GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Dun gotten me self anudder wun!

Go down 
+10
WCB
Steak
Guzzi Cat
Daves-i-Know
sidrat
tocino
Blue
Ralf z
wardentm
Pete Roper
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Empty
PostSubject: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:12 pm

Bid on a crashed 07/2012 Black Devil in a Queensland Auction. No headlight or dash and a stat write off, I assume because of cosmetic damage. $2,150 which I thought very good.

Hopefully it will have a roller top end and if it does I'll just slip the whole motive package into the green bike so I can go through my engine at my leisure. It'll even have the easy-pull clutch for my poor, feeble, arthritic hands! Bonus!

cheers

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:22 pm

Good one Pete, if the engine/box is ok you have to be a winner.
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:48 pm

That's the plan. From the pics it looks like it has been stuffed into the tray of a truck or some such as the major damage seems to be dash and headlight. Even the bodywork looks OK so I may be able to get myself a really vulgar paint job done. I'm thinking giraffe skin pattern maybe?

Pete
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:00 am

Great buy Pete.
Great to have a spare complete motor sitting there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:33 am

Hey Pete, you'll be able to get yourself two personalized number plates.
CRA55 & VOL64
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:38 am

Good deal. Would say i am looking forward to the Giraffe print colour scheme [ but i ain't !] geek
Back to top Go down
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:56 am

Wow - good price. If you go for a "big game" paint scheme beware of dentists from the States!
Back to top Go down
sidrat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
sidrat

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:12 pm

Sounds like a good deal, you could certainly customise it without feeling guilty!
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:46 pm

Stat write-off can't be re-registered unfortunately, at least not in my jurisdiction. Pity, but there you go. There's plenty on it that looks salvageable though, I should be able to recoup most of the cost of purchase easily enough.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:12 pm

Good luck with your new machine, Pete, I'm sure you'll be able get it fit again.
BTW- I keep on hearing little whispers and sly comments about the colour of your GRiSO,
yet despite exhaustive research on the Ghetto I can find no pics of it. What's the deal?
Have they been banned as being offensive?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I like colourful.

Couple of pics of the wreck.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Guzzi Cat
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Guzzi Cat

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:41 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Bid on a crashed 07/2012 Black Devil in a Queensland Auction. No headlight or dash and a stat write off, I assume because of cosmetic damage. $2,150 which I thought very good.

Hopefully it will have a roller top end and if it does I'll just slip the whole motive package into the green bike so I can go through my engine at my leisure. It'll even have the easy-pull clutch for my poor, feeble, arthritic hands! Bonus!

cheers

Pete

Nice one Pete, I hope she has the rollers as I thought they were MY 2013. Either way seems like a good buy and I hear ya about the light clutch pull!!
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:46 pm

Nice grab Roper! I wonder if the PO was a member here in the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].

For a point of reference, I purchased my 2012 in early October and it was one of the first 100 or so rollers as I recall. Though I don't know off-hand what the born-on date was.

Hopefully, you got lucky in that regard as it's likely right on the cusp either way...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:00 pm

It's no big deal either way, I have a roller kit and swapping the camboxes is no effort. It would be nice if its a roller engine though.

As far as I'm concerned though my overriding issue is how noisy my A5 motor remains, even after rollerisation. Whether the big ends have ovalised, (Which I suspect.) or it's just a bit of cam chain rattle and tensioner blade noise I really have no idea but the only way to find out is to go in and rip everything apart for a good measure and poke. Having another motive unit on hand means I can just swap the whole wretched lot and perform that surgery at my leisure.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 09, 2015 11:20 pm

Wayne picked my wrecked bike up and whipped the rocker cover off one side for me.

WINNER! WINNER! CHICKEN DINNER!

:boozing:

Pete
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:13 am

Good one Pete, sometimes a little ray of sunshine hits us in the mush !
You just got one
Congrats
Caoi
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:00 am

Woo hoo...
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 9:42 am

If you ever come across a new wrecked Stelvio, I would be very interested in the fuel tank.....

Just sayin'.

:p
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:10 pm

Good deal, Pete! Now you have no need for Pinko, which has not, and probably never will resurface.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:22 pm

Yeah, pity about Pinko. Never mind. I hope that whoever uses its engine has the tappets shit themselves lavishly and suddenly, preferably in Death Valley in August! Very Happy

Pete
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:17 pm

Right on! Unfortunately I suspect it was scrapped. BTW, Jen got her Mazda RX7 back yesterday, missing both front quarter panels and other bits. What a shame. The fucking scrappers around here are ruthless!

“Danger + Survival = Fun.” - Neil Peart

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:28 pm

You started calling it Pinko because the Russian scrap mob stole it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:37 pm

Pete, now that I've had a tappet cover off an 8V, it would be a piece of piss to make head protectors.
Obviously in a really big hit everything would still get destroyed, but ........

1. A tube spacer in the 'O' ring and large flat washer then either;

a. Billet curved plate - that bolted down with longer button head bolts or,
b. Rolled 8mm alloy plate or,
c. Carbon cover moulded to all contours.

Back to top Go down
pokeyjoe
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
pokeyjoe

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:54 pm

Lucky...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:13 pm

Very. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dun gotten me self anudder wun!   Dun gotten me self anudder wun! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dun gotten me self anudder wun!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: