GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Throttle bodies synched

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Yodasoldier
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yodasoldier

Throttle bodies synched Empty
PostSubject: Throttle bodies synched   Throttle bodies synched Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:00 am

Synched the throttle bodies today as i suspected they may be slightly out on idle. Another shout out and hats off to Mr Pete Roper for his tips and precedure explained within the Gheto forum pages. Connected the digital guages (borrowed from work) and my suspisons looked correct. Pete you were corect with saying that the air bleed screws would probaly be both open! I closed them both down and checked  the hi rpm balance, it  was spot on but the idle balance  was out by about 8%. opend the left hand throttle body bleed screw to bring them both bang on! Could actually hear the difference in the idle already.The bike was riding well previously to the balance, but something told me the idle could be better. Took the bike a spin and it felt really good, smooth rolling throttle from idle and just a whole lot better riding experience. The new Zard sounds great. Amazing what such a small adjustment can make! cheers

The sun is shining!!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
guzziownr
Nibbio
Nibbio
guzziownr

PostSubject: Re: Throttle bodies synched   Throttle bodies synched Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:34 am

Good job! I will be doing the same with my new acquisition. DW
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Throttle bodies synched   Throttle bodies synched Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:18 pm

Remember, if you need to adjust the high speed balance by using the screw on the bell crank you must have the tooling to re-calibrate the TPS. If, as in this case, the HSBalance is fine then as long as the TPS was initially calibrated correctly you're fine but if the bell crank is adjusted the TPS reading will be wrong.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Throttle bodies synched   Throttle bodies synched Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:34 pm

Great pics. Tell me, what is that blue stuff at the top of every photo?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Yodasoldier
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yodasoldier

PostSubject: Re: Throttle bodies synched   Throttle bodies synched Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:29 pm

The blue stuff is where the clouds usually are, but today we had none...Spring is in the air! Cheers Beetle pics taken on my phone!

Not a cloud in the sky sunny

Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Throttle bodies synched   Throttle bodies synched Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:40 pm

There's a UFO in that top one above. Shocked

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Throttle bodies synched   Throttle bodies synched Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:52 pm

seagull perhaps?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Throttle bodies synched   Throttle bodies synched Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:49 pm

I want to know what the little yellow bit is on the back of the bike, are you sure you can't make it bigger?
Back to top Go down
Yodasoldier
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yodasoldier

PostSubject: Re: Throttle bodies synched   Throttle bodies synched Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:02 pm

Funny you mentioned that, ordered one of these today
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

going to get the samllest plate i can legally here in the uk, maybe see if ican get away with a metal printed/ embossed pressed one. Be good to lose the rear guard!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Throttle bodies synched   Throttle bodies synched Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Throttle bodies synched
Page 1 of 1