GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Beetle Roller map report

Go down 
+2
beetle
KevinEmpire
6 posters
AuthorMessage
KevinEmpire
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
KevinEmpire

Beetle Roller map report Empty
PostSubject: Beetle Roller map report   Beetle Roller map report Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:31 pm

Tonight was a great night, for several reasons! Firstly, it's the first night this year the sun was still in the sky when I left work, and the first night it was warm enough (about 50 deg F) after work to really go for a ride. Which brings me to this post, my GRiSO, is finally perfect. Very Happy

Mark has been great and patient with me all along as we tried five or six different mappings for my bike, and two different exhaust systems etc and while each version was an improvement from stock, I was never really happy with how the bike ran around town. At small throttle openings and lower speeds it was just always unhappy. The throttle was snatchy and difficult to modulate, it popped and crackled and was generally frustrating to ride inside of town. I was ready to give up on trying to improve the mapping and just accept that perhaps this was the character of the bike and it wasn't meant to be a commuter/city bike anyway, but now, with a fresh service and Mark's new roller map for the Mistral no-dbk high pipe it's FINALLY exactly what I've been looking for in terms of fueling.

Whereas before I had to concentrate so hard to try and ride around its 'unhappiness' at slower speeds, now I can't make the thing misbehave if I try. Lugging it two gears higher than I normally would, or leaving it a gear low and letting the RPM's climb, it just works. It pulls from 2000 RPM without complaint if anything the midrange feels stronger than before. This is how a GRiSO should run.

Anyway,

Just wanted to share with you all that Beetle's new Roller maps are a must for those of you with newer, factory roller engine GRiSO's, or with recently rollerized older bikes! It's awesome.

CrazyBiker likes this post

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Roller map report   Beetle Roller map report Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 27, 2016 7:40 pm

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Roller map report   Beetle Roller map report Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2016 5:39 am

KevinEmpire wrote:
Tonight was a great night, for several reasons! Firstly, it's the first night this year the sun was still in the sky when I left work, and the first night it was warm enough (about 50 deg F) after work to really go for a ride. Which brings me to this post, my GRiSO, is finally perfect. Very Happy

Mark has been great and patient with me all along ****

Whereas before I had to concentrate so hard to try and ride around its 'unhappiness' at slower speeds, now I can't make the thing misbehave if I try. Lugging it two gears higher than I normally would, or leaving it a gear low and letting the RPM's climb, it just works. It pulls from 2000 RPM without complaint if anything the midrange feels stronger than before. This is how a GRiSO should run.

Anyway,

Just wanted to share with you all that Beetle's new Roller maps are a must for those of you with newer, factory roller engine GRiSO's, or with recently rollerized older bikes! It's awesome.

I just showed Kathi your post, and she immediately picked upon on why I had asked her to read it.  

No, she has little clue about Mark's mapping genius, tho she's heard me muttering about it. Very Happy

But she did see your comment about "the sun was still in the sky when I left work" as a (somewhat poignant) reminder about one of the great changes wrought by retirement on one's life.  We are both still busy, but it's from congenital disorganization, not our bosses' clocks.  Rolling Eyes

Anyway, I am eager to get my GRiSO back so I can see (and hear and feel) the difference from the flat world to that of Columbus.  Wink

Then I, too, will hook up Guzzidiag and try beetle's patience ... erm ... I mean install the new map.  scratch  study  

So, congrats, KE, on longer, warmer days ... and on having a GRiSO as Mandello should have made it.

Bill
Back to top Go down
KevinEmpire
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
KevinEmpire

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Roller map report   Beetle Roller map report Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 28, 2016 9:15 am

Bill, I hope you have the same success with Mark's map as I have!

Now if I could just sort the suspension on my bike, and put a brighter headlight on it....

Always something to improve! Haha
Back to top Go down
nblades
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
nblades

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Roller map report   Beetle Roller map report Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:42 am

I finally got around to buying a Map from Mark (Beetle), and uploaded it into my bike after a few small setbacks with forgetting to install the drivers for the Guzzdiag.   I'm very happy with the map. I'm happy to report that the deceleration popping is about 90 % gone, the mid-range power has improved, the snatchy throttle at low RPM has improved, and overall the bike seems quieter and smoother.  Mark is a wizard, and has done an excellent job of putting together these maps.  If anybody is sitting on the fence, just do it, I should have done it last year when I first bought the bike.  
Oh ya, I used to see about 6.5 Liters/100km @ 110km/hr.  Last night I saw 4.8 Liters/100km @ 110km/hr. That's during the first 80km after re-setting the learning parameters, so we'll see in time if it continues, but so far, the fuel economy is impressive with the new map from Mark.
Back to top Go down
saganIsMyHomeboy
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
saganIsMyHomeboy

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Roller map report   Beetle Roller map report Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:09 pm

Like nblades I've been very happy with my remapped GRiSO. I've just last week got back from a trip to the Alps/Dolomites and I think that there would have been a good chance of loss of control with the previous snatchy low speed throttle.

Also, some amazing fuel economy improvements - 4.9 L/100km on mixed motorway / highway riding.
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Roller map report   Beetle Roller map report Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:07 pm

Cruising at "sensible" speeds should return in the order of 5 l/100 km or less. Give the hurry handle a work out though, and you will see higher. City riding is also a killer - especially sitting at lights, just idling - a downright waste of good petrol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beetle Roller map report   Beetle Roller map report Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Beetle Roller map report
Page 1 of 1