GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Too short a ride?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

Too short a ride? Empty
PostSubject: Too short a ride?   Too short a ride? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:59 am

In a fortnights time my bike will pass 160 000 Kms. GO THE WOG BIKES!! I am looking to buy a 2015 1200 in the hopefully not too distant future, 3 to 6 months. What little sanity I have left demands that I ride to work. My journey to work is 10 Kms as the crow flies. I only ever go this way in the most extreme weather. The usual route is 20kms but can be three or four times that. This consists of 7or 8 Ks of suburbia then some Pacific highway and then more suburbia. I warm my bike up while I put Helmet glasses and gloves on. Winter time we might get down to 0 degrees C without frost and summer time 42 degrees C.
Do you reckon this is too short a trip for a 1200 ? .Apparently I will have to monitor eng.oil temp and baffle oil cooler to suit.? , and when not riding to work give it the berries.....Cheers.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Too short a ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too short a ride?   Too short a ride? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:05 am

Fantastic !!!! I don't know who deserves the medal, you or the bike.
Good to hear that these bikes have that type of longevity.
Do you know of any other G11 with more ?.
How is the bike holding up ?
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

Too short a ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too short a ride?   Too short a ride? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:31 am

Gday Wardentm,I don't know of any 1100s with more kays. The medal should go to Beetle and Pete and co for their work with guzzidiag. After I get back from mudgee next weekend I will give him a new clutch,third one and a thorough goin over. How many Ks on your bike? Youd be blessed with a GRiSO in Tassie, wouldn't mind takin mine there. we lived in the Sorrell area for a year,20 odd years ago and had a hoot on my '55 G80 Matchless so I can imagine how the GRiSO would be in its element.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Too short a ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too short a ride?   Too short a ride? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:10 am

G'day Charlie
I am just a recent GRiSO convert, have been a Royal Enfield tragic up to now, had 9 up to recently, sold 3 to buy this GRiSO. 2 diesels and a 350 single Bullet.
Had it for 5 weeks and put over 1000ks, enjoying it muchly, yes Tas is great for it.
It has just clicked over 58000 thats why I was happy when you mentioned yours.
Stay warm.
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

Too short a ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too short a ride?   Too short a ride? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:49 am

Wardentm, Do you know you have one of the 33 Red 1100's bought into Australia. You have , in my opinion , the ideal climate and terrain for motorcycle longevity. Have you got a "Beetle" map? Do you service the bike yourself? Mate of mine who used to put shit on my T3 but now has a California Stone bought a Royal Enfield Continental GT. Nice to ride, more go than a Matchy but how good was swingin a leg over the GRiSO after the Enfield.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Too short a ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too short a ride?   Too short a ride? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:55 am

Charlie J wrote:

Do you reckon this is too short a trip for a 1200 ? .Apparently I will have to monitor eng.oil temp and baffle oil cooler to suit.? , and when not riding to work give it the berries.....Cheers.

I reckon it is to short, but I'm a contrary type. I wouldn't commute on my GRiSO, buts if I had to, I'd be stickin a baffle in. And flogging the shit out of it. cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Too short a ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too short a ride?   Too short a ride? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:19 am

Hi again Charlie
As I said earlier I have only had this bike for 5 weeks and after the Enfields, WOW performance wise, lets not get into the debate about soul/character ect ect
Where bikes are concerned I believe there is no right and wrong one for each of us, it's whatever floats YOUR boat, just enjoy whatever you have.
The problem I had was kicking an older twin/Diesel with an ageing leg and the slowness on the highways dealing with semis.
Now have the best of both worlds, old brits for the back roads and this beauty for the highways.
I am isolated here on the NW of Tas so I will be doing my own serviceing.
I am confident that this bike is still running the original map therefor no beetle.
I am also an old fart who struggles with the pc stuff.
If ever I am over on the north island I may visit someone who may pop anther map on to try.
Thanks for the 33 red GRiSO info, great.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Too short a ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too short a ride?   Too short a ride? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:51 am

It will be inevitable that Jude and I will be in Tassie again in the next year or so. If you haven't conquered your fear of technology by then, (And really, there is nothing to fear.) I'll gladly stop by and flip a map in your bike. Half an hour tops. But easier if you do it yourself......

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

Too short a ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too short a ride?   Too short a ride? Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:01 am

Hello Pete
Thanks for your kind offer.
If ever your over this way please let me know, we live around 15 mins from the ferry and we are the place to come to for brekkie after getting off.
There is also a warm bed and a cheap red if your after that sort of thing.
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Too short a ride? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Too short a ride?   Too short a ride? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Too short a ride?
Page 1 of 1