12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...
 
HomeFAQRegisterLog in
Share | 
 

 Your Favorite Helmet

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
avatar

Posts : 132
Join date : 2015-08-20
Age : 62

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:54 am

Oz1200Guzzi wrote:
Ron, concussion IS brain damage - but maybe not lasting eh?

I had concussion once, once,once,once,once (slaps head), with no lasting effects other than I can't remember a thing about that day, even 45 years later. It split my openface Shoei helmet completely in two, when after being t-boned by a car  I did the usual 'man out of a cannon' trajectory and picked a high concrete curb edge to use as a pillow for a short nap.
Back to top Go down
http://portertech.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=65&p=73&am
Diablo Loco
Carlotto
Carlotto
avatar

Posts : 47
Join date : 2013-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:04 am

Have used a Schuberth S2 sport for a few months now. Very light, quiet and great flip down tint visor.

Ear padding is a tight fit so putting it on needs a bit of wiggling to make sure the lobes are not caught up. Once in though, it is comfortable and I rate it best helmet ever.
Back to top Go down
wyno
Biondino
Biondino
avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2014-01-08
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:48 pm

Tried on a Vozz helmet today. They only had one in the store (had to travel to Ballarat), and it was a large. Looks like their sizing is slightly smaller than Shoei, so I have to go for an XL. And I have to wait till February to get it. It WILL be worth it.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO
avatar

Posts : 1196
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 55

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:46 pm

Good Luck with that Razz I rang and talked to the boss last Christmas and was told the xl's would be ready in February, maybe he meant 2017 Laughing
Back to top Go down
wyno
Biondino
Biondino
avatar

Posts : 242
Join date : 2014-01-08
Age : 61

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:23 pm

Yep, it's February 2017, and they're coming in from China.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO
avatar

Posts : 1196
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 55

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:56 am

Yep, that's what they told me last Christmas
Back to top Go down
Papa Lazarou
Biondino
Biondino
avatar

Posts : 295
Join date : 2014-10-07
Age : 62

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:36 am

My Shoei Neo saved my head in June. So that'll do as a good one. My favourite? An old 1950s Italian racing helmet. Utterly useless and positively dangerous but it looked good.
Back to top Go down
waterbottle
GRiSO
GRiSO
avatar

Posts : 1196
Join date : 2015-02-02
Age : 55

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:38 am

Shuberth SR2 Thumbs Up where are you guys buying the Shuberth helmets ?
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
avatar

Posts : 132
Join date : 2015-08-20
Age : 62

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Mon Mar 06, 2017 2:53 am

I bought mine from :-  goo.gl/w0FxEq

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] in Germany, prices were great, shipping to AU was about 10 days to NSW, it was well packed and flawless Schuberth C3.

Cheers
Terry
Back to top Go down
http://portertech.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=65&p=73&am
ghezzi
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
avatar

Posts : 1843
Join date : 2014-05-22
Age : 59

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:31 am

Bought my C3 Pro in 2014 from Euro somewhere with the bluetooth gizmo as an extra. Exchange rate put it over $1k so I copped another 15% import duties plus 10% GST on top of that.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Since then there is supposed to be an Aussie/NZ importer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.biketowbrisbane.com.au
not-fishing
Carlotto
Carlotto
avatar

Posts : 36
Join date : 2014-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:35 am

wyno wrote:
Tried on a Vozz helmet today. They only had one in the store (had to travel to Ballarat), and it was a large. Looks like their sizing is slightly smaller than Shoei, so I have to go for an XL. And I have to wait till February to get it. It  WILL be worth it.

I've been after Vozz for getting a helmet here in California but experience is telling me it's going to be a real slow boat from China. First they have to get DOT to pass it.

Because I wear glasses nearsighted I'm looking at the Vozz as being a big time saver. No more, take the glasses off, put the glasses in a safe place, put the helmet on, put the strap on, put the gasses on, lower the visor for getting on my GRiSO. To get out the the rig I have to raise the visor, take off the glasses, place the glasses in a safe place, take the strap off, take the helmet off then put the glasses back on.

With Vozz it's just put the helmet on ---- take the helmet off. No more glasses falling on the asphalt / concrete, no more carefully putting the glasses on, no more messing with the prehistoric chin strap.

Maybe by July 2017

Mark
Back to top Go down
zebraranger
Carlotto
Carlotto
avatar

Posts : 36
Join date : 2016-12-20

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:44 am

My favorite helmet for local around town riding is the Monaco Lazer modular helmet. One of the lightest helmets out there, its well vented and it has the transitions auto darkening shield. For high speed interstate travel, I prefer the Scorpion Exo-900 modular helmet, its a little quieter. Its more of a touring or sport touring helmet, but its very long distance comfortable for me. I've had two of the Scorpions, its recently been discontinued and replaced with another model.

Monaco Lazer
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Scorpion Exo-900
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
avatar

Posts : 345
Join date : 2015-02-27
Age : 70

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:35 pm

not-fishing wrote:
wyno wrote:
Tried on a Vozz helmet today. They only had one in the store (had to travel to Ballarat), and it was a large. Looks like their sizing is slightly smaller than Shoei, so I have to go for an XL. And I have to wait till February to get it. It  WILL be worth it.

I've been after Vozz for getting a helmet here in California but experience is telling me it's going to be a real slow boat from China.  First they have to get DOT to pass it.

Because I wear glasses nearsighted  I'm looking at the Vozz as being a big time saver.  No more, take the glasses off, put the glasses in a safe place, put the helmet on, put the strap on, put the gasses on, lower the visor for getting on my GRiSO.  To get out the the rig I have to raise the visor, take off the glasses, place the glasses in a safe place, take the strap off,  take the helmet off then put the glasses back on.

With Vozz it's just put the helmet on ---- take the helmet off.  No more glasses falling on the asphalt / concrete, no more carefully putting the glasses on, no more messing with the prehistoric chin strap.

Maybe by July 2017

Mark

I thought they already had DOT & CE. I shall check & report back.

The Vozz is really, really, convenient for those of us who wear glasses. The best thing since sliced bread.

Mal
Back to top Go down
not-fishing
Carlotto
Carlotto
avatar

Posts : 36
Join date : 2014-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:24 pm

Vozz Reply dated 12/16/2016

Summary of web form submission:
SUBJECT
gETTING hINGED IN THE usa
Comments/Enquiries
lET ME KNOW WHEN YOU HAVE SALES hERE. i'M REALLY TIRED OF THE DRILL i HAVE TO GO THROUGH EVERY TIME i PUT MY HELMET ON BECAUSE i WEAR GLASSES.

Vozz Reply
Quote :
We'll be in touch as soon as we can.
Back to top Go down
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
avatar

Posts : 345
Join date : 2015-02-27
Age : 70

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Yesterday at 2:45 pm

Hey not fishing - I checked again with Vozz & their website - the helmet is already DOT compliant, as well as ECE & AS/NZ.

The word from Vozz last Monday was that a new shipment with ALL sizes & all colours was already on the high seas & due in Oz in a couple of weeks.

In addition to the shell shapes for us lot and Chinese/Japanese they already have, they are also developing a shell shape for Euro heads. I think they are serious about this business.
Back to top Go down
HCSO617
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2017-03-04
Age : 55

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Yesterday at 7:55 pm

I've been wearing a AGV Numo EVO Audax Modular.  So far I like it. Longest ride was 200 miles. It's my first modular type helmet.  A little noisy, very comfortable. Quiet with ear plugs.

I have Arai, and Shoei helmets, but they don't color match the GRiSO.
Back to top Go down
not-fishing
Carlotto
Carlotto
avatar

Posts : 36
Join date : 2014-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Your Favorite Helmet   Today at 8:12 am

MalG wrote:
In addition to the shell shapes for us lot and Chinese/Japanese they already have, they are also developing a shell shape for Euro heads. I think they are serious about this business.

I thought the Vozz Owners were of European Ancestry!

Unlucky for  me I have a Scottish blockhead and wear an XXL in Scorpion.  we need a "blockhead" size

I wonder if Vozz will sell one to California, DOT or not. I'll only use it off-road......
Back to top Go down
 
Your Favorite Helmet
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: The Darkened Recess™-
Jump to: