GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Data logging

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:54 am

I want to match my map to my bike ,especially delta fuel. I have the two Lonelec cables, the blue tooth dongle and a fucken steep learning curve. Which of the Innovate devices should I get. I hope to be able to use this gear on my wifes V7 Stone when Guzzidiag cracks that ECU. I had asked beetle about this before and cant remember his response... Sorry. Does anybody do this as a service? Thanx for your help and patience.
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:51 am

Beetle is your man
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 12:14 pm

Given that you want to log the GRiSO and the V7, I would spend the $ and get the LM-2 dual channel. You can log both jugs simultaneously and its self contained. No dongle or extra hardware required.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Beetle, I thank you. Does the LM2 plug in to the Fiat 3 to 16 pin lead?.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:35 pm

No. For your application you have the two O2 sensors (obviously), and the TPS and Ignition coil connected to the analog inputs. This would allow you to log AFR, Throttle and RPM. That all you need.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:58 pm

Do I have to cut into coil and tps wires or is there some sort of fancy connecter?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:34 pm

Unfortunately you'll need to tap into the wiring. You could use those posi-tap things or similar, since it's not going to be permanent.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Charlie, Did you manage to get this set up and working Charlie ?

Beetle , I'm keen to check out the GRiSO verde's mapping, It runs fine from idle thru the whole rpm range, but seems to run out of puff at the top end. I have an LM-2, Any good ?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:06 pm

When is it running out of puff? Certainly there is a point sometime after 8000 where you can feel the torque begin to drop off. My guess is that this is in large part due to the charge transition issue becoming critical with the very high gas velocities at these sort of engine speeds destroying the VE. It'll be very hard to combat that without making big sacrifices elsewhere. Not necessarily impossible but very difficult. There may also be valve float issues once you get up there.

Another thing that I'd worry about a bit is oil pump cavitation and consequent starving of the bottom end. Even if the pump still functions fine it should be remembered that the 1200's crank design only has one feed hole to each of the big ends as opposed to the earlier engine's two.

Given other changes within the engine it's hard to judge how close the 8V is running to criticality in terms of boundary lubrication. My concerns may be totally unfounded mind, but I feel they are worth airing. If you want more top end I'd suggest scouring the bay of fleas for a Sport 12008V gearbox. These have a slightly higher primary ratio.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:40 am

FFS Pete, it's a track bike! Killjoy! Very Happy Razz Laughing

Ron, exactly when does it run out of puff? In 4th, mine is still accelerating when I hit 9000. I've not tried in 5th (or 6th) because I've hit 200 in 4th, and well..

Also, the map tables only go to 8500 RPM and 95% throttle.

You've got an LM-2? I hope yours works. Mine was a useless piece of shite that I wanted to set on fire. Or hit with a hammer. Or hit with a hammer and set on fire.

cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:52 am

Thanks Pete,
Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  All duly noted. One of the problems I'm having is that this bike is just so much fun to ride now that the suspension isn't the limiting factor Smile
I am aware of what will happen if the oil pump cavitates, But I'm prepared to cross that bridge if it happens.
I'm presently running Beetles Roller / Hi Mistral/ No Dbk map and all is good throughout the full range, and I have noticed an improvement in power at the top end by going to +3 on the Co adjustment, Plugs are still very clean. I might go a bit Higher and see if I get a further improvement.
As the bottom of the map is fine, I guess I could select all above the 5000 rpm range and richen up just this area.
I'm only seeing around 200 max on the longest straights, so it would be beneficial to have lower gearing , Yes ? Is this Possible ?
Any Thoughts

Beetle, It was getting very weak at around 7500 but improved a shit load by going +3 on the Co, now seems to weaken around the 8500 mark. ( Still a bitch to get started on a cold morning, I might buy a hair dryer to warm her up Laughing Ā )

Last edited by waterbottle on Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:21 am

waterbottle wrote:

Beetle, It was getting very weak at around 7500 but improved a shit load by going +3 on the Co, now seems to weaken around the 8500 mark. ( Still a bitch to get started on a cold morning, I might by a hair dryer to warm her up Laughing Ā )
Ā 

Your running the 137C map, right? What gear are you in? Let me make some tweaks.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:25 am

What gear am I In ? FIIK, I'm to busy hanging on for grim death to think about that Laughing
probably 3rd and 4th would be the highest gears I see, maybe 5th on a good day
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:30 am

If I'm seeing 200 at 9000 in 4th, you ain't gonna see any more unless you change the gearing. Buy a 1200 Sport gearbox.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:44 am

Some closer ratios would be niceĀ Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:22 am

beetle wrote:
FFS Pete, it's a track bike! Killjoy! Very Happy Razz Laughing

Ron, exactly when does it run out of puff? In 4th, mine is still accelerating when I hit 9000. I've not tried in 5th (or 6th) because I've hit 200 in 4th, and well..

Also, the map tables only go to 8500 RPM and 95% throttle.

You've got an LM-2? I hope yours works. Mine was a useless piece of shite that I wanted to set on fire. Or hit with a hammer. Or hit with a hammer and set on fire.

cheers

Very Happy Not trying to be a killjoy. The laws of physics are a bastard sometimes though jocolor

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:38 am

Pete Roper wrote:

The laws of physics are a bastard sometimes though jocolor

They're the only laws I usually try to obey. cheers

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:56 am

beetle wrote:
Pete Roper wrote:

The laws of physics are a bastard sometimes though jocolor

They're the only laws I usually try to obey. cheers

You're not trying hard enough, you keep falling off! Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:41 am

I did say try.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:39 am

Pete Roper wrote:

Very Happy Not trying to be a killjoy. The laws of physics are a bastard sometimes though jocolor

Pete

Ya Canna change the laws of physics captain Razz
Yeah Pete, I know, It just shits me to tears that I'm on a bike I love dearly, that will go around BMW's in the corners only to have them go past me on the straights. Evil or Very Mad fucking BMW's
I know it will never be an aprillia tuono or a yamaha R1, but I have the ambition to make it the fastest GRiSO on the planet, If I can. Wink
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:54 am

A fine and worthy ambition!
Back to top Go down

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:56 am

I can lend you some wheels
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Data logging Empty
PostSubject: Re: Data logging   Data logging Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Data logging
Page 1 of 1