GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

More idle issues

Go down 
+12
Street
beetle
wardentm
paulbrice
Charlie J
guzziownr
Conor W
waterbottle
pauldaytona
Pete Roper
Oz1200Guzzi
little750
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
waterbottle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
waterbottle

More idle issues - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:06 am

OK, Just a thought here, How about removing the stepper hoses on the throttle bodies and blanking them off. Run the bike and see if the high idle issue disappears. It might not run perfect but will eliminate the stepper as the problem. If the issue is still there ..... further investigation. If cured...... pony-up for a new stepper confused
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:09 am

Bin there, done that.
Back to top Go down
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:48 am

I get the impression that these steppers are a bit pricy ....
How much are they approximately?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:53 am

Enough. I've got lots of them. I've yet to have a bike where the stepper was the problem. 9 times out of 10 if there's a problem it's because someone has fucked about with something they don't understand and shouldn't of touched.

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:56 pm

More photos time, there is no vertical movement in the butterflys but when held up to the light there is a visable gap. and by the way Pete 9 out of 10 times i have fecked with something i dont understand and shouldn't have touched.  But as they say, 'the man who makes no mistakes is the man who never does anything' and i have a gold medal in mistakes.
Is the gap here at the butterflys too large and is it this that is causing me idle issues?
When the bike is started up it revs a little too high for a brief moment and settles to an ok tickover but after a half hour or more riding the revs will hang at 2000rpm approx. The bike runs very well at speed so i reckon fuel stavation shouldnt be an issue. I have tried finding any air leaks around the inlet/exhaust and replaced some exhaust gaskets but the issue still remains which is a shame as the bike drives great out of town. Luckily i live out of town so its managable but when heading into the big smoke its a pain in the arse. Any help greatly appreciated as no moto guzzi dealer in this country and its all diy.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />" />" />" />" />" />
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 20, 2016 2:50 pm

You have both air bleeds closed when you balance the TB's?

Pete
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:52 pm

Both bleeds are closed for balancing and are currently closed to eliminate any air leaks. Might try reflashing the cpu as it seems to have worked for some others in another thread. thx mark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:03 pm

Victory....... Ok its still not perfect but much better. I reflashed the cpu and reset tps and autolearning. Went for a spin and a reliable tickover has been achived. Hope this is the end of any issues for a while so i can enjoy the ride. Might balance the tb's next weekend.
Thanks to all for your help great forum.
Back to top Go down
Charlie J
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
Charlie J

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:55 pm

Good to see you arehappy with it, but what do you think currd it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:18 pm

If I'm honest not sure. The replacement stepper from Pete made a big difference but the idle was still too high. Multiple cleans of the Tb's and resets of the tps and auto learning did not improve maters much. When I re flashed the cpu and reset the tps and auto learning it has started to idle correctly. It doesn't make sense but it working okay at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:54 am

Something high idle related I noticed yesterday:
- had loaded new map ( for Ago).
- Auto Learning reset as was TPS.
- wanted to reset CO to 0 to establish new baseline for the new exhaust, so went through normal sequence - eng up to > 60, reset trim to 0 with corresponding drop in idle ( to about 1300 as I recall).  Hit 'Finish'. Back to measurements and checked there that CO trim was registering 0. It was.
- off for ride. About 2 k's into it as I sat at an intersection idle rose  steadily to 2k. Stayed there for trip of about 60k's. Mid trip tried turning bike off and restart but no change.
- back home and rechecked. Trim had risen of own accord to 10.
- reset to 0 and has been fine since.
Beetle: with Lambda off is CO supposd to sit static or will it still self adjust ? What parameters move in the autolearning process ?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:54 pm

CO does not self adjust. The only values that the ECU modifies are the fuel trims made from the O2 sensor. With lambda off, nothing is modified.

CO trim is a manual adjustment only. I suspect a glitch between ECU and GuzziDiag.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:37 pm

Roger that but the idle rise occurred while disconnected from GD. If it happens again I'll let you know...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:26 pm

The idle can occur under various circumstances. Using the wrong map for the exhaust is one of them. Very Happy Razz

cheers

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:00 pm

scratch Yeah yeah - will have a lovely matched map and pipe soon enough.
( but - seriously now geek - as you said it can't  appear mid-ride if there are no parameters adjusting. But ok , for niw will park it in the furphy bucket. )
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:11 pm

Put it down as one if them weird things. To be 100% sure you don't get any more furphy's, use the eeprom tool to save the volatile memory in a 'clean' state, then restore it when you want to be sure there's no funnies in the memory.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:56 pm

Yes chef
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 31, 2016 1:19 am

And ok maybe it had something to do with fitup. Had to use a really big hammer but got there in the end.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:07 am

Surely, the piss. You take?

Laughing

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Conor W
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Conor W

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:28 am

Its give, I give it. Circle of life. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Street
L'Innominato
L'Innominato
Street

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:11 pm

Shame the logo's upside down. Laughing

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]      If art is outlawed, only outlaws will make art!
Back to top Go down
https://WWW.REIQUAM.COM
wardentm
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
wardentm

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:55 pm

Hi Mark
Thanks for the pickies, often wondered where the stepper actually was
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Bulldog9
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Bulldog9

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:02 am

Mark, I'm admittedly new to MG and my GRiSO/Norge. My GRiSO was setup and spot on in all ways by MI here in Seattle, so have not had to do anything but ride, but I also recently bought a Norge at barn burner prices, and the bike had several issues, a high idle being one of them. Because I am a bit reckless, after getting the guzzi diag software and cables, I went into the action section and under 'running' tab there is an option for stepper control. No idea what it does or how, but clicking this option will cycle the stepper and reset the idle. After a few cycles (you can hear the idle speed adjust up and down a few times) the idle is now a solid 1200 +/-

Looks like you've sorted out your issue, but this may be a good option next time you have the guzzi diag hooked up.

I'm still working through a few issues and have a service appt (still under warranty), but I have things almost sorted out. The Guzzi Diag software and auto tune are GOLD..........

marktjoliver wrote:
If I'm honest not sure. The replacement stepper from Pete made a big difference but the idle was still too high. Multiple cleans of the Tb's and resets of the tps and auto learning did not improve maters much. When I re flashed the cpu and reset the tps and auto learning it has started to idle correctly. It doesn't make sense but it working okay at the moment.
Back to top Go down
jretanacr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jretanacr

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:47 pm

My bike is having a problem in cold start. Wont sustain rpms and almost inmediately shuts down. Any similar experience?
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:45 pm

stepper dirty
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: More idle issues   More idle issues - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

More idle issues
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next