers   Guzzi semi rigid panniers Icon_minitime1Fri May 29, 2015 12:53 pm

I had to use the spacer or the right (drive shaft) side so the lower support would clear. The left side just bolted up.
Back to top Go down
stevie1
Carlotto
Carlotto
stevie1

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi semi rigid panniers   Guzzi semi rigid panniers Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks Triman.
Sounds like ive fitted correctly, only concern now is about keys for securing to frames.
Back to top Go down
remgitano
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
remgitano

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi semi rigid panniers   Guzzi semi rigid panniers Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 14, 2015 8:41 pm

If you are talking about the MG cordura-like bags and panniers, take a look at my post under the GRiSO inspiration forum. I posted it only a couple of weeks ago and should still be on page one. That at least details my solution to the mounting of the factory bags and panniers.
Back to top Go down
swagzz
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
swagzz

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi semi rigid panniers   Guzzi semi rigid panniers Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:55 pm

Hi Stevie
Have had the guzzi bags on my G11 for 7 years without locking them on as its a pain to unlock when packed.
They have never came loose while travelling despite Australian version of roads attempting to dislodge them.
later swagzz
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi semi rigid panniers   Guzzi semi rigid panniers Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2015 7:03 pm

My keys were inside the bags in the lock
Back to top Go down
stevie1
Carlotto
Carlotto
stevie1

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi semi rigid panniers   Guzzi semi rigid panniers Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:32 pm

Thanks for the replies, as i thought, i have fitted them correctly, my only concern was the keys, but with our crappy UK weather, the bike has hardly been out, its one of those things ill sort eventually, i think!!
Back to top Go down
rboe
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
rboe

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi semi rigid panniers   Guzzi semi rigid panniers Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:33 pm

Since you are in the UK where frogs run the risk of drowning you may be interested in my take on the Guzzi saddle bags. They were too small for my sleeping bag (and bags are expensive!) so I bought the Klip-it mounts that are on the back of the GRiSO bags and attached them to my Ortlieb saddle bags.

They are a bit larger and waterproof. This water proofing was tested last year on the rally run (and joy of  joys, not test this year!!).

Still have the GRiSO bags, I suspect they may go with the bike when and if I sell it.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guzzi semi rigid panniers   Guzzi semi rigid panniers Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Guzzi semi rigid panniers
Page 1 of 1