GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight

Go down 
+4
beetle
Ralf z
MrBob
Yodasoldier
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Yodasoldier
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yodasoldier

Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Empty
PostSubject: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:18 am

After finding that my stock headlight bucket was cracked along the back and left side mount, I decided to look at finding a suitable metal replacement. again shocked at the prices MG want for the original plastic piece of shite (after close inspection of the OEM unit it is indeed shit) decided I would get an LED unit also. Purchased a new JW speaker evolution 2 in black to suite the bike. Finding a bucket to suite, was a little harder but went for a Lucas classic 7" shell, as it was the right shape, just had to cut the back end off, so it will to fit into the stock headlight mount, as there is not a lot of room and the stock unit is pretty shallow. A couple of steel a washers and rubber washers either side of the mounting holes and some 5/16 UNF bolts and all  seems good! Was a bit concerned about the weight of the unit and how it would be held in with the 4 w clips and single fastening screw on the chrome ring, but on assembly all is very solid and doesn't seem to be an issue.

Will get some pictures of it lit up later tonight !

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
MrBob
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
MrBob

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:13 pm

Nice work, looks good! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Ralf z
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Ralf z

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:46 pm

I like it
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:25 pm

cheers

Looks good!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Yodasoldier
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yodasoldier

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:24 pm

Cheers guys, popped out for a spin in the dark and very happy with the light. Nice and bright and makes a good beam pattern. Attempted some photos but didn't come out well. Will try again. Anyone interested in the metal bucket/ shell used it was this one [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:08 pm

I was able to fit the JW Speaker to the standard bucket on my Bellagio without mods, just needed the 'W' clips.

Bloody heavy headlight ..................... bright as, but would love to do a side by side comparison with the version that Beetle's got.
Back to top Go down
NorthernProducer
Sfregiato
Sfregiato
NorthernProducer

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2016 8:10 am

Nicely done!
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:06 pm

I like the light such thing gives, but for me the lenses under the glass, look like a frog.
I prefer the look of one like this:
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
Yodasoldier
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yodasoldier

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2016 2:59 pm

I'm hoppy with the way it looks Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
Yodasoldier
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yodasoldier

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:01 pm

In fact the way it looks made me kermit to purchasing it...
Back to top Go down
Oz1200Guzzi
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
Oz1200Guzzi

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:09 pm

wots that one Paul?
Back to top Go down
Yodasoldier
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yodasoldier

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:52 pm

Looks like a Truck-lite ?
Back to top Go down
pauldaytona
Fra Cristoforo
Fra Cristoforo
pauldaytona

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:01 pm

text says jw-speaker-evolution-2 but thats not. it is this one I think:
trucklite 27270C
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

cheap?
looks like them, but chinese copy, Trucklite has green, white, red wires
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.fastguzzi.nl
MalG
Don Abbondio
Don Abbondio
MalG

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:57 pm

Interested in what you did to the bucket. The V7 has the same light as thr GRiSO, and the thin plastic bead on the bucket's rim on the V7S separated itself - cleanly - it is only paper thin, so it is a metal bucket for me. As there was no headlight on the wrecked Breva & the bucket on the Holed Nevada was cracked, I'm running around Oz with duct tape holding the headlight on. Working so far, but a proper solution is preferred.
Back to top Go down
Yodasoldier
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Yodasoldier

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:09 pm

The bucket just needed the back cut off, 30 mins with a junior hacksaw (probably not the right tool) and tidied it up with some spray paint and screen trim.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight   Metal Headlight  bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Metal Headlight bucket and JW speaker Evolution 2 LED headlight
Page 1 of 1