GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ...

Go down 
+2
Steak
Bill Hagan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ... Empty
PostSubject: The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ...   The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ... Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:00 am

… Classics.  

Plus a few more pix of the day after I got back.

As I have mentioned in the forum before, when it became clear that “rollerization” was required,  I decided to take my GRiSO back to Rose Farm Classics in Woodstock, Illinois, the dealership where I bought it when a job move “exiled” me to the Midwest tundra.   

Lots of wrenches can handle the mechanical aspects of Guzzis; others get the IT aspects of FI, etc.  Few are masters of both.  Jim Barron is one of those.  Perhaps most important, Jim has the “touch.”   king

So, for me, it made sense to take my GRiSO back to him.

Originally, a Norgester friend from Atlanta was to ride with me out there, but his calendar imploded, so I thought I’d just go alone.  Then, the weather started closing in — as it usually does in mid-November —  so I decided to trailer it out.  

I left here at O-Dark this past Monday, and got back just after sunset on Wednesday, 1450 miles later, all in a ’93 Toyota pickup without a radio and one that was, with trailer, essentially limited to 60 or so mph.  Yee ha … I was living my dream.  Shocked

I left the GRiSO with Jim.  He may “deliver” it to Virginia personally, as I’ve been trying for awhile to get him out here for visit.

Here are a few pix of the trip.  No pix of Jim, as he’s a shy guy.  Besides, you’d rather see some of his cute and smart daughter Kacy (a Guzzi-certified wrench herself, btw!  queen), but Jim would do something sinister to my GRiSO if I posted that!  Wink

So, I was ready to roll on Sunday afternoon.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I passed the time to launch by redundant strapping.  Rolling Eyes  Much likely unneeded, but it was therapeutic for me!

I left Cross Junction at the top of Virginia (more or less) on time at 6 a.m. Monday.  

Note bright red light in lower left corner of dash.  Anyone who has owned an early Toyota pickup knows that the light never goes off, even when parking brake is fully released.  Crying or Very sad

No problem in daylight, but a PITA at night … and if one gets an officious and unsympathetic “safety” inspector when that annual revenue-raising system rolls around.

Anyway, those who know me also know that what I know about automotive electricity would not fill a thimble.  Well, check out the following pic for how I managed to fix this problem for good!  Simple and works like a champ, tho I’ll probably neaten it up for the safety inspection.  Very Happy

700+ miles later, I got to Woodstock.  Aside from Jim and RFC, Woodstock is where the movie “Groundhog Day” was filmed.  Kathi knows and diplomatically ignores my infatuation with Andie MacDowell, and smiles indulgently when I say I want to watch the movie again (and again and again).   I love you

Hmmmmmmm.  I have an empty trailer now.  Why not?  That’s George on the right, a retired lawyer like me who now (also like me) hangs around motorcycle shops to make up for a life of doing nothing.

But, nope.  Discretion, valor … dollar$, etc. … I head home empty.

Culvers, yet another thing I miss about the Flat States!  pig

At last, 60 hours and 1450+ miles later, home.

The next day was warm and fine, so, of course, rather than unpack and clean up from the trip — yes, Kathi is still out of town — I rode the EV for a bit.  

Lordy, I live in a beautiful part of the world.  Not quite the Dragon or Cherohala, but pleasant enough for me.  Moreover, all these pix were taken on a road that begins ½ mile from our home.  [Pete R., this is the same road I took you and Jude on when you were here in ’13.]

A grand ride, actually.  And, the EV is like an old pair of shoes.  A sweet and compliant machine … but I already miss my GRiSO!

Bill

Last edited by Bill Hagan on Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ...   The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ... Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:07 am

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
Tolle09
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Tolle09

PostSubject: Re: The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ...   The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ... Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:49 am

Nice touch with the tricolor
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ...   The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ... Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:55 pm

Hey Bill
Thanks for the report, great photos
The country is so different to ours down in Tasmania
Regards
Back to top Go down
DungeonMaster
GRiSO
GRiSO
DungeonMaster

PostSubject: Re: The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ...   The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ... Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:04 pm

Nice Cali.
Sean Fader at RTL Moto is getting mine ready.
Can't wait.
Back to top Go down
WCB
Biondino
Biondino
WCB

PostSubject: Re: The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ...   The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ... Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 27, 2015 6:07 am

Steak wrote:

NICE! I thought that was lost when Xtranormal went tits.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ...   The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ... Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The GRiSO Roll(er)s to Rose Farm ...
Page 1 of 1