GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Seat cowl for GRiSO

Go down 
+3
Steak
Pete Roper
Cage Free
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Cage Free
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

Seat cowl for GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:20 pm

Ive looked far and wide and cant find anyone who makes a seat cowl for the GRiSO. I really like the look and may have to resort to trying to make my own. Anyone know of any aftermarket options?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:13 pm

Sorry, not sure what you mean? Do you mean a plastic/fibreglass type cover for the pillion section? If so I thought Stucchi made one but I could be quite wrong. I usually am about cosmetic stuff.

Pete

Back to top Go down
Cage Free
Squinternotto
Squinternotto

PostSubject: Re: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:27 am

Pete Roper wrote:
Sorry, not sure what you mean? Do you mean a plastic/fibreglass type cover for the pillion section? If so I thought Stucchi made one but I could be quite wrong. I usually am about cosmetic stuff.

Pete

Yes, the fiberglass or plastic cover that goes over the passenger part of the seat. I just like the clean sporty look they give a bike and thought one would look good on the GRiSO especially after seeing one on BMWs GRiSO clone the 9t.
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:53 am

I have seen some photos from Stucchi Luigi, but it might have been a prototype.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:48 pm

Ran accross this pillion cover/cowl on Fleabay:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:13 pm

It doesn't look right on the stock seat as it protrude outward IMO.
I've been looking into a hard cover since I made my own solo seat for my now departed 09...
I've been thinking using the Breva Sport one or a Thruxton if it doesn't require too much engineering if not, I'll start from scratch.
Within the next few months, I'm also working on making a 6 gal metal gas tank so I don't have to plan rides according to the low autonomy of the factory one.
The trick will be to not destroy the awesome look of the bike.Laughing
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:10 pm

Maybe a re-upholstered seat (as in the old days) will give you the bump you want?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:37 pm

This is the seat I made:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I had the logo embroidered in gold but it won't match too good on the Black Devil now so I like to make a cover for that seat instead of re-doing it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:01 pm

Personally, I don't like the way the pillion seat rises up from the tail light shroud. To me the line should continue forward in a graceful arc. Obviously not good for pillion comfort but in Qld we have half price rego for single seater bikes.

If I owned a GRiSO (If I were a rich man - good name for a song), I would have a rider bum stop and a custom cowl that flowed with the natural lines of the bike. Made in plastic and welded to the OEM seat base, then painted.

But that's just me, with OCMD.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:20 pm

I agree with you ghezzi... That's the only thing on the bike that doesn't flow IMO.
I tried to shave more of it before recovering with vinyl but I didn't want to weaken the integrity of the seat at the very end.
I'll shape something up eventually...
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:18 pm

I agree also.
The pillion accomodations for the Centauro felt made the passenger feel like they were going to slide off the back!!
So the stock GRiSO set-up is an improvement but I think ghezzi is right.

DM

Last edited by DungeonMaster on Tue Sep 23, 2014 7:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:04 pm

Original Bellagio pillions seat is the same as Centauro, not worth a knob of goats poop!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seat cowl for GRiSO   Seat cowl for GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Seat cowl for GRiSO
Page 1 of 1