GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Empty
PostSubject: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:37 pm

higher pegs anyone?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:23 pm

I know a guy who has raised his pegs. He still scrapes 'em. He also scrapes his header pipes as well.

You there Carlo?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:29 pm

I was gonna say its time you fettled your suspension properly, but didn't you used to race sid?
Maybe its time to get old and slow like the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:53 pm

Not boasting, there are people a lot faster than me, just more of a great feeling on the way home in summer, not even trying, i love that GRiSO.

Hey Beetle the pegs go down before you get to the edge of the front tyre so there is lots to come but its not that sort of bike and probably a longer shock would suit more than lower pegs

and yes ghezzi, raced WSB and the TT, and as anyone who has raced knows the racetrack is a different animal than the road and GRiSO is a road bike and i want to keep it that way.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 3:10 pm

I realize road and track are different, but so is the rectal sphincter of those who have raced.
Mine seems to tighten up at a predetermined lean angle, and it can't be reset by the likes of GuzziDiag.
So my rantings are more to do with how easy and much fun Bella is to ride with the current set-up. Just wish more forum members could come and have a go on it.

Last edited by ghezzi on Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:19 pm

I'm happy with just scraping the sidestand. Maybe a Stelvio shock? That'll up ride height. Razz

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:08 pm

@sidrat - are you scraping the side stand first and then the peg, or doesn't your side stand scrape?
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:27 am

Josh.C wrote:
@sidrat - are you scraping the side stand first and then the peg, or doesn't your side stand scrape?

I am wary of left handers, as the sidestand is pretty solid when it goes down! Its the right hand peg that scraped on the way home last night :-)
Back to top Go down
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:02 am

I scrape my toast in the morning
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:14 am

pjm wrote:
I scrape my toast in the morning

I can see i shouldn't have started this!

more emphasis on the great ride home in a summer evening, less on the ground clearance of the GRiSO :-)
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:32 am

I get off and walk around corners........ Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:19 am

sidrat wrote:
Josh.C wrote:

I am wary of left handers, as the sidestand is pretty solid when it goes down! Its the right hand peg that scraped on the way home last night :-)

No worries and I'm not trying to get competitive with the whole "chicken strip" thing. I was just hoping you'd found a way to set the bike up so that you scrape the pegs without the side stand touching down first.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:24 am

Josh.C wrote:
sidrat wrote:
Josh.C wrote:

No worries and I'm not trying to get competitive with the whole "chicken strip" thing. I was just hoping you'd found a way to set the bike up so that you scrape the pegs without the side stand touching down first.

I have thought about raising the ride height at the back with a longer shock and therefore not having to drop the forks through the yoke quite so much. I am on the 5th ring on the forks and for normal riding its great. If you want to get on a bit she does like to understeer slightly, which isn't too much of a problem with wide bars.

In an ideal world the side stand could do with a re-design to tuck it out of the way. I see earlier that Beetle has a friend who gets the headers down, so maybe we are just riding the bike beyond its design parameters, not because we can, but because GRiSO wants us to :-)
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:29 am

sidrat wrote:
I see earlier that Beetle has a friend who gets the headers down, so maybe we are just riding the bike beyond its design parameters, not because we can, but because GRiSO wants us to :-)

We could just do this around every corner (haha)...

Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 6:46 am

Josh.C wrote:
sidrat wrote:
I see earlier that Beetle has a friend who gets the headers down, so maybe we are just riding the bike beyond its design parameters, not because we can, but because GRiSO wants us to :-)

We could just do this around every corner (haha)...

Yes, this is the next step! I don't have sliders on my two piece leathers for that reason! maybe i should get some sown on, i look stupid in race leathers on a GRiSO
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:50 pm

Nah, just put sliders on the jugs. cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening   Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Summer has turned up...the pegs went down on the way home this evening
Page 1 of 1