GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

New GRiSO and New Member

Go down 
+9
Belfastguzzi
LBC Tenni
NorthernProducer
MrBob
Bill Hagan
Conor W
opc
beetle
Dilliw
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

New GRiSO and New Member Empty
PostSubject: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:07 pm

Hello,

At the advice of Hagan (don't hold that against me) and based on a new to me 2011 Tenni SE I've joined the Ghetto .  I've only gotten a few rides in but so far so good.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:20 pm

Welcome! No farting required in your case, as you've done the right thing and posted a pic with your first post.

ghetto

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
opc
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
opc

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 17, 2016 6:32 pm

Gawd, I love the Tenni.

Welcome!!
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:17 am

Excellent colour choice - Welcome !
Back to top Go down
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:45 am

I deny categorically knowing this new member, and recommend that management consider ejecting him so that he not sully further our august company.   Very Happy

Seriously, welcome, George.  The GRiSO may be new to your stable, but you have a worthy Moto Guzzi pedigree, including, as I recall, an EV with the largest tank known to the marque.   Shocked  

Bill
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:00 am

[quote="opc"]Gawd, I love the Tenni.

Me three, welcome!!
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:33 am

One more time...Welcome!
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:21 pm

Thanks guys.  I bought this bike to play around on the country roads near the house while keeping the EVT for longer trips.  And even though I told Bill how much I enjoyed riding the bike naked, I did tart it up a little with some light touring farkles.  The bike came with the tail rack and bag, and it also had the C Bow mounts minus the bags.  I added those, the dead sheep, and the Deflector DX.  Good news is you can undress it in just seconds.

Back to top Go down
LBC Tenni
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
LBC Tenni

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:53 pm

Excellent choice of color!  Thumbs Up

Rollerised?
Back to top Go down
Belfastguzzi
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Belfastguzzi

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2016 2:40 am

Dilliw wrote:
...I told Bill how much I enjoyed riding the bike naked....  Good news is you can undress in just seconds.

beetle wrote:
Welcome! ....you've done the right thing

Wowsie! I didn't realise.

Is this just a 'Bill Hagan and some of the chaps' thing, or are we all required to enter into the spirit?
It's cold over here, you know.

Back to top Go down
little750
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
little750

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:05 am

Not to keen on riding a bike naked, especially considering it is only 4C this morning.
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:58 am

Naked bike or riding naked?  Now I'm confused Smile

In addition to her being naked she's a flatty too.  I've got a dealer appointment next week to see if we can get her upgrded to a Kit B Cup...

Nudity aside this will be an interesting case.  The bike was sold new by Rider's Hill (closed), I bought it from a BMW dealer, and didn't come with service records.  Another dealer is going to do the inspection and support the claim, but I don't know how it will be treated if the bike has no service history.  I'm hoping the issue is known enough that they won't hassle me but who knows. I already have my own picture at 8k miles:

Back to top Go down
Belfastguzzi
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Belfastguzzi

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:02 am

It's about to go downhill fast. :-( I can link you to photos of mine if you want to see... that will soon be a gouged, concave cup and the steel debris will be in the oil. The other head is bound to be the same. My first tappets, which were different material, lasted 2,500 miles from new. The second set which are probably the same as yours, lasted around 7,000 / 7,500miles.

It's a good job you found it now! Smile
Back to top Go down
muzhik
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
muzhik

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2016 4:56 pm

Dilliw wrote:
Naked bike or riding naked?  Now I'm confused Smile

In addition to her being naked she's a flatty too.  I've got a dealer appointment next week to see if we can get her upgrded to a Kit B Cup...

Nudity aside this will be an interesting case.  The bike was sold new by Rider's Hill (closed), I bought it from a BMW dealer, and didn't come with service records.  Another dealer is going to do the inspection and support the claim, but I don't know how it will be treated if the bike has no service history.  I'm hoping the issue is known enough that they won't hassle me but who knows. I already have my own picture at 8k miles:

Please do keep us informed on your success/failure regarding Piaggio supplying the parts pro-bono. I'll be in the market soon, and also can't resist the Tenni... so rollerization is most likely in my future.
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 19, 2016 7:38 pm

Welcome!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
f-man
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
f-man

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:49 am

Hello George;

enjoy your new bike and this forum.

Sven
Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 26, 2016 4:58 pm

muzhik wrote:

Please do keep us informed on your success/failure regarding Piaggio supplying the parts pro-bono.  I'll be in the market soon, and also can't resist the Tenni... so rollerization is most likely in my future.

Claim was accepted and parts are on coming from Italy. cheers

Back to top Go down
Dilliw
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Dilliw

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:58 pm

Dilliw wrote:
muzhik wrote:

Please do keep us informed on your success/failure regarding Piaggio supplying the parts pro-bono.  I'll be in the market soon, and also can't resist the Tenni... so rollerization is most likely in my future.

Claim was accepted and parts are on coming from Italy.  cheers

The boob job is complete and she is no longer a flattie Very Happy

Matthews Fun Machines in Matthews, NC performed the procedure for 4.5 hours labor and Piaggio provided the Kit B. It took about 4 weeks for the kit to come in from Italy. Another GRiSO saved! Now I just have to get out and ride Smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New GRiSO and New Member   New GRiSO and New Member Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New GRiSO and New Member
Page 1 of 1