GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)

Go down 
+4
Daves-i-Know
gsharris
Blue
raiderfan37
8 posters
AuthorMessage
raiderfan37
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
raiderfan37

Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Empty
PostSubject: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:04 pm

Hi all

Have just introduced myself to the site, and I'm already asking stupid questions. I have looked through this forum (honest!) but can't find any evidence of a tail tidy available in the UK (or anywhere) for a GRiSO 1200SE. I'm obviously being a bit thick, but can somebody point me in the right direction? I'm after anything that will replace the acres of plastic that seem to come with the OEM tail-piece.

Many thanks.

Al

PS - and if anybody knows of any short, stubby, adjustable levers that fit a GRiSO, that would save me starting another annoying newbie thread!
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Mine has one fitted, will try and see what make it is tomorrow. Chinese levers on eBay are pretty good. Got the longer ones myself and they are fine. Have a good search around there's a few threads about em.
Back to top Go down
gsharris
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
gsharris

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:22 pm

Not sure if this one can be modified for a UK plate but I am extremely happy with it, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:30 pm

gsharris wrote:
Not sure if this one can be modified for a UK plate but I am extremely happy with it, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Take that to heart and measure your plate hole pattern before you order. They don't fit BC plates, which 1151 and I found
out the hard way. I jerry-rigged mine, but best to get the right one right off the hop.
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:59 pm

Lightech:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Blue
Nibbio
Nibbio
Blue

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:16 am

See they don't hate you.........

Oakland Raiders to LA Raiders to Oakland Raiders - soon to return to LA? Is that right? Used to follow American football a little 'when I was younger so much younger than today' [ everyone sing along ]
Back to top Go down
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:47 am

I got one off Space Clam, a couple of years or more ago, who frequented the Guzzi Tech site, looks the same as the GTRX offering. Had no problems mounting a UK plate
Back to top Go down
Primitial
Carlotto
Carlotto
Primitial

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 28, 2015 1:32 am

I'm using [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the turn signals and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for the license plate. Works really well.
Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:12 am

I have the Stucchi one, which I love, but I think it's difficult to get now (Stucchi stopped trading?)

this is not my bike, just a random internet picture of a GRiSO with the Stucchi eliminator...

Back to top Go down
Daves-i-Know
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Daves-i-Know

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:00 pm

Midlifecrisis wrote:
I have the Stucchi one, which I love, but I think it's difficult to get now (Stucchi stopped trading?)

this is not my bike, just a random internet picture of a GRiSO with the Stucchi eliminator...

That's not illuminated, Midlife, is it?
Back to top Go down
Midlifecrisis
Carlotto
Carlotto
Midlifecrisis

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:45 am

I should get a photo of my set up (will try at the weekend) - yes I've wired up a little Rizoma LED number plate light which bolts onto the number plate itself. The Stucchi Carc tail tidy has a couple of holes in the tubing for you to run wires through so they stay out of sight.

installation video;

Back to top Go down
Primitial
Carlotto
Carlotto
Primitial

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

This is my tail with the "GT-Rx® GRiSO Fender Elim Kit" for the turn signals and the "License Plate Relocator For CARC Drive Moto Guzzi" for the license plate.
Back to top Go down
raiderfan37
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
raiderfan37

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:01 am

Hey all. Thanks for the replies. Yes, Blue, it's the Oakland Raiders (for the moment - LA looms again). Grew up in North America and live and breathe all things Oaktown, and especially the Raiders.

Was hoping for a simple solution for a UK plate, but there's not much around. I can't seem to find a Stucch or Space Clam one, so will go with the Lightech solution, I think. Really like the look of Primitia's bike but not sure it'll work with a British plate. Mind you, if San Antonio keeps bidding for the Raiders, I might come over and see it in person!

Thanks all

Al.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)   Tail tidy (please don't hate me!) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tail tidy (please don't hate me!)
Page 1 of 1