GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oxygen sensor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
handyandy
Carlotto
Carlotto
handyandy

Oxygen sensor Empty
PostSubject: Oxygen sensor   Oxygen sensor Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:35 am

Turns out my exhaust mid section has a crack in it  Sad  Obviously it has gotta come off to get welded, which looks straight forward enough, however I have never owned anything modern enough to have an oxygen sensor fitted. Clearly the sensor will have to be disconnected to facilitate removal, is it a case of just undoing the sensor with a spanner and leaving the wires attached, 'cos I can't see a way to disconnect them, or is it more complicated than that?  Its an '06 G1100  btw
Thanks in advance.....
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
svru
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
svru

Oxygen sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxygen sensor   Oxygen sensor Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:29 am

I found the connector behind the starter motor. Don't think the leads will survive too much twisting.
Back to top Go down
handyandy
Carlotto
Carlotto
handyandy

Oxygen sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxygen sensor   Oxygen sensor Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:37 am

svru wrote:
Don't think the leads will survive too much twisting.

Yeah, they're a bit exposed down there, I'll have the starter cover off and see what I can find......thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Oxygen sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxygen sensor   Oxygen sensor Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:16 pm

Disconnect battery first, then remove starter cover, disconnect trigger wire from solenoid and large power cable then remove starter. This allows you access to the connector for the O2 sensor.

To get the pipe mid section out its usually easier to drop off first the can and then the headers then you can just in-bolt the centre section and it will drop off.

Pete
Back to top Go down
handyandy
Carlotto
Carlotto
handyandy

Oxygen sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxygen sensor   Oxygen sensor Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:15 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Disconnect battery first, then remove starter cover, disconnect trigger wire from solenoid and large power cable then remove starter. This allows you access to the connector for the O2 sensor.

To get the pipe mid section out its usually easier to drop off first the can and then the headers then you can just in-bolt the centre section and it will drop off.

Pete

Great! Thanks Pete, I'll get on it tomorrow...... Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oxygen sensor Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oxygen sensor   Oxygen sensor Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Oxygen sensor
Page 1 of 1