GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Another Noob from Orlando ...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
jeremyb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
jeremyb

Another Noob from Orlando ... Empty
PostSubject: Another Noob from Orlando ...   Another Noob from Orlando ... Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:24 pm

Hello - another Guzzi Noob here.
I've spend '20 year abaft the Blue and White Roundel', then a few years on Ducati's, before getting my first Guzzi. A 2008 GRiSO 1100.
I'm kinda hoping it combines the ruggedness of the BMW with the flair of a Ducati. And not the other way around !!!

(that's loosely attributed to George Bernard Shaw, who was accosted by an Actress. She declared "we should have a child: with my looks and your brains, it would be well gifted".
His response: " Yes Madam, but what if the poor creature should get my looks, and your brains ?".

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Another Noob from Orlando ...   Another Noob from Orlando ... Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:52 pm

Welcome to the ghetto JB.

The GRiSO could disappoint you, or thrill you. It's not for everyone, but maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Another Noob from Orlando ...   Another Noob from Orlando ... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:34 am

From Orlando eh?
Is yours red?
A friend of mine keep seeing a red one in the Maitland/Winter Park area...
There's a ride next Saturday with some friends of mine, care to join us?
Anyway, welcome to the Nut House.
Back to top Go down
jeremyb
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
jeremyb

PostSubject: Re: Another Noob from Orlando ...   Another Noob from Orlando ... Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:03 pm

Grisonut wrote:
From Orlando eh?
Is yours red?
A friend of mine keep seeing a red one in the Maitland/Winter Park area...
Yes, its Red (as all Italian bikes and cars should be !).
That wasn't mine tho: I bought it just before Xmas from a guy in Tampa.

Grisonut wrote:

There's a ride next Saturday with some friends of mine, care to join us?
Anyway, welcome to the Nut House.
Thanks for the invite but (and this is going to sound really anti-social - I'm not really) - I prefer to ride alone !
It's just my preference - I find that other riders are faster or slower than me (usually faster !) and I spend too much attention span watching them,
managing separation, catching up etc. It just doesn't feel safe or right for me. Been like this for 30yrs now !

But, really, thanks for the warm welcome.

Jeremy
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Another Noob from Orlando ...   Another Noob from Orlando ... Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:23 am

No hurt Jeremy, I completely understand as I prefer to not ride with people I don't know.
In my case, when I ride with friends, it is 4 bikes or less and with people that have at least the same skills I do or better.
The good thing about them is that they've been riding for 40 years or so (I'm the youngest) and also that they know every little County roads in the State and which ones have twisties.
When we go, it's an all day affair with 400 miles average.

Now when I go to the Mountains, I'm a loner and like to be by myself.

Every Thursday nite though, we meet at Sonic on 436 and 408 and socialize, catch up on news etc...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another Noob from Orlando ...   Another Noob from Orlando ... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Another Noob from Orlando ...
Page 1 of 1