GRiSO ghetto
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

12425 - Established June, 2013 - all GRiSO, all the time...

HomeRegisterLog in

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....

Go down 
+132
syspig
guzziownr
Bill Dee
GuzziSteve
iminspaaace
Buellbloke
drawnverybadly
TheMuffinMan
mikebr
LDD
knumbnutz
BobW981
Charles
SMTCapeCod
lcjohnny
Joeker80
alanlemansiv
Edown101-23
gertler
zeke81
Ulf
rick pope
Groovitz
Robinson_Spike
odder
Axael
Stubbie
Utesch
Ditchfinder
wrinkley
Griso Tom
Leone
PunkScout
WhiteGC
vee2win
saganIsMyHomeboy
melonman
kiwi dave
Paggers
hezovka
janguzzi
sideshowbob
Weißgerät
Sollep
jlburgess
BB43215
Nobleswood
beetle
MrGPz
RIKBRIANT
GuZeee
svru
davem
eeyore
Street
sidrat
paulbrice
oediehl
charliebigonions
EricS
2highlander
petarzil
DangWangi
wardentm
Brent S
Guzzi Cat
barton
Daves-i-Know
Lemppari
ultra
FreshEgg
Hacky
LBC Tenni
bradbusa
Papa Lazarou
boxerscott
keenerkeen07
Charlie J
Oz1200Guzzi
waterbottle
MalG
tarsky68
jexmatex
supercoyote
Cantaloop
jomartijr
kmac33
roam
joshct
AOAM
Grade247
Chronic
JestersInc
Josh.C
rickmain
damoru
bikesnbones
ronbo10
Overholt13
Triman023
Caedmon
Midlifecrisis
enghira
austin_22
little750
bioman
grisorosso
J1anno
tocino
spozzy
Mr Griso
mark111
Birch
msestak
Canyon Carver
Ad B
swagzz
wardest
WCB
Guzziboy66
Phang
DungeonMaster
pauldaytona
Landman
Pete Roper
NorthBayGriso
wittangamo
Grisonut
Oca
Steak
Uzidzit
136 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 2:18 pm

kmac33 wrote:
JestersInc wrote:
Here is my main reason that I would like to change from stock, it is aesthetically motivated, that single sided swingarm with the wheel, I feel it need to be showcased and not hidden by some can of an exhaust. So I have been hunting for a small slip-on. I have been looking at the following:
Guzzi Tech GT-Rx
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And SuperTrapp

Anybody got experience with either of these?

A bit late to the party, but I am running a GTRX shorty and "y" pipe. I actually bought Todd's shorty prototype from him after originally running one of his original slip ons. If he had already been making the under exit, I would have gotten that one. I run the pipe without the db killer so it is LOUD. Louder than most sane people would tolerate, but it sounds soooo good, I just won't put the db killer back in. The sound the bike makes gets compliments all the time - (despite how loud it is). I have been told more times than I can remember "that is the best sounding exhaust I've ever heard...now that is what a real motorcycle sounds like, etc."

How was the prior gt rx pipe? Did you get the titanium left side exit?
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 2:32 pm

Look, I know it will be labeled as 'hating' which it isn't but your bike will NOT run anywhere near its optimum with a pipe like that on it. It's an atrocious *Design* crafted with zero understanding of how the engine works. Whether it might actually be damaging I can't say but it would definitely be damn near impossible to get to work either efficiently or economically. If 'Pretty' and 'Loud' are important to you? Fine. But the bike will run like a three legged donkey with a spear up its chuff.

Pete
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 2:47 pm

Grade247 wrote:
Wow haha doesn't look like you had it on the bike long. Please forgive my ignorance but did the pipe come with any hardware or do you just use what's on the bike? Give me a week and ill see what funds/bills are like I am interested. A few sites have it listed at about $700+ shipping. What would you like to get for it?

Uses the same hardware as the stocker. I did about 8000 km with it. It has some road grime on it. How does $450 US shipped sound?

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
https://www.griso.org
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 3:26 pm

That sounds amazing! Give me a week or so if you can wait. I just dropped my bike for first service and that is gonna run. Me five fifty abouts
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 3:33 pm

It ain't going anywhere. PM me when you're ready.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 8:12 pm

beetle wrote:

Will do! Got my cables from lonelec yesterday also so when I get the bike back ill inbox you about a map if you dont mind.
Back to top Go down
Grade247
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
Grade247

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Wed May 27, 2015 8:15 pm

Pete Roper wrote:
Look, I know it will be labeled as 'hating' which it isn't but your bike will NOT run anywhere near its optimum with a pipe like that on it. It's an atrocious *Design* crafted with zero understanding of how the engine works. Whether it might actually be damaging I can't say but it would definitely be damn near impossible to get to work either efficiently or economically. If 'Pretty' and 'Loud' are important to you? Fine. But the bike will run like a three legged donkey with a spear up its chuff.

Pete

The way you describe how bad pipe design alters the bikes performance makes me chuckles.
Back to top Go down
kmac33
Squinternotto
Squinternotto
kmac33

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 5:52 am

Pete Roper wrote:

Pete

Pete,
Knowing your knowledge and dedication to the quirky Guzzi beasts that we are all crazy enough to own and love, I definitely don't take the comments as "hating"Smile. As I have found over my lifetime of being a gear head, that is unfortunately obsessed with trying to improve from stock both the bikes and cars that I own, it is rare indeed to find total agreement from experts (I definitely count both you and TE in that category) when it comes to the art of tuning/modifications.
Looks and sound were/are strong influences for my choice in exhaust set up, with improved performance over stock also being on the list (that goes for my cars too). If I did not have the fueling mods I've got, I'm sure your performance description running this exhaust system would be spot on, but if she is running like a 3 legged donkey with a spear up her chuff now, the description for a stock G11 would really require some creativity:lol: ! Riding mine back to back with a friend's stock G11 (with Mistral slip on), the subjective performance difference is huge. And the objective horsepower and torque curves I ended up with after dyno tuning are significantly better than typical stock curves. I wish I had the money to put the bike on the dyno and run various systems/set ups and find the "ideal", but alas, my attempts to win the lottery have thus far been unsuccessful:( .
Back to top Go down
Pete Roper
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
Pete Roper

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Thu May 28, 2015 6:19 am

1100 isn't as sensitive to the charge transition issues as the 1200. My mistake, you can probably get away with a can like that on an 1100 even with a host of GT add ons and attempts at a map.

Pete
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2015 8:18 am

Comments on install of the Mistral Hi Pipe-

This is no big deal but might serve as a cautionary note to those buying this much in demand pipe-

1.  The graphite sleeve in the stocker is not used.  Fit of the Mistral pipe over the stock exhaust tube is very tight.  I recommend smoothing the joints with Scotchbrite or fine sandpaper- especially the end pieces.  I also used a little swipe of anti-sieze paste to ease the fit.  Still required some higgling/jiggling to go on.

2.  The Mistral when lined up with the stock mounting support left the crimp slots ( on Mistral) uncovered.  I had to scribe then alter the Mistral mounting tab with a Dremel to get mounting support bolt located and new pipe engaged far enough with the exhaust tube so those slots were covered and sealed.

Looks much better.  I was going to buck the tide and use the stock pipe with it's large volume but it just covered up too much on the left side.  And it is, as one would expect, a pretty heavy piece.  With all the rain we've had the pipe still hasn't been tested for sound so that remains to be done this weekend hopefully.
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2015 2:07 pm

Interesting. I had the same snug fit you mention, but no other issues. Mounting holes lined up with the slots completely covered. scratch

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
jomartijr
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
jomartijr

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sat May 30, 2015 7:23 pm

Manufacturing variances I guess and no gripes about the little amount of work for install. Did a short ride with the new pipe today and sounds mellow but with a nice sound and maybe I'm imagining this but the GRiSO felt a little more nimble with less heft out back.
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:06 pm

beetle wrote:

Just out of curiosity, if you are selling the Termi... what exhaust do you plan to run on your bike? And why? I haven't made my decision yet.

Unfortunately, with just 100 miles on my bike - it is at the dealer as it won't start. A relay keeps popping when the key is turned and the dash says ECU disconnected. I'm sure it'll get sorted out soon...
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:26 pm

The Termi hasn't been on my GRiSO for about 12,000 km. I replaced it with the Mistral Hi-Pipe.

Why? The Mistal with the proper map produced enough torque to pull down small buildings. It weighs 1.9 kg. The Termi weighs 5kg.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:36 pm

beetle wrote:
The Termi hasn't been on my GRiSO for about 12,000 km. I replaced it with the Mistral Hi-Pipe.

Why? The Mistal with the proper map produced enough torque to pull down small buildings. It weighs 1.9 kg. The Termi weighs 5kg.

All good reasons Very Happy

What does it do to the top end? Any sacrifice in HP? Also, if I may ask, can I get a copy of the proper map for the Mistral Hi-Pipe? I am happy to pay/donate/whatever. Don't won't to be a mooch.

Adam
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 6:18 pm

Sure. PM me your email address and I'll flick you both Mistral maps.
The with-dBk map has as much top end as the a stock exhaust. Probably a wee bit more. The no-dBk has a bit less low down grunt than the with-dBk map, but a tad more top end. Still better than a stock pipe at both ends. Very Happy

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:01 pm

beetle wrote:
Sure. PM me your email address and I'll flick you both Mistral maps.
The with-dBk map has as much top end as the a stock exhaust. Probably a wee bit more. The no-dBk has a bit less low down grunt than the with-dBk map, but a tad more top end. Still better than a stock pipe at both ends. Very Happy

Thanks Beetle. PM sent.

Interestingly, I can't seem to find any videos or pics with any GRiSOs with the wired wheels. Would like to see what that would look like.

Quick question, it looks as if the later version of the hi-pipe has welded bends rather than curved sections. Any idea why?

Adam
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:25 pm

As ar as I know they all have been welded. I don't think the made one with bends only.

Have a look at Al's custom Agostini 'Hi-Pipe'. You'll get an idea of what it looks like with spokes wheels. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
AOAM
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
AOAM

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:22 am

beetle wrote:
As ar as I know they all have been welded. I don't think the made one with bends only.

Have a look at Al's custom Agostini 'Hi-Pipe'. You'll get an idea of what it looks like with spokes wheels. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks for sending me that way. The pics do look nice. I like freeing up the wheel.

Did make me think. What bike (year) do you have and what differences are their to a 2015? I had thought for everything that would matter in this regard they are the same. Is that accurate?
Back to top Go down
beetle
GRiSO Capo
GRiSO Capo
beetle

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 02, 2015 1:51 pm

I have a 2010 model. Mine has flat tappets. It came with the same stock map as yours. There is a question as to whether the flat tappets v rollers have a different effect on the engine. The cams are different, but the net lift and duration are the same. That's why thay use the same map. However Guzzi are lazy and even if the different top end caused a difference, they are just as likely to ignore it. In my opinion however, the end result is that they have the same performance.

In GRiSO we trust!
Back to top Go down
Cantaloop
Grignapoco
Grignapoco
Cantaloop

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:45 am

Unfortunately we got severe restrictions when using mufflers and exhaust system. On my first GRiSO i had this TUEV-approved system by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] You have to change the rearcover, the signs, the mounting of the plate - so it is quite expensive - but legal here in Germany. The sound is mouthwatering great - and the improvent of torque and horsepower too. But when I lost my job I had to sell the GRiSO - and sold the BOS-Exhaust seperately to a friend. Roland Däs does offer a single-can version too. I really do not like the classical oval design, but the sound was great, even deeper than the double-can-version. And is is way cheaper...

Compared to the Zard, the BOS-Double-Cans sound much more agressive. And compared to the OEM-Exhaust there is a strong increase of torque and horsepower too.

see:
Back to top Go down
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:06 am

I burned through 17 pages of this thread and am still on the fence, is a new pipe for looks and sound or do any of them show a actual increase in performance? Besides being lighter, or moving the flat spots around the rev range which I feel is simply robbing Peter to pay Paul. Any improvements to a G11 that can actually be backe up by numbers?
Back to top Go down
jexmatex
Carlotto
Carlotto
jexmatex

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:45 am

damoru wrote:

Heres a front view:

I know this is a exaust topic but.... i trully love the grid on the headlight, any idea if its another headlight or a part to mount on ?

by the way, i love the original exaust but mine has a probleme, something in is detached and make tin can noise...

so i'm currently heading for this one

this will ehance the futuristic look of my sweet ride and give me a better music !
Back to top Go down
supercoyote
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
supercoyote

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:08 am

jexmatex wrote:
damoru wrote:

Heres a front view:

I know this is a exaust topic but.... i trully love the grid on the headlight, any idea if its another headlight or a part to mount on ?

by the way, i love the original exaust but mine has a probleme, something in is detached and make tin can noise...

so i'm currently heading for this one  

this will ehance the futuristic look of my sweet ride and give me a better music !

I'm also interested in the guard. Looks great!
Back to top Go down
tarsky68
Tanabuso
Tanabuso
tarsky68

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:19 pm

ghezzi wrote:
damoru wrote:
Well, thats all. Finished!

I like! Especially the blacked out headlight rim and instrument bezel. Start a thread on how you achieve this, please.
Black exhaust blends in, looks smaller because of black background of wheel and tyre.

Just needs carbon fibre wheels. Smile

Great job with the customization! I love it! Where did you get the headlight cage?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....   The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread.... - Page 10 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The comprehensive GRiSO exhaust thread....
Page 10 of 23Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 23  Next