GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
frizzit
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
frizzit

Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation Empty
PostSubject: Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation   Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:41 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Has anyone ever used one of these? I'm thinking of buying one to increase the accuracy of the AFR readings while leaving the O2 sensor in the loop through emulation. Though it's half the price of a dyno tune down the street from me. I actually found a place very close to me that offers dyno tuning maps starting at $300 ($395 for the GTRx tuned ECU). It can be fed into the spare O2 sensor lines of the 5AM, but I need to check the specs to know if it is 0-5V tolerant or just another narrow band 0-1V input. Though it is less expensive than adding a Innovative motorsports wideband sensor controller. Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation   Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:46 pm

I can't help with the Spartan (though I've been looking at the SLC eval kit as a possible cheap wideband unit for forum members). Their gear looks like it might suit the DIY tuner well.

I don't quite follow what you plan to do. Do you want to keep the stock sensor connected and use the Spartan (or similar) with the second lambda input? Why?

The lambda inputs in the 5AM will accept a 0-5 volt signal. They are not narrowband limited. However, I expect you'll find the single lambda OS does not activate the second lambda input.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
frizzit
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
frizzit

PostSubject: Re: Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation   Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 28, 2015 12:09 pm

The device has a emulated output to replace the narrow band sensor. The wide band is mathed to narrow band and also has a 0-5V 10-20 AFR output. I haven't opened the map in tuner pro yet to know if the Lambda's are on or off yet, but this would be an option to leave the wide band sensor in even with a stock map. I have read that it is possible to record the second sensor through the ECU, but that requires hooking the output up to the ECU and turning it on in Tuner Pro.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation   Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:07 am

frizzit wrote:
The device has a emulated output to replace the narrow band sensor.  The wide band is mathed to narrow band and also has a 0-5V 10-20 AFR output.  I haven't opened the map in tuner pro yet to know if the Lambda's are on or off yet, but this would be an option to leave the wide band sensor in even with a stock map.

I can say with 100% certainty that this will work. I am running an LC-2 in this configuration, using the simulated narrowband output to trim via wideband sensor. You will need a dummy load across the ECU heater circuit, otherwise it will throw an error. The ECU uses current sensing to monitor the stock O2 sensor. See this thread: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
 I have read that it is possible to record the second sensor through the ECU, but that requires hooking the output up to the ECU and turning it on in Tuner Pro.

Again, I'm certain this won't work with a the 5AM running the single lambda firmware. The firmware isn't configured for the 2nd lambda. You can only modify the code in the flash memory with TunerPro. I would like to be proven wrong though.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation   Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:16 am

Tell me who writes this nonsense. If you want two lambdas, then the two lambda ecu map is needed, and the lambdas should be left and right mounted, and give similar signal. Not one stock and one wideband.
And it needs changing connections to the ecu in the connector.

But for almost everyone here, this is much to complicated to make it successfull.

This is also funny:
Quote :
$300 ($395 for the GTRx tuned ECU)

Hardware isn't changed with gtrx, it's just another map, like we do. So why charge more?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation   Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Wideband o2 With Narrowband Emulation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSOLOGY-
Jump to: