GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New to the GRiSO

Go down 
+17
DungeonMaster
Street
Blue
sidrat
wardentm
beetle
keenerkeen07
Laker
Pete Roper
Bill Hagan
Daves-i-Know
bioman
tocino
Grisonut
cbxtc6
all tenni
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
all tenni
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
all tenni

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:17 pm

Hello all. Brand new to the forum, just bought my first GRiSO, 2012 in Tenni green. Only been on it twice. Loving the grumpy bearness of it but it'll take a bit to transition from the knife through butter ride of my BMW 1200R. Stoked tho

The guy I got it from put on a belly pan. These are not available anywhere for the Tenni GRiSO. I'm not sure if I love it or hate it. It's easy to take off, but what do y'all think

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
cbxtc6
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
cbxtc6

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:52 pm

Welcome! Lovely bike - I like the belly pan, but also think it does take away some from the engine. scratch
My favorite color! Laughing

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:58 pm

The belly pan is ok, it just need some flat black theme on it to make it less "in your face" kinda thing.
Sometimes the optical effect is all you need...
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:09 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:12 pm

Beautiful bike!! Congratulations! I like the belly pan, although it does make the bike less "naked".
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Welcome, all tenni! Since I own the same bike in that same year, I can honestly say you made a wise choice!
I actually went to my bike shop looking at buying the BMW 1200R, but when I walked around the showroom I saw a vision in green, and that was that.
Looks like the previous owner added (subtracted) a few things to yours. Looks good. I'm not
a belly pan fan, but if I already had one Id just paint it flat black, like Grisonut suggested.
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Welcome.  A great GRiSO.

Not "offended" by the belly pan, and looks well done -- tho I concur with the "needs some black" comments -- but am compelled to wonder and thus ask: What does a belly pan do to earn its pay?  

I tend to think that the Italians are not perfect, but are very good at design.  They didn't include one, so ... well, IMO, there we are.   Wink

Bottom line is keep it if you like it or toss it if you don't.  Opinions are nice, but it's yours and that's where it ends.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:31 pm

I think the pan was a Stucchi accessory. Dunno if they are still available.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Laker
Biondino
Biondino
Laker

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:38 pm

Welcome and congrats on a great bike! Since you asked, I'm not a fan of the belly pan. The Ghetto is a great place so stick around.
Back to top Go down
keenerkeen07
Nibbio
Nibbio
keenerkeen07

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:12 pm

belly pan smelly pan Wink  i like it and the rest of your bike too...IMO  all Grisos are the best looking motorcycles out there...ride it without for a while and slap it on when you feel up for a change nice to have in any case ..

Welcome this is a great site
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:18 pm

I usually hate belly-pans, but that one looks alright to me. I'm not a fan of the Tenni green anyhow, so the colour on the pan looks OK to me.

As far as usefulness, it may aid in keeping water off the sump, which is a Good Thing. May help to keep the oils temp nice and hot.

Welcome

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:23 pm

Welcome all tenni,

Own one of those myself and have been tempted in the past to purchase that belly pan for it. I have always had mixed feelings about it though. It does change the character of the bike a bit as bioman mentioned. Perhaps consider leaving it on for a while until you get used to it and then take it off and see how you feel. If I had it, I'd consider painting it flat black too but probably with water soluble paint so I could get the green paint back if I didn't like it. Wink

Enjoy the site and bike!

Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 20, 2015 10:54 pm

G'day AT
Welcome from us all down under in Tasmania, nice bike.
Belly pan, not my sort of thing but whatever floats your boat.
If you like it who gives a shit what others think.
Enjoy and stay safe.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:11 am

I am with the belly pan brigade, its looks good in green, not sure in black as it would blend in with the engine colour, but the green frames it well.

oh and welcome
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:06 am

I like the Tenni............I wonder why?

I like the pan it balances the look of the top and the bottom of the bike - Think the Green is just fine as it is. Cool

Enjoy the GRiSO [ you will ] & enjoy the forum. Funny lot on here really - I reckon its a GRiSO cocktail - some are smooth, some are colourful, some are gritty, some are arty, and some will give you a kick up the A@se in helpful way.

Knowledge on here is second to none.

All the best,
Blue.
Back to top Go down
all tenni
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
all tenni

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:11 am

bioman wrote:
Beautiful bike!!  Congratulations!  I like the belly pan, although it does make the bike less "naked".

I agree. I'm kind of a naked guy myself ( sorry for the visual )
Back to top Go down
all tenni
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
all tenni

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 4:18 am

Thanks for all your input. I'm going to leave it on for a while then take it off and see what I think. This is definitely a first world problem Smile

Pete, it is a Stucchi accessory and no you can't get them any more. Unobtanium.
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:52 am

sidrat wrote:
I am with the belly pan brigade, its looks good in green, not sure in black as it would blend in with the engine colour, but the green frames it well.

+1
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:12 pm

Belly pans are functional, especially with the stock front fender.\
Without an extension to said fender, your front sump gets sand blasted. Simple as that.
So all tenni, leave it on, it has its function believe me.
I use a modified V7 one on my bike and it works perfectly.

I'm the one that brought up the black accent to your pan but I didn't mean to paint the whole thing black because it wouldn't be much of an accent then. lol
Try to do some graphics with black electrical tape and see if you like it with less green and go from there, or leave it alone, still looks good no matter what.Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 3:55 pm

As they say, "Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one". And since all the other assholes are weighing in, I might as well jump on board too. I love the Tenni, but the belly pan doesn't improve it at all in my opinion. I prefer the bike without it.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:45 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:40 am

Welcome!!
Belly pan eh??
Now there is another goodie for me to get.
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Street wrote:
As they say, "Opinions are like assholes, everybody's got one". And since all the other assholes are weighing in, I might as well jump on board too. I love the Tenni, but the belly pan doesn't improve it at all in my opinion. I prefer the bike without it.

I get that and I always say that if I want to hear from an asshole, I'll just fart mmkay?
But in the context we're in here, I'll take that pan any day of the week over most screens (and especially large screen/fairing screen) ever posted on these boards. Wink
Talk about fucking up a GRiSO's looks...
Back to top Go down
WAKEY
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
WAKEY

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:05 pm

Yeah keep it mate. looks good.

Wakey.
Back to top Go down
http://sw57@bigpond.com
GUZ21
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
GUZ21

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:13 pm

Welcome.

But are you sure its a belly pan? Looks more like a hernia.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New to the GRiSO Empty
PostSubject: Re: New to the GRiSO   New to the GRiSO Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New to the GRiSO
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next