GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style

Go down 
+17
waterbottle
sidrat
Grisonut
GHTE
Mad Welshman
Oz1200Guzzi
Stepside Johnny
Street
Chronic
Tolle09
Blue
Earl of Portchester
bioman
tocino
beetle
tarsky68
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:50 pm

It's not just the plastic non warped one painted Silver is it? Looks good I agree.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:50 am

I don't think so Ian, it looks like cast aluminum (aluminium Very Happy ) to me. It looks like what Steak was suggesting a while back. If somebody has already gone to the trouble of making patterns and molds, I'd sure like to know about it since I'm not inclined to take it on.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

“When I'm riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.
When I stop riding my motorcycle, I'm glad to be alive.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:25 am

I remember, years ago, I was road racing a Suzuki TS125 (awesome power - NOT) on "Trials Universals". It was at Oran Park no less, which is now a house bound suburb for the nouveau housed.

I didn't have any issues as I had come from dirt to get there - far more traction! My biggest problem was letting myself lean at a sufficient angle to get around the corner faster - bastards were rounding me up on the outside on their TZs.

Years ago, trials universals, or block pattern tread, was standard fitment on most bikes - you can used to anything.
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:36 am

Street wrote:
I don't think so Ian, it looks like cast aluminum (aluminium Very Happy ) to me. It looks like what Steak was suggesting a while back. If somebody has already gone to the trouble of making patterns and molds, I'd sure like to know about it since I'm not inclined to take it on.

Well if it is, I would like one too as it looks great and would not bloody warp! Need to leave a comment below the video and see if it is possible to get one/some.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:38 am

I'm going to be contrary (surprise!). I think I've found my new headlight. cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:08 pm

beetle wrote:
I'm going to be contrary (surprise!). I think I've found my new headlight. cheers

Well there you go - some good came out of it and it takes all sorts Mark Exclamation Smile
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:28 pm

I've changed my mind. They're designed for off road work and they cost a bloody fortune. Razz

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
tarsky68
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tarsky68

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:25 pm

Yea, I'm not a huge fan of that headlight myself. It's just a bit too different for my taste, but as I've said before...to each their own! However, I would like to remind everyone that off-road lights are absolutely mandatory for the zombie apocalypse. That is why I went with the Denali D-4's Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Mad Welshman
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Mad Welshman

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:04 pm

I love it its sooo Mad Max !!!
Back to top Go down
GHTE
Nibbio
Nibbio
GHTE

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:11 am

Unique is a word that comes to mind. Might I enquire as to the driving force behind the knobbies, are you taking her on paths less traveled or is it just to differentiate. Must confess it is quite provocating and frankly its quite neat.
Back to top Go down
https://glennhilleard@gmail.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:06 pm

I don't see the point... A 500lbs bike is already a bad idea when it comes to off road on a bike that's already set up for it so on a road bike it makes no sense to me.
To me, off road is on a 300 lbs or less that has ground clearance and that you can blast in the trails and through the woods.
Putting along slightly above idle on dirt roads with those heavy pigs they call Adventure bikes is a joke...

But if you're mostly going for the look Sir, you have my respect for thinking outside the box and making the GRiSO your own.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:32 pm

If you are going down that road (not my cup of tea but everyone to their own) Then it needs to be more radical, looks too tame for the tyres at the moment.....just saying

One question

Do the tyres make LOTS of noise?
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:19 pm

There's a guy in France that went full blast with his GRiSO on he pulled it off rather well as far as looks...
I mean he raised it, put off road fenders, different tank, long forks etc...the whole deal.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:55 pm

Why?

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:05 pm

Echo: Why?

Guzzi make this great bike called Stelvio.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Earl of Portchester
Carlotto
Carlotto
Earl of Portchester

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:08 am

Grisonut wrote:
There's a guy in France that went full blast with his GRiSO on he pulled it off rather well as far as looks...
I mean he raised it, put off road fenders, different tank, long forks etc...the whole deal.

Any pics?
Back to top Go down
Earl of Portchester
Carlotto
Carlotto
Earl of Portchester

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:12 am

Street wrote:
Why?

I guess people like to be different, individual?

Take my GRiSO, I've bolted a full set of Givi hard boxes on. It sure ain't pretty and I could have just got rid of the GRiSO and bought a Norge. But I like my GRiSO and the modifications enable me to go away for a week with a pillion. Plus it annoys the shit out of the purists! Wink
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:34 am

Good for you Earl, Givi's have an alternate use, Photo by Mal.

Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:32 pm

tarsky68 wrote:
Couldn't agree with you more...it's completely a personal thing.  I think the next few things will be:

- rear fender elimination
- paint stock exhaust can black
- Rock cage over headlight and paint trim ring black
- bar end mirrors

decisions, decisions...

Everybody is free to let their own individual GRiSO freak flag fly!
I'm taking mine in a more conservative direction, but have found some leather bits you might want to take a look at. Check out the black ones...

I am interested in watching your machine take shape!
Be careful with painting the exhaust, the heat requires special paints and procedures, but you probably already know that.
And bar end mirrors would just give the zombies more handlebar to mindlessly grab at....
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:15 am

Earl of Portchester wrote:

I get that Earl, and have no objection whatsoever, but I still don't get this one. I wouldn't call myself a purist, but the GRiSO is so awesome for a particular riding style and doesn't seem very well suited to trail riding. Just my opinion, worth little, if anything. Go ahead and be different, in that I whole-heartedly support you! cheers

Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:56 am

Hi Tar
What sort of noise do these tyres emit when out on the highway ?
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Earl of Portchester
Carlotto
Carlotto
Earl of Portchester

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:36 am

Street wrote:

I get that Earl, and have no objection whatsoever, but I still don't get this one. I wouldn't call myself a purist, but the GRiSO is so awesome for a particular riding style and doesn't seem very well suited to trail riding. Just my opinion, worth little, if anything. Go ahead and be different, in that I whole-heartedly support you! cheers

I agree, I wouldn't want to take a GRiSO off road, I'd be frightened of dropping it and getting pinned underneith.  Several years later seach parties would find my skeleton pinned under an Italian motorcycle!  I can just see the documentory on the Discovery Channel now........

"Police Officer Troy McLure said "No sane man would have attempted to take a GRiSO this far off road. Forensic experts believe that Earl and his GRiSO were abducted by aliens and having been probed were dropped in the middle of nowhere!""

That being said there is someting I like about the look of knobbley tyres, must be something to do with spending my youth belting around waste ground on a little TS50! Thumbs Up

Last edited by Earl of Portchester on Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling mistakes..... again!)
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:06 pm

..."Police Officer Troy McLure said "No sane man would have attempted to take a GRiSO this far off road. Forensic experts believe that Earl and his GRiSO were abducted by aliens and having been probed were dropped in the middle of nowhere!""

That reminds me of another story that Steak and I were just reminiscing about last weekend. At the edge of Port Angeles, WA on the Olympic Peninsula, is a street called "Del Guzzi Road". A few years ago a group of us was on a day ride to Neah Bay and stopped in P.A. for gas. I asked the others if they'd noticed the sign for Del Guzzi Road. They hadn't and someone suggested we stop there on the way back and take a picture. So on we went to Neah Bay and returned a few hours later. As we passed through town with Steak in the lead and me following too closely behind, and with Karl and Brock (Landman) behind us, at each stoplight I'd lean over and ask Steve if he wanted to stop and take that picture of the Del Guzzi Road sign. He'd shrug his shoulders and mouth, "I can't hear you". The light would turn green and we'd race up to the next one and I'd ask him again. This went on for three or four consecutive lights with me increasing my volume each time we stopped until finally I gave up and figured we'd have to do it on another trip to the area. Next light, Del Guzzi Road. All of a sudden, Steak looks up and sees the sign and a light bulb goes on above his head! "Oh, now I know what you were trying to tell me!" He slammed on the brakes and I slammed on mine and fishtailed the bike to within a cunt hair of his rear tire. I could see the whites of his eyes in his rear-view mirror as he suddenly recognized the potentially disastrous results of this tragic last second decision and he let off the brake and hit the throttle hard just in time to keep me from running right up his back. Karl and Brock behind me were swerving and grabbing their brakes and luckily none of us went down. At that point I frantically waved my hand at Steve to keep going. We can take that picture another day.

Our hearts were pumping hard but eventually we all regained our equilibrium and continued on to the Hood Canal Bridge and the Bainbridge Island ferry where we finally dismounted and had a chance to talk about what could have happened. Finally relaxed, we laughed about the ironic headline in the next day's edition of the Peninsula Daily News, "Four Guzzi Pileup at Del Guzzi Road".

Still don't have a picture of that sign.

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:54 am

Street wrote:
..."Police Officer Troy McLure said "No sane man would have attempted to take a GRiSO this far off road. Forensic experts believe that Earl and his GRiSO were abducted by aliens and having been probed were dropped in the middle of nowhere!""

That reminds me of another story that Steak and I were just reminiscing about last weekend. At the edge of Port Angeles, WA on the Olympic Peninsula, is a street called "Del Guzzi Road". A few years ago a group of us was on a day ride to Neah Bay and stopped in P.A. for gas. I asked the others if they'd noticed the sign for Del Guzzi Road. They hadn't and someone suggested we stop there on the way back and take a picture. So on we went to Neah Bay and returned a few hours later. As we passed through town with Steak in the lead and me following too closely behind, and with Karl and Brock (Landman) behind us, at each stoplight I'd lean over and ask Steve if he wanted to stop and take that picture of the Del Guzzi Road sign. He'd shrug his shoulders and mouth, "I can't hear you". The light would turn green and we'd race up to the next one and I'd ask him again. This went on for three or four consecutive lights with me increasing my volume each time we stopped until finally I gave up and figured we'd have to do it on another trip to the area. Next light, Del Guzzi Road. All of a sudden, Steak looks up and sees the sign and a light bulb goes on above his head! "Oh, now I know what you were trying to tell me!" He slammed on the brakes and I slammed on mine and fishtailed the bike to within a cunt hair of his rear tire. I could see the whites of his eyes in his rear-view mirror as he suddenly recognized the potentially disastrous results of this tragic last second decision and he let off the brake and hit the throttle hard just in time to keep me from running right up his back. Karl and Brock behind me were swerving and grabbing their brakes and luckily none of us went down. At that point I frantically waved my hand at Steve to keep going. We can take that picture another day.

Our hearts were pumping hard but eventually we all regained our equilibrium and continued on to the Hood Canal Bridge and the Bainbridge Island ferry where we finally dismounted and had a chance to talk about what could have happened. Finally relaxed, we laughed about the ironic headline in the next day's edition of the Peninsula Daily News, "Four Guzzi Pileup at Del Guzzi Road".

Still don't have a picture of that sign.

I remember that day...

Very Happy Embarassed

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:51 am

Any progress on the zombie runner?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style   Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Zombie Runner - Mad Max Style
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next