GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

5 1/2 hours in 52 degrees

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Birch
Grignapoco
Grignapoco

5 1/2 hours in 52 degrees Empty
PostSubject: 5 1/2 hours in 52 degrees   5 1/2 hours in 52 degrees Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:42 pm

Anyone here have some cold weather tips for riding the GRiSO in less than ideal circumstances?

I'll say it wasn't bad. I have the small flyscreen (that covers the cluster), but that was about it.

Anyone put on a larger screen for the less than ideal days? Or some Barkbuster's to get the hands out of the wind? Or heated grips?

I'm trying to tell myself I don't need a full on tourer for stuff like this...

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
http://jasonedwardphoto.com
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: 5 1/2 hours in 52 degrees   5 1/2 hours in 52 degrees Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:06 pm

This subject has been discussed elsewhere in the Ghetto on several occasions, but here's my two cents. Of course it gets pretty frigid in Chicago so your riding season does come to an end, but here in the Northwest, we ride year-round, even in below-freezing temps some times. I have all my bikes outfitted with KOSO heated grips and GERBING connectors for heated gloves and jacket liner. And I'm experimenting more this winter with THERMACELL battery-powered heated insoles. I don't believe in being cold and miserable. I'm too old for that shit and it elevates the risk level. Stay warm and be safe.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: 5 1/2 hours in 52 degrees   5 1/2 hours in 52 degrees Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:21 pm

52 degrees? No need for heated gears yet in my book.
Thick warm jacket and quality gloves is all you need at those temps...
Once you're in the 40s, it's hard to find non heated gloves that will keep your fingers warm as it's the first part of the body that gets cold.
As for jacket, I picked up a thick winter Guzzi one made by DAINESE (D-tech engineered) that was on clearance at my dealer and this thing keeps me warm in the 20s temps with only Tshirt and sweather underneath. I love this thing, it's also waterproof.
Have waterproof Sidi boots that keep my feet warm at those temps as well...
It's just the gloves, they have to be the heated kinds in that case, simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 1/2 hours in 52 degrees   5 1/2 hours in 52 degrees Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

5 1/2 hours in 52 degrees
Page 1 of 1