GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Oz Is Everywhere

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

Oz Is Everywhere Empty
PostSubject: Oz Is Everywhere   Oz Is Everywhere Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:03 am

Even, it seems in BFE, Georgia.  In this case, that would be Fairmount, Georgia, USA.  

Fairmount is a nice place; east of Redbud, south of Ranger, and west of Talking Rock.  Best of all, it’s an hour north (and away from) the Atlanta metroblob.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Fairmount is also home to a world-class mistletoe hosting tree!

But who’d have thunk I’d have found Aussie influence there?  But I did.  How and what, you may understandably ask?

Well, first a nod to the Kiwis, who can be a sensitive lot.    Wink

Kathi thought thought the seafood at lunch out here in Atlanta was not so great, but she’s a party-pooper for anything that’s fried.   queen  I thought it was mighty fine.  

But we both thought this New Zealand wine great, tho God Zonians may roll their eyes at what they may see as pedestrian swill.

But, as always, I digress.   Rolling Eyes

As you may recall, I took the front fork legs off of my Norge while — as you may also recollect — waiting on my GRiSO to come back from the tundra at Rose Farm Classics near Chicago: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After successfully (albeit with more drama than desirable) removing those, I drove to Atlanta for our monthly eldercare duty and dropped the stanchions off at G.M.D. COMPUTRACK Atlanta, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] a place recommended to me by a Norgester friend.

As that latter fellow is a bachelor Delta pilot, I have to be careful lest — as does he — I view money as a mere administrative inconvenience!   Laughing

So, there I wuz:

Yes.  That’s a Stelvio out front.  And, I just missed Porter, another Guzzista who'd been there earlier that same morning.

What a great shop.  Not fancy, but just the right sort of place.

Kent and co-owner-wife Tracey welcomed me and Kent gave me a super tour of their operation, all while patiently explaining the nuances of suspensions.  Seeing my eyes glaze over several times, he patiently repeated himself until some spark of understanding (faked at least once I am embarrassed to add) showed on my face.

Oh … yes.  Oz?

This …

Made in Australia.  May not look especially impressive, but Kent was very pleased and proud to have it in his shop.  Said it was a stupendous tool to find near-invisible but critical alignment errors.

Anyway, he took my forks and my “measurements,” etc., and said he’d see what needed to be done.

I’ll pick them up when next in Atlanta in February.  Can't wait to see how they work.  Uhm ... assuming, that is, I can reinstall 'em.   scratch

Bill
Back to top Go down

Oz Is Everywhere
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
GRiSO ghetto :: The Ghetto :: GRiSO Experience-
Jump to: