GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

o woe is me

Go down 
+7
keenerkeen07
LBC Tenni
Blue
wardentm
Pete Roper
pjm
11 posters
AuthorMessage
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:47 pm

hi all,just got my bike back from a service to be told my cams have lunched themselves(30000m).this is the third time and am now waiting to see if the claim will be accepted.Now I don't no wether to breath fire,rant and rave or sit in a darkened room for a day or two.the cams were replaced at the last service(6000m ago) and it has put me in a dilemma.i love my GRiSO its a brilliant bike and I can put up with with all sorts of probs,but not at any cost.i know I am being premature and should wait until I know the outcome of the claim(if successful all will be well).if not ,what to do,keep it,sell it.arggghhhh,i suppose I am just getting it off my chest,but what would you do(just interested)sorry for the moan(I feel a bit better now)ill keep you posted,im off down the pub,cheers pat
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:36 pm

You could almost call this the 'English Disease'. At least this time it'll get roller used. Make sure the sump is dropped and its cleaned out properly.

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:23 pm

Boy, I feel for you.
How could this happen ?
Engines have been manufactured for a hundred years.
I scratch my head also.
Why some and not others ?, is it as Pete alludes, a climatic thing, a use thing, short runs only ? Water in the air ? Does this occur out in the deserts ?
These bikes are not cheap, so it would be fair to think that the design is good, the manufacture is good, so, what is wrong.
A consumer should not have to go thru this.
How important is correct lubrication ? Is the oil used in these engines been sub standard ?
If I was in this situation what would I do ? I think I would get out, one can only throw so much money at an issue like this.
Would I then get another one?, boy, confidence ? Good money after bad ? So many others with no issue.
I am sorry for you, we feel your pain.
Ciao
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:28 pm

I'm confident I know why it happens and it's not entirely the factory's fault but the top end seems to have been made impregnable with the adoption of rollers.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:52 pm

I 2nd Wardentm thoughts and agree with your feeling about the outlaying of cash on this bike to keep it on the road. Hate to hear about owners getting to the point where they feel they need to consider letting go of the GRiSO due to this problem. Thankfully, as far as I know, it's not that often despite the issue being reported from time to time. No worries about your post...most would be quite irritated by now.

I hope Guzzi covers the parts for you and that the new roller design can be installed!

3rd times a charm (hopefully). Hope it gets resolved positively and to your satisfaction so you can continue enjoying it!

Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:32 am

I agree with the others comments and think that even though you said you were ranting, you have been really balanced. Hope the pub was good!!!

I hope it all goes through on warranty for you.

All the best,
Blue.
Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:51 am

Sorry for your suffering PJM. Why didn't they replace with the roller kit the last time? Only 6k miles ago, surely the roller kit was around by that time. scratch
Back to top Go down
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:06 am

thanks all,calmed down now.im not sure why the rollers were not fitted.it was just over a year ago and I think it must have been the b kit (not absolutely sure)that was fitted,it looked different to the original.which ever way it goes it will have to be done otherwise its just a pile of scrap.ive been told to off load it to a dealer but the problem will still be someone elses as it would probably last longer than three months(the bike stilll runs fine but has run out of tappet adjustment),I couldn't do that to someone,anyway Im not going to use it until its fixed.the thing is once its fixed ill be in love with it again,but its turning me into a babbling neurotic,right im off to santa pod for the weekend,thanks again and ill speak to you soon.pat
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:30 am

Good on you pjm ...although the fix seems to be the roller kit , pre that the attempts were more of a compromise than anything else .
I  wonder why the rollers were not the immediate solution in the first place ?
Back to top Go down
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:34 am

well finally got my GRiSO back after being rollerised.the reason for the delay was piaggio kept sending wrong parts.whatever.ive got it back and I'm a happy bunny.after riding the pan European it felt like riding a 125.the cost of the kit c was£982.46,spark plug pipe £5.58,r/h rocker cover £118.46.l/h rocker cover £118.46.glad it was covered by piaggio,labour was 6hrs at £45(£270) which I thought very reasonable.all this plus vat.only rode it back from shop but didn't notice any difference(didn't expect to).cant wait for some nice days yehaaaa.cheers all,pjm
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:13 pm

That's good news Sir. Thumbs Up
6 hours seems very, very reasonable to me.
Don't let the weather hold you down...as long as it's not icy in your area, just go for a spin. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Two Shoes
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Guzzi Two Shoes

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:07 am

That's great news pjm. I imagine your Pan handles like an Aircraft Carrier compared to the GRiSO.
Out of interest, which dealer did you taker her to?
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:27 am

There are a lot more clued up people on here than me, but for anyone running a pre roller top end (8v) in temperate climes, an adjustable blanking plate over the oil cooler is a must, apart from oil considerations and thermo dipstick.
Back to top Go down
pjm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
pjm

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:03 pm

hi guzzi two shoes,aircraft carrier is about right(still not a bad bike,just different).I took it to forza italia at Silverstone where I bought it from.i would recommend them to anyone as they have always been helpful and seem to no what there talking about,hopefully I can ride it without thoughts of detonating engines anymore as its a really great bike,cheers pat
Back to top Go down
CBH
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
CBH

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:07 pm

Agree with you about Forza Italia PJM.
Friendly service and I recommend them to everyone who has or wants an Italian bike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

o woe is me Empty
PostSubject: Re: o woe is me   o woe is me Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

o woe is me
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Inspiration-
Jump to: