GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Rear shock remove and replace

Go down 
+6
Brent S
Grisonut
beetle
BBB888
paulbrice
guzziownr
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
lcjohnny
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
lcjohnny

Rear shock remove and replace - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock remove and replace   Rear shock remove and replace - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2023 8:59 am

CrazyBiker wrote:
Whats the verdict on hyperpro vs stelvio?

The Stelvio shock i fitted (early Stelvio) felt slightly less controlled than the original shock both with the standard spring and with a 12Kg/mm spring.

It raised the seat height by about 20mm and had 9mm more stroke (44mm rather than 35mm) giving up to 22mm more wheel movement (depending how soft the bump stop is).

It was also tighter getting the Stelvio shock to line up with mounting bolts as it seemed to be nearly at the lower limit of suspension movement.

Anyway i was after better wheel control so went back to the GRiSO shock and i assume the Hyperpro, Nitron or Hagon would give better wheel control than either.
Back to top Go down
Clancy
Nibbio
Nibbio
Clancy

Rear shock remove and replace - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear shock remove and replace   Rear shock remove and replace - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri May 26, 2023 3:28 pm

I didn't have a problem with the function of the Stelvio shock.
But I didn't enjoy the extra height, both at the seat and the change that the extra rear height made to the steering.
No matter what I did at the forks, tyre pressure, etc I couldn't find a happy place.

I got the Hyperpro with stock GRiSO shock length (and optional length adjustment so I could play with incremental height increases).
At first the Hyperpro was too harsh and I thought I'd stuffed up.
After speaking to Pete about it on a trip we did together, I backed off the high speed compression a lot more.
Now I don't give the rear suspension a single thought while riding, which says it all really.

beetle and lcjohnny like this post

Back to top Go down

Rear shock remove and replace
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2