GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Speed Bleeders, what size?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

Speed Bleeders, what size? Empty
PostSubject: Speed Bleeders, what size?   Speed Bleeders, what size? Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:17 am

I found a thread on Speed Bleeders for the GRiSO. The sizes are for a 2007 as follows:

Front SB8125

Rear SB6100

Clutch SB1010S

Anyone know if these sizes are different for the 2013?
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: Speed Bleeders, what size?   Speed Bleeders, what size? Icon_minitime1Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:58 pm

Well, answering myself.
I just got the fittings and they are wrong. The regular bleeders are not for banjo fittings.
I will have to use the old method.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Speed Bleeders, what size?   Speed Bleeders, what size? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 5:49 pm

Picking up on an old thread;

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's the parts diagram for the front brake banjo. Which shows that a speed valve can be substituted.

Am I understanding this correctly ?

Anyone know what the size would be ?

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Speed Bleeders, what size?   Speed Bleeders, what size? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:14 pm

A bit of digging from a different angle came up with an M8 x 1.25, Speed bleeder pn SB8125 L for Bob's (Ohiorider ) 1200 Sport.

My understanding is that the two models, GRiSO & 1200 Sport, used the same brakes, calipers etc.

scratch
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: Speed Bleeders, what size?   Speed Bleeders, what size? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 6:20 pm

Nah, the Sports, Norge's etc. use axial mount calipers but the bleed nipples are I believe the same.
Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: Speed Bleeders, what size?   Speed Bleeders, what size? Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:00 pm

Triman023 wrote:
Well, answering myself.
I just got the fittings and they are wrong. The regular bleeders are not for banjo fittings.
I will have to use the old method.

If you use the 'old method' and have a compressor, a quality vac bleeder makes it very easy to do without introducing air into the system.
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Speed Bleeders, what size?   Speed Bleeders, what size? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:20 am

If you use the 'old method' and have a compressor, a quality vac bleeder makes it very easy to do without introducing air into the system.

scratch

Walk me through how you do this. It's new to me
Back to top Go down
Diablo Loco
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Diablo Loco

PostSubject: Re: Speed Bleeders, what size?   Speed Bleeders, what size? Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 05, 2019 4:18 am

There are YouTube worth looking at, here's an overview:
The bleeder has a bottle filled with brake fluid. It sits atop the master reservoir.

The bleeder hose is connected to the bleed nipple. The compressor hose is fitted to the valved bleeder atop a catch bottle. The nipple is cracked with a spanner and the bleeder valve opened by a lever arm so the pressure can be controlled to draw fluid into the catch bottle. When the fluid runs clear the operation is finished. Bubbles can be drawn through, you'll work out when it's done  Used it for GRiSO clutch and brakes. .
Back to top Go down
Nobleswood
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Nobleswood

PostSubject: Re: Speed Bleeders, what size?   Speed Bleeders, what size? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 23, 2019 2:56 pm

To close out this thread; the front brakes on my 2013, take the M6 x 1.0 version valve. Speedbleeder SB6100
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speed Bleeders, what size?   Speed Bleeders, what size? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Speed Bleeders, what size?
Page 1 of 1