GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
damoru
Carlotto
Carlotto
damoru

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:34 am

Love the stock pipes. Dont know why the people replace one of the most personal parte of the bike, but...

This is my contribution:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
bikesnbones
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
bikesnbones

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Actually, that looks very good.
The 8V pipes somehow manage to look a lot more sleek than the 1100 dustbin.
Is it possible and safe to run the 8V silencer on an 1100.
Back to top Go down
damoru
Carlotto
Carlotto
damoru

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:37 pm

For sure. The second exhaust is more for aesthetic purposes than for function.
Back to top Go down
Overholt13
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Overholt13

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:26 pm

damoru wrote:
Love the stock pipes. Dont know why the people replace one of the most personal parte of the bike, but...

This is my contribution:

I think that looks good as well, did you wrap and paint the exhaust yourself or have a shop do it???
Back to top Go down
damoru
Carlotto
Carlotto
damoru

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:05 pm

Got a shop for making real all my wet dreams Very Happy

Polished aluminium finish tends to get yellowish and permanently dirty. As I made with my V7, it was time to black it all Smile

That wrap doesn't require any spray to fix. It gets old very well, as I could see in other bikes.

Back to top Go down
damoru
Carlotto
Carlotto
damoru

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:14 am

Well, thats all. Finished!

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:04 pm

That is one fine looking GRiSO!

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
tocino
Nibbio
Nibbio
tocino

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:35 pm

Looks tough!
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:46 pm

That black can looks slimmer!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:10 pm

damoru wrote:
Well, thats all. Finished!

I like! Especially the blacked out headlight rim and instrument bezel. Start a thread on how you achieve this, please.
Black exhaust blends in, looks smaller because of black background of wheel and tyre.

Just needs carbon fibre wheels. Smile
Back to top Go down
damoru
Carlotto
Carlotto
damoru

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:52 am

I dont do anything on my own. The parts were... Sanded? Dont know the English term for spray sand to the pieces to prepare them for painting. No big history... What do you want to know?

Heres a front view:

Back to top Go down
Steak
Godfather
Steak

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:42 am

Damoru, the term here in these parts is called "sandblasting" - silica, glass beads, crushed walnut shells etc. The media depends upon the material being prepared...

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

2012 MOTO GUZZI GRiSO 1200SE

2013 MOTO GUZZI STELVIO 1200NTX - Orange Blossom Special
Back to top Go down
https://www.grisoghetto.com
damoru
Carlotto
Carlotto
damoru

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:00 am

Ah, ok. Had read about, but didnt remember Smile
Back to top Go down
rickmain
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
rickmain

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 2:54 pm

I'm looking for a full exhaust for my 2007 1100 2 valve head GRiSO. The stock headers chrome has become blotchy and I want to get them either rechromed or replaced with stainless or anything nice. The header collars don't come off the pipes, so not sure if I can get them chromed. I actually like the stock canister, but yes, very heavy, but good looking and quiet.
I may take the catalyst out of it and strap it onto one of my indoor propane stoves for cleaner exhaust Smile
any help would be great!
Back to top Go down
Grisonut
GRiSO
GRiSO
Grisonut

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 4:10 pm

The stock headers are stainless but not of great quality.
I maintain mine by wet sanding them with 800 grit and let them be...
They have a satin finish after that and I repeat the process every 3 months or so, depending on the mileage I put in.
As for chroming them, I don't know how long it'd take for the headers to turn blue but it could be worth it.
They are double walled so it might last. I have not seen anyone doing that on the GRiSO yet...
Back to top Go down
Sfregiato
Sfregiato

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 5:59 pm

Digging the difference with the black exhaust Damoru. Well done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:12 pm

Have you guys "Beetle Mapped" yet? Correct tuning will have more consistent exhaust gas temps.
Back to top Go down
Triman023
Tiradritto
Tiradritto
Triman023

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:18 pm

Anyone using the Agostini Stainless Steel Megaphone Style Slip-On? I like to look but am not interested
in a loss of performance. Also are there any maps for this pipe?
Back to top Go down
Josh.C
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Josh.C

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 23, 2015 3:44 am

Has anyone here got the Exan NX Cap Line exhaust can/muffler? If so, I'd love to hear about your experience with this exhaust.
Back to top Go down
JestersInc
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
JestersInc

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:14 am

Here is my main reason that I would like to change from stock, it is aesthetically motivated, that single sided swingarm with the wheel, I feel it need to be showcased and not hidden by some can of an exhaust. So I have been hunting for a small slip-on. I have been looking at the following:
Guzzi Tech GT-Rx
And SuperTrapp

Anybody got experience with either of these?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:28 am

No pic appears of the Guzzitech device but I bought one of the original Right Side Exit units, it was horrendously, ear bleedingly loud, didn't fit properly and completely buggered the midrange.

The Supertrap, if Tunable, may be a better option but what has become apparent is that length, preferably lots of it, is a good thing.

The Mistral Hi-Pipe offers an exposed rear wheel which I also like, it also works as well and Mark and I believe better than any other aftermarket can we've played with. It's also the only can that Mark bothered building maps for both dBK in and dBk out. Although the 'Out' map makes more bottom and top end than the 'In' map the 'in' map is so sweet I keep mine in and just ride the torque. I don't need to go over 220kph very often.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Chronic
Montanarolo
Montanarolo
Chronic

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Wed May 06, 2015 1:10 pm

So, as I mentioned on another thread, I purchased a slip on from Guzzitech.  Other than a bit of a fitment issue,  the pipe is of very good quality, sounds great and not all that much louder than stock. ( has a DB killer)  This is just the look and sound I wanted and quite like it so far.  Next up will be a tail tidy and I'll like it even more, me thinks.
I just slipped this sucker on and have done nothing else and wanted to see how the GRiSO ran compared to stock.  On Saturday I took it for a flogging on Hwy 190 here in Central Sierra Nevada mountains in California.  A particular section has about 25 miles of marvelous, tight technical twisties to test the grunt factor.   I've ridden it many time on various Guzzi's and must say the GRiSO handled it superbly!!!  This thing is an excellent mountain bike.    Other than a bit of snap, crack, & pop on decel at times, the GRiSO ran quite well with the new pipe.   I ain't no Rickey Racer expert and may not be noticing power drop, but, my seat of the pants sure feels like it pulled strongly thru the revs.   It was mostly 1st & 2nd gear and between 4K  & 6.5K revs.   I was typically at 4K - 4.5K at apex and pulled out up to 6K - 6.5...... it all felt strong and smooth. So, at this point I'm not sure what I may do next (if anything)  I know I don't want to do the PC/reflash thing.  I've had failures with PC's before and would rather save the money for suspension upgrade.   I also don't want a overly rich fueled motor.

Well, anyway, so far so good with the GRiSO........... I friggin love it!!
Back to top Go down
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat May 16, 2015 4:38 pm

now my question is which is the best bang for the buck no fueling needed ease of fitment and not ear bleeding but a bit more "meaty" then the stock for a 2015 SE? from what I gathered the arrow and quat-d seem to be checking most of those boxes?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sat May 16, 2015 5:06 pm

If you are sticking with the stock map then it is preferable to stick with something similar to the stock pipe so try and get something with a decent dB killer and hopefully a catalyser.

Having said that great improvements to rideability can be made by re-mapping and it won't show up on the factory tooling. The bike has to be properly serviced and tuned though for an open loop map to be effective as the ECU won't try and trim around poor set-up as it will, (To a degree.) with a closed loop map.

Pete
Back to top Go down
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1Sun May 17, 2015 8:24 am

Pete Roper wrote:
If you are sticking with the stock map then it is preferable to stick with something similar to the stock pipe so try and get something with a decent dB killer and hopefully a catalyser.

Having said that great improvements to rideability can be made by re-mapping and it won't show up on the factory tooling. The bike has to be properly serviced and tuned though for an open loop map to be effective as the ECU won't try and trim around poor set-up as it will, (To a degree.) with a closed loop map.

Pete

I am looking at guzzidiag currently as you suggested in my introduction post Pete. I am now trying to source a cheap laptop tu use as a tuning tool. I am going to have to research more on the entire tuning process. I did find beetle's guzzidiag how to he posted last year
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 8 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 8 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 15 ... 23  Next