GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Riding in the heat...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

Riding in the heat... Empty
PostSubject: Riding in the heat...   Riding in the heat... Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:59 pm

Its been miserable here for the last few days, yesterday it was 43*C in the shade in the Main Street of Bungendore but I wanted to go for a ride if only to see how the latest map behaved in the heat.

The answer is 'Impeccably'! In these sorts of conditions when I was running the 68S map it would start running raggedly if you got stuck in traffic for any time at all and the oil temperature would soar in slow moving stuff. Yesterday it kept idling cleanly, pulled *Normally*, (OK it was a bit down on power at larger throttle openings but that is hardly surprising.) and the oil temp hovered around the 120*C mark the whole time. This was in conditions where in places the tarmac was melting so it was fairly hot!

Eschewing the joys of sunny, downtown Canberra I headed off for a quick blast around some of the country back roads to get home. Apart from having to take some sudden evasive action to avoid a big Bluetongue lizard out near Gundaroo and sweating a lot it was an enjoyable day to be riding! The bike performed wonderfully, more than can be said for the couple of Pirates I found stopped by the side of the road with melted regulator/rectifiers. I left them with my water bottle, (They had huge, be-tasseled panniers on their bikes but were carrying no water? On a 40+*C day???) as they had called the recovery service but it wasn't going tomget to them for a couple of hours. I reckon it was a busy day yesterday!

Anyway I rolled back into Bungendore, oil temp was still around the 115-120*F mark. Into the pub for a coldie and then home for a shower and a period lying glistening under the air conditioner!

I love my GRiSO. Its a fantastic, unique and thoroughly enjoyable motorbike. I don't think I'll be getting rid of it any time soon!

Pete
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: Riding in the heat...   Riding in the heat... Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:19 pm

A nice contrast to the ride I took yesterday Pete!

I wish we could have channeled some of that heat here in our hemisphere, but not all of it.  That's a lotta hot!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Riding in the heat...   Riding in the heat... Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:50 pm

Pete Roper wrote:

OK it was a bit down on power at larger throttle openings but that is hardly surprising.

You want me to fix that?

.....he said with a twinkle in his eye......

cheers
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oca
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Oca

PostSubject: Re: Riding in the heat...   Riding in the heat... Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:01 pm

Reached 90*F here in Santa Rosa Valley at 16:00. This is the warmest winter I can remember in SoCal.
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Riding in the heat...   Riding in the heat... Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:05 pm

I think it will be very hard. Its not that the fueling is wrong, just that its getting sohot that it'll suffer from vaporisation issues. Probably the only way to *Fix* it would be to do a PCV umber on it and pour in too much fuel. Plus take some spark out which won't really do much apart from make it feel better.

Incidentally I have. The leaky 1200 sport back this week. I'll be trying your map in that once I've convinced it to keep its lubricant on the inside. I've also got a bloke with a single O2 sensor Stelvio with the full PCV kit on who is unhappy with it and there's a bloke in Wagga with a 2V Norge who I think could use your help! I can stop you getting bored easily Very Happy.

Btw if we go to the Dyno on 28th your shock might be here by then!

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Riding in the heat...   Riding in the heat... Icon_minitime1Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:21 pm

I'll send you an email re the dyno on the 28th. Looking forward to that, plus the shock!

I'm keen to get my hands on that Stelvio. We will need to tweak the delta-fuel for bikes with equal length headers, once sorted it should work pretty well in the other 8V bikes.

A 2V Norge? Goodo! That sounds like fun too!

BTW, I was just joking about tweaking the FU2 for large throttle openings in the heat....  Very Happy

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: Riding in the heat...   Riding in the heat... Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:11 pm

Lol, Saturday I was in a 25 to 39 F weather... but I no care, I was on my noo motoceecle!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Riding in the heat...   Riding in the heat... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Riding in the heat...
Page 1 of 1