GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Which Martris ??

Go down 
+6
odder
jeremyb
tocino
Pete Roper
beetle
Chronic
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Which Martris ?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Martris ??   Which Martris ?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:19 pm

Pascal, 75kg makes you a fly weight or jockey in this land of the great white beer belly.

I believe the main problem with the stock suspension is too much "hi-speed" compression damping.
The compression adjuster on the Sachs mainly adjusts lo-speed damping, this comes into play when cornering hard and the suspension wants to sag or collapse.
But on big bumps you get hydraulic lock as the oil can't flow fast enough so the shock cannot compress. If your roads are smooth, you won't notice the problem.

Find a 165lb GRiSO owner with a top dollar shock and take it for a ride, you will appreciate the difference.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Which Martris ??   Which Martris ?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:55 pm

ghezzi wrote:

Find a 165lb GRiSO owner with a top dollar shock and take it for a ride, you will appreciate the difference.

That I would like to try and it makes sense.^^^^^^^^^
I guess I'm used to crappy suspension and off road riding...
If I can stay with the local guys in the twisties while they're on much faster and lighter bikes, I'd love to see what happens with a top dollar set up! Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which Martris ??   Which Martris ?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:32 pm

Grisonut wrote:
If I can stay with the local guys in the twisties while they're on much faster and lighter bikes, I'd love to see what happens with a top dollar set up! Laughing Laughing

And that my friend is the whole secret to ROAD riding, a properly set up compliant suspension that totally smooths out all the bumps on shit roads. You ride as if you were on a billiard table smooth surface, with little physical input, feeling relaxed and enjoying the ride. While others with their race track inspired set up (rock hard) suspension, work hard and get bounced all over the place.

Hey, this is a Guzzi secret OK.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Which Martris ??   Which Martris ?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 09, 2015 5:24 am

Mmmmkayyyyy...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Which Martris ??   Which Martris ?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:07 pm

I've gone and blown another fork seal. Sod it, just what I don't need Mad  I'm also cash strapped at the moment so I dunno if I can afford the Matris kit. I reckon I'll find the money somehow but it's a PITA. Too many wheelies and a big pothole did for it this time. I suppose it's an object lesson in being more responsible.

And now it's snowing! Fuck! Rolling Eyes

Pete

Still can't start a new topic.
Back to top Go down
Lenz9753
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Lenz9753

PostSubject: Re: Which Martris ??   Which Martris ?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:54 am

Dunno how you handle the continuous shit winter weather in your area - I would have a meltdown I think. People in the northern hemisphere that have severe, isolating winters must REALLY look forward to the freedom of summer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Martris ??   Which Martris ?? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Which Martris ??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: