GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

What did you do with your GRiSO today?

Go down 
+88
Street
waterbottle
Guzzi Cat
Bill Hagan
Nobleswood
Converted Duc
gshybrid
Steak
MrGPz
Diablo Loco
wardentm
Oz1200Guzzi
Motoguzzimackers
Ian p
BradleyM
Rubberbroker
dennis the menace
pkroupa
techman-001
AH Head
Scot p
remgitano
Ad B
bCraig
Birch
Grisodude
rudolf35
bumati
GUZ21
fredfrenzy
Brent S
Bulldog9
janguzzi
GuzziSteve
Lemppari
sono
FreshEgg
RightD
GNORTS
nwreed
keenerkeen07
Wet Coaster
DungeonMaster
NorthernProducer
bioman
HLMiskelly
wayne68
Belfastguzzi
Guzzi Two Shoes
guzziownr
nev
f-man
blue thunder
Papa Lazarou
Yodasoldier
ultra
GHTE
muzhik
mark111
Conor W
GuzziTwoShoes
jeremyb
Ralf z
tocino
Charlie J
LBC Tenni
Dilliw
Grisonut
Ahdammit
Omnis
Blue
little750
Hacky
boxerscott
dave taylor
Canyon Carver
H-E-ROSS
MalG
opc
WCB
bahamazoo
CPB
MrBob
cbxtc6
Pete Roper
wyno
beetle
Tango2
92 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:10 pm

After riding my Cub Cadet most of today, mowing the "Lower 40" and hauling firewood up to the house in surrendered preparation for The Long Cold Dark ahead, today's 84F highs and clear skies made me nuts to take the GRiSO for a romp.

I had intended -- after cleaning it into near-Concours readiness -- to take it to the W.V. Guzzi rally at Pipestem a week or so ago, but the wet weather made me take the Norge instead. If terminally bored, those pix are here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Anyway, it and I needed a GRiSO fix. We finally got away about 3:30 ... just in time for the yellow buses to discharge their larvae.   Wink

Still, so glad I went.  Not far, maybe only a 70-mile r/t, but a delight.

Stopped for pix by apple trees and the Hopewell Friends meeting house, c.1759; [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Then wandered over to the Guzzi dealer to kick tires.

A splendid afternoon.

Pix below.

Bill

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Looks like a beautiful day there Bill!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
AH Head
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
AH Head

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:46 pm

Wow .......... haven't seen the sun here for a while now, Very inviting weather.
By the way who builds the screen on your GRiSO?
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:53 pm

AH Head wrote:
Wow .......... haven't seen the sun here for a while now, Very inviting weather.
By the way who builds the screen on your GRiSO?

That looks like the larger size 'Dart' screen in clear to me. I have the smaller one, and the mounting brackets look the same.
Back to top Go down
https://mecrisp-stellaris-folkdoc.sourceforge.io/
Bill Hagan
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bill Hagan

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:13 pm

It's not a Dart.  Am going to get one of the Marlin version of those.

It's the (POS @#$%^) OEM one.  

I have had a whale of a hard time getting that (POS @#$%^) one to fit.  It's not quite right and thus led to breaking the plastic headlight shell.

I'm sending mine to Pete. No doubt he'll work his magic and it'll fit like body paint on Andie MacDowell. Wink

But, so what.  Yesterday was a delightful to ride a GRiSO around the top of Virginia.

Soon, the Long. Cold. Dark.

Bill
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:41 pm

Bill Hagan wrote:

It's not a Dart.  Am going to get one of the Marlin version of those.

It's the (POS @#$%^) OEM one.  

I have had a whale of a hard time getting that (POS @#$%^) one to fit.  It's not quite right and thus led to breaking the plastic headlight shell.

I'm sending mine to Pete.  No doubt he'll work his magic and it'll fit like body paint on Andie MacDowell.  Wink

But, so what.  Yesterday was a delightful to ride a GRiSO around the top of Virginia.

Soon, the Long. Cold. Dark.

Bill

Oh yes, I recall that post of yours ... nasty!

Pete could even make a politician work, that's how awesome he is!

Our Ausi summer is here and it's hot already, but I don't care, once my rollers are in, I'm riding, come rain or hail!

Cheers Bill,
Terry
Back to top Go down
wyno
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wyno

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:10 am

Pete could make a politician work. I love that line. He's in the right place too.
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:15 pm

heading up the range from mossman fnq
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:22 pm

Those white one's do look good ........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:17 pm

Not sure about the gardening gloves tho?
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:24 pm

the gloves are pigskin tig welding gloves nice and light in the heat
Back to top Go down
techman-001
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
techman-001

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:38 pm

dennis the menace wrote:
heading up the range from mossman fnq

Nice area, almost as good as down here ;-)

Love the muffler, that curved exhaust outlet is so cool.
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:53 pm

i bought it on ebay for 60 bucks im a sheetmetal worker i bought for the cone i was going to cut the curved end off and rework it.i thought i would fit it and see what what it was like and i thought it looked good and it sounds awesome and i've a few people comment on it. the bike came with a stain tune can ugly as sin. the engine is a lot more responsive and seems to have more power over the staintune i have an 8v muffler which i am going to fit soon to compere
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:16 pm

Dennis, I found your cool-looking muffler on ebay.  Ridiculously cheap indeed so I am considering trying it out.  Was it easy to fit it to the GRiSO, or did it require some technical creativity?

Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:49 pm

hi bioman,i have just got home it was an easy fit i had to make up a short piece of pipe to connect from the collector to the muffler i will take photos tomorrow and post. i tried it with and without the db killer and it ran better with the db killer in it seems to be well made the welding is of a very high standard i think they purged the muffler before welding[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by dennis the menace on Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:57 am

No GRiSO but ...............
Took "stinkwheels" out today and swapped bikes for a ride on one of Pete's beloved Tuono's (1100 V4 factory). Must be the most stupid creation put on God's earth. jocolor

I think it's even crazier than the 500 2 stroke. They both go wheelie mad at 7,000 rpm but the big Ape has twice the power in a power band twice as wide.
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:13 am

in 1970 i weighed a lot less than i do now i had a t250 hustler that was a weapon first 100mph 250 now i need 1200cc to move the weight
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:14 am

Beautiful day - should have gone for ride but only made it to shed and enjoyed the sun there. Fed carby cleaner to stepper per tony's method to beat hi idle. Seemed to work initially but reappeared later in day.  More to do.

Main job was to fit some LED geegaws so I can see the roo's a bit earlier...

Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:47 am

And a week late but some pics from last weekend.  Good to catch Richard (guz21) at a perth italian show. Some fantastic bikes. Richards V7S was in good company, though I think the Norton may have been confused....a fee GRiSO's. Mine had to be hidden behind a bush as it was still (and remains) bug spattered...the shame....

Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:01 am

Put the 8V stock exhaust on my 1100 yesterday...looks and sound better. Should have done that sooner...
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:55 pm

I started mine!

First order of business on return from overseas, start the vehicles! After a ten week hiatus the only one that was reluctant was the Mighty Suzuki Jimny! Both the Aprilia and the GRiSO fired up first press of the button! Brilliant!

Pete
Back to top Go down
bioman
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
bioman

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:58 pm

Conor W wrote:

Down Under indeed!!!  Funny how gravity works. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:20 pm

ghezzi wrote:
No GRiSO but ...............
Took "stinkwheels" out today and swapped bikes for a ride on one of Pete's beloved Tuono's (1100 V4 factory). Must be the most stupid creation put on God's earth. jocolor  

I think it's even crazier than the 500 2 stroke. They both go wheelie mad at 7,000 rpm but the big Ape has twice the power in a power band twice as wide.

Tuonos are absurd fun aren't they? If I was even twenty years younger I'd be all over one like a rash but it would be totally wasted on me now.

pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:23 pm

Lev is a 30yo barrister, 1st bike tricked up modern CB400, then a CBR600RR (now his very serious track bike) plus a CBR250RR race bike. He's done 28k on the Tuono in a year but said it took him 20,000km to get used to it, but is a total waste as you play part throttle in the midrange, just too fast for our tight mountain roads and smaller lighter bikes are more fun and probably faster. He loved the stink wheels.
Back to top Go down
dennis the menace
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
dennis the menace

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:22 pm

hi bioman exhaust photos [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do with your GRiSO today?   What did you do with your GRiSO today? - Page 30 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What did you do with your GRiSO today?
Page 30 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next