GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

right cyclinder noise

Go down 
+4
beetle
WCB
Pete Roper
Grade247
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

right cyclinder noise - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: right cyclinder noise   right cyclinder noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:57 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

this is a more up to date audio clip. intro is the right then left side. it might be hard to hear but the RIGHT side at that time was VERY clicky over a slight tapping. I got the crazy irriitating sound again but much less scary today but only showed AFTER i left the ford dealer when it was warmer out. had to REALLY get the engine good and hot. I had seacoast check the plugs and couldn't see any indication of a bad plug cap or arcing. I myself havnt done a recheck on the valves since seacoast did yesterday when the bike was ice cold. Seacoast didnt have the proper NGK caps so didnt get any sadly.
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: right cyclinder noise   right cyclinder noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:49 pm

FYI, after Seacoast did the roller upgrade on my Stelvio they set the intakes at .2 mm and didn't balance the throttle bodies, or reset the TPS ( even though the tech bulletin clearly says it's part of the upgrade), so I wouldn't necessarily trust anything they say as fact.
Back to top Go down
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: right cyclinder noise   right cyclinder noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:02 pm

Ugh that is very annoying to hear. Ill have to recheck everything on that bombshell
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: right cyclinder noise   right cyclinder noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:15 pm

I was wondering if it might be the same shop that you'd had issues with Doug. Bummer.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: right cyclinder noise   right cyclinder noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2015 7:02 pm

Pretty sure that's what mine sounded like but maybe a bit more pronounced and rhythmic on the clacking /knocking. Perhaps because I was putting it under more load while riding? Video cam audio always sounds a slight bit different as well.
Back to top Go down
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: right cyclinder noise   right cyclinder noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:34 am

Ill have to link up with doug soon. Would be nice to have someone with more in tune ears to hear the issue.
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: right cyclinder noise   right cyclinder noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:53 am

I'll be around this weekend. I have the Distinguished Gentleman's Ride on Sunday, but available all day Saturday.

I think I'm actually going to reset the Stelvio's valves to the now preferred 4&6.Currently they're running at 6&8.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: right cyclinder noise   right cyclinder noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 21, 2015 4:49 am

My and Mark S's findings are that the roller system opens up the gaps vastly in service compared to the flat tappet top end. That being the case 4&6 are far more sensible. Before I decided that my motor is fucked and needs a top to tail going through I tried everything from 2&4 through to 6&8 and you know what? No issues with valve seating or tappet problems at all.

Pete
Back to top Go down
MKGuzzi
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
MKGuzzi

PostSubject: Re: right cyclinder noise   right cyclinder noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:52 am

Hi i have this Noise when the Engine is cold for 3-5 Minuten - the Noise Seems to come from the right cylinder. After investigations it is quite sure it is Coming from the right Side of the gear going into the cylinder - gear is ok . The Dealer did not Dare to dismount it - she is quite new 3000 km only. ...
Manfred
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: right cyclinder noise   right cyclinder noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:03 pm

What do you mean the dealer 'Didn't dare dismount it'? Does he think there's a problem? If so its his job fer crying out loud! The worrying thing is if he's scared of removing a cambox chances are the noise is down to him having fucked something else up! God's teeth! They may have a few odd little idiocyncracies but they are one of the simplest engines in the world to work on!

Find another shop! Fast!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: right cyclinder noise   right cyclinder noise - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

right cyclinder noise
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2